Doris Miller...LONG Overdue

Advertisement
This thread will get banned in about 30 secs...

But tell me again how racist our Nation is?

For perspective, American Carriers are the most powerful Ships of the Line...

ON THE PLANET. Big deal for a man of big character.

Doris Miller one of our most heroic war fighters of all time. Legend in Navy.

If you don't know his story, you better call somebody.
Nice post brother. Definitely long over do for Doris Miller. As a veteran I’ve heard his story and he is definitely a hero. Well deserved recognition for Mr Miller. 🇺🇸👍💪

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't care one way or the other - lots of soldiers/sailors meet the moment - and do extraordinary things as the situation calls for.

Private Alford McLaughlin by himself manned a forward observation post - and was attacked by a North Korean battalion at night, alternated his two machine guns when one would get too hot to hold, firing from the hip, then switch to his carbine, and throw grenades when the situation called for it.

At sunup, he had 150 bodies around him, and blood trails indicated he'd shot another fifty that go away.

It's great someone gets recognized - but doing what needs doing - when it needs doing - is not all that rare - although the Navy Cross is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m kind of shocked that, in today’s Navy, they didn’t name it the Kaepernick or the Karl Marx.

Perhaps someone should compile a list of all of the warships built and named in the last 75 years and then ask why it took 75 years to appropriately honor "one of our most heroic war fighters of all time" and "Legend in Navy".
The Navy named a frigate after him in 1973.

I was really hoping for a USS Caitlyn Jenner but this is also nice. Racism has been dead but transphobia continues to run ramped in this country. #MeToo

Advertisement
Back