Dook Post Game Thoughts

SFbayCane

All American
Good win. We beat dook worse than anyone else this season. Worse than FSU and Stanford. Dook played Va Tech and Wake very close.

For me, I really enjoyed seeing everyone on the roster getting time. Great move by the staff. If I saw it correctly, the only scholarship player that didnt play Dorion Hall. Everyone else got time. Fentress, a freshman walkon from Memphis even got time.

I also liked seeing the staff get Stephen Morris in the game. I was really hoping Benjamin could have held onto that pass. I also liked seeing a little bit of Mike James in the wildcat. If nothing else, it'll give FSU and USF something to have to prepare for.

The offense looked solid over all. The more I see Edwardo Clements the more I want to see him.

Good to see Laron Byrd get a catch. His first since the Maryland game I believe.

Advertisement
I can definitely see the Stephen Morris package as an antidote to some of our goal line/short yardage ills. Add that threat of a big strong guy running an option near the goal line and it has got to help us if for nothing else it gives the other team something extra to think about and prepare for.

Good win. We beat dook worse than anyone else this season. Worse than FSU and Stanford. Dook played Va Tech and Wake very close.

For me, I really enjoyed seeing everyone on the roster getting time. Great move by the staff. If I saw it correctly, the only scholarship player that didnt play Dorion Hall. Everyone else got time. Fentress, a freshman walkon from Memphis even got time.

I also liked seeing the staff get Stephen Morris in the game. I was really hoping Benjamin could have held onto that pass. I also liked seeing a little bit of Mike James in the wildcat. If nothing else, it'll give FSU and USF something to have to prepare for.

The offense looked solid over all. The more I see Edwardo Clements the more I want to see him.

Good to see Laron Byrd get a catch. His first since the Maryland game I believe.

Can't argue with any of that. Would have liked to see the D add some blitz packages, but maybe they are holding them for the noles...

Agree with all of it especially emptying the bench and Clements' performance. EC might have the best cut move of the top 3 backs; he's obviously not as fast as Lamar but he's very quick to plant and change directions.

And once again props to Jacory. He appears to have grown quite a bit in the last 10 months. I appreciated his performance on the field today but also his post-game comments. He just sounds like a different person.

I can definitely see the Stephen Morris package as an antidote to some of our goal line/short yardage ills. Add that threat of a big strong guy running an option near the goal line and it has got to help us if for nothing else it gives the other team something extra to think about and prepare for.

I wonder how much they brought in Morris to eff with FSU so they have to prepare for two guys.

Advertisement
Oh and I also wanted to say that I liked Gionni Paul's play.

I'd be in favor of him getting 50% of Futch's 1st team reps.

Our D needs to play a TON better against F$U for sure.

Can't argue with any of that. Would have liked to see the D add some blitz packages, but maybe they are holding them for the noles...

And once again props to Jacory. He appears to have grown quite a bit in the last 10 months. I appreciated his performance on the field today but also his post-game comments. He just sounds like a different person.

I am blown away by J12's play this year. the guy has done a complete 180. it is remarkable. can't say enough about him

have to admit that I thought he was done after the Sun Bowl melt down

For J12 to overcome his head trips and bad coaching over the last few years is remarkable.

Kudos to the kid. He does indeed sound like a different cat in his interviews.

Advertisement
For J12 to overcome his head trips and bad coaching over the last few years is remarkable.

Kudos to the kid. He does indeed sound like a different cat in his interviews.

It is great to see the progress that J12 has made! If the staff can turn him around... just imagine what they can do with having players for a full four years.

Jacory has definitely shown huge improvement this year and I am really happy for him.

It was really interesting to see Fisch throw so many things at Duke...the Morris wrinkle was totally unexpected and I suspect it could be quite effective. With his footspeed it would be cool to see some more spread and option things sprinkled into the offense.

While at the game, I noticed how much the backups were "into" the game from the sideline. When their turn came, it was nice to see the starters cheering them on, instead of just taking a seat on the bench and calling it a day. This team really seems engaged,which is a far different attitude of the coma inducing clubs of recent years.

I feel good about our chances next week. I think we win by more than some might think. Our offense can hurt them much like Clemson did IMO. Make FSU defend the whole field. Use the TE's and RB's in the passing game early and it will open up for Streeter and Benjamin.

While at the game, I noticed how much the backups were "into" the game from the sideline. When their turn came, it was nice to see the starters cheering them on, instead of just taking a seat on the bench and calling it a day. This team really seems engaged,which is a far different attitude of the coma inducing clubs of recent years.

I feel good about our chances next week. I think we win by more than some might think. Our offense can hurt them much like Clemson did IMO. Make FSU defend the whole field. Use the TE's and RB's in the passing game early and it will open up for Streeter and Benjamin.

Noticed that too. A guy like Cain (who reportedly was having attitude issue), despite playing limited snaps, was out there chest bumping the KO coverage crew when they came off the field.

Great to see Henderson play a full game at RT, will be interesting to see what they do when Feliciano gets healthy.

Advertisement
I have to give props to Jacory. He's been doing what we've been begging him to do for three years. Fisch seems to have almost worked miracles as the QB coach. It was a good win, but I hope our D can come up with some magic because we are going to need it against FSU.

We have to try to get Streeter matched up on that fast midget that likes to run his yap next week. Streeter will eat him for lunch.

Advertisement
We have to try to get Streeter matched up on that fast midget that likes to run his yap next week. Streeter will eat him for lunch.

Streeter will have his moments agaisn Reid. But TB has always played big against the Noles. One of Whipple's better games was against the Noles up there 2 years ago. Kept isolating TB on their LB or safety. They had no answer.

I wonder how much they brought in Morris to eff with FSU so they have to prepare for two guys.

I also wonder if our staff didn't honestly assess our short yardage offense and conclude that as is we were not going to beat FSU DL in those situations. Golden specifically called out our short yardage game after the UVa game. Maybe they felt we needed to add this package to enhance our chances in the FSU game and Duke was a road test for some of the package.

Wasn't a big fan of the Wildcat packages and the times we brought in Morris early. Fisch has the tendency to get too cute at times. I hope we dont see that vs the Noles

Streeter will have his moments agaisn Reid. But TB has always played big against the Noles. One of Whipple's better games was against the Noles up there 2 years ago. Kept isolating TB on their LB or safety. They had no answer.
This. I'd like to see some TB in the slot against the Noles.

Advertisement
Back