double post

Advertisement
Atlanta ran a similar screen to Julio I think last season.

Was a 4th down too. Jones broke a tackle and the TD ended up winning the game. The call wasnt dumb. We faced zero twice in that drive and tried to throw something quick over the middle, which didnt work.

I've seen some people be critical of this play call but it was actually a very smart call. Lashlee correctly anticipated an all out blitz. A defender was likely to come free (which is exactly what happened) which means the qb will have little time to throw to guys running past the sticks. So we went back to a play that previously should have been a sure touchdown (thanks Wiggins you *******) in the exact same situation (all out blitz).

Why didn't it work then? If you watch the replay, Perry gets ZERO mustard on that throw because he's backpedaling as he throws. It takes forever to arrive and it's late and behind Redding. Not only did Redding have to stop and wait for it, he actually had to work back to the ball a little bit. While Redding is waiting for the ball to arrive the defense is getting time to turn and chase. You now had defenders running full speed at Redding while he's standing still. If Redding is hit with a crisp throw in stride it's not only a first down, it's a touchdown. There was only one defender between him and the endzone and he was being blocked. Tough play for Perry as he didn't get anything on the throw because a defender was coming from at him and he was backpedaling. But I'd like to see him find a way to step into that throw and take the hit instead of backpedaling and it's a td for us.

I agreed with the play call, and that is what has been hampering N'Kosi his whole Collegiate career is his accuracy.
He's the brother version of sunshine, hair and air. Can toss it a mile but can;t pitch it an inch. I think that's the quote haha

Advertisement
Back