Dorsey coaching up Cam Newton

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd co-sign that move after he gets a few more years in.
Perfect path of development for him to be our next OC IMO

Would love for that to happen.

No doubt. I hope Coley sticks around for at least 2 seasons. By then Dorsey will have likely proven his worth. In that article, it's really impressive to hear that by the end of his time playing with the Browns, he was essentially creating the offensive gameplan with Chud.

He'll have a great and versatile foundation of concepts (from pro sets now to spread and even option). Working with Cam and what they'll have him do is a perfect introduction into some of the spread concepts. At some point, we're going to accept that we have incredible access to some of the best QB athletes in the country. Even out in Cali, the "traditional" pocket passer is evolving.

The issue is that he may skip us (college O-coordinator) all together.

I'm a Panthers fan, so I was delighted when Ken Dorsey was announced as the QB Coach.

Hopefully he can help improve Newton.

Advertisement
He'll have a great and versatile foundation of concepts (from pro sets now to spread and even option). Working with Cam and what they'll have him do is a perfect introduction into some of the spread concepts. At some point, we're going to accept that we have incredible access to some of the best QB athletes in the country. Even out in Cali, the "traditional" pocket passer is evolving.

The issue is that he may skip us (college O-coordinator) all together.

All very true, let's hope he wants to come back and further his coaching development at his alma mater.

Coley has the makeup of a head coach. I see one of two things happening if we get really good again:

1) Golden gets offered an NFL job and takes it. Coley gets promoted. (How would you guys feel about that?)

2) Golden gets a raise and extension, Coley takes a HC job at another program. Dorsey next OC? Don't see anyone on current staff who could be promoted.

No offense to Golden, but I don't think motivational tactics and core ideals translate well to the pro game. Remember, he has the "my way or no way" attitude that usually fails because the players have all of the power there.

Advertisement
No offense to Golden, but I don't think motivational tactics and core ideals translate well to the pro game. Remember, he has the "my way or no way" attitude that usually fails because the players have all of the power there.
belicheck and coughlin say hi. Rex Ryan totally agrees, it's worked out well for him so far.

Serious question about KD, does he want to be at UM? Does he want to be an OC in college?

I see him as a great coach but I wonder what are his thought about returning to UM.

I recall reading an article a few years ago where he was asked this question (at least with respect to coaching in some capacity at UM) and the answer was a resounding yes. I will try and dig it up.

Advertisement

"my way or no way doesn't work" - signed: Tom Coughlin, Bill Belichick, Mike Shanahan, Jim Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Mike McCarthy.....

I recall reading an article a few years ago where he was asked this question (at least with respect to coaching in some capacity at UM) and the answer was a resounding yes. I will try and dig it up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be apart of UM. Just not every player who graduates from UM wants to come back to UM. Players have different experiences here, they may flash the U and want to coach but don't want to coach here.

One of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

Dorsey is the man. I'd be quite surprised if he didn't end up coaching here some day.

Not to trail the thread, but I don't see Al as a pro coach. He is a leader of men type, role model for the young ones, impose structure, but he's got some big X's and O's improvement to make before he could even be a solid pro Coordinator IMHO. Love the guy to death and he is the best coach in the country for our program in our situation, but my heart of hearts tell me guys like the Harbaughs would eat him alive week in week out with tactical stuff.

Advertisement
Back