Don't understand 90% of you

People are projecting. The ones blaming the fans are the same soft individuals who'd shy away from a school due to people being meanies. But what they don't realize is that the South Florida D1 athlete isn't as female-shouldered as they are and simply wants to go to the program that will put them in the best position to succeed both while in college and beyond. Nobody is going to sacrifice what they view as their best chance at success simply because fans are mean. And anyone who truly believes they would has a few screws loose.

At the end of the day, we've ALWAYS had poor attendance and lacked the fan support that other marquee programs enjoy. That never held us back in the past, because we had other things to sell. We no longer do.

Really?? Are you talking about some of these same So Florida D1 (D1VA) athletes who complain about coaches not paying enough attention to them in their sophomore and junior years? They don't need constant attention and don't care what others think? Please. How many times do you hear about hometown pressure? How many times do you hear about friends/family in their ears. Those are all fans! They read the boards. Some post. They might not base something specifically on fan reaction/opinion, but when it's wrapped together as a package deal with poor on field performance, lack of gameday atmosphere and mediocre coaching, it has an effect.

If it was all about the best position to succeed in college and beyond, Scarlett would have never committed to FAU and Quincy Wilson wouldn't have been so ****ed off at UM and continued to trash UM/coaches/fans on social media.

And evidently you think making blanket statements and negatively stereotyping an entire subset of individuals is somehow less harmful than calling out a coach for crimes against our program that are readily visible to anyone with eyes?

Advertisement
We've had the same access since 2010. Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, all have been around since then. You're just not accepting the fact that he doesn't want to play for a coach who is going to win 8 game at max a season when there are better opportunities out there.

It's not even remotely the same as 2010. Twitter is what nearly ten times larger than it was in 2010, Facebook doubled in size.

If you think a 16-18 year old kid isn't influenced by what he's reading on the internet and social media especially, you're either too old or to naive to understand the way the world is now.

A 16-18 year old kid wouldn't be "influenced" by what he's reading on the internet if there wasn't truth to it.

Very true. And we all know there are several truths to it. However, a savvy recruiter might be able to convince him otherwise if the fanbase wasn't screaming the exact sentiments all over social media and the internet. In that respect, websites and fanbases can have a negative effect on recruiting....even if it is a very small part. Sometimes the negative feedback is warranted, but what is the limit that results in positive conclusion with minimal damage?

Yes, the lack of production on the field and the seemingly disjointed scheme and culture (at least in my opinion) play a much bigger role, but you need to look at thing holistically.

Except Golden isn't a "savvy recruiter," and the "fanbase" isn't the only group pointing out that, you know, Golden has ZERO results. Other coaches are. High school coaches are. Other college players are. And they matter infinitely more than what any message board poster says. He has NOTHING to sell. No matter how hard you try, you can't convince a kid that you didn't just go 6-7. That you haven't produced any first round draft picks at UM. That you haven't won a bowl game. That you haven't played in a big bowl game. That you haven't gotten blown out by middling teams.

Golden has been getting worked over in South Florida for years. Since 2012, he's landed one elite, elite South Florida recruit. That's it. He's lost many more. Matthew Thomas, Dalvin Cook, Jordan Scarlett, Ermon Lane, etc. And it's amplified this year because UM just had their worst season under Golden and players know he's full of **** and that you won't win **** if you come here.

Between this and all of the Franchise's posts, this is pretty much all that needs to be said.

Golden's ship should've sailed well before, but it definitely sailed when he started his Stalinesque lacing of all comments with some paranoid reference to ulterior motives and agendas. Too bad UM's administration and BoT are so unbelievably ******* incompetent that they won't intervene before all the die hard fans are sacrified in a 'Red Purge' of sorts, to extend the comparison. It really is propagandized paranoia at work.

The next pres really has no choice but to blow the whole thing up and start over, excepting Larranaga.

Last edited:
Keep attacking, keep hurting them.

More body blows until they can't take it anymore.

The negativity needs to be kicked up a notch.

Full social media. Fill the airwaves.

Have disruptive campus events.

Get on the news.

Create CONSTANT PR CHAOS!

We need to create an atmosphere of pure poison in the Hecht and administration offices.

Keep ******* attacking and make it worse.

Come on people. Stop going soft. Let's improve our game. Make people absolutely ******* miserable.

Advertisement

Get on the news.

We need to create an atmosphere of pure poison in the Hecht and administration offices.

Keep ****ing attacking and make it worse.

Come on people. Stop going soft. Let's improve our game. Make people absolutely ****ing miserable.

I can't wait for Golden's presser on wednesday.

Get on the news.

Come on people. Stop going soft. Let's improve our game. Make people absolutely ****ing miserable.

The only negative campaign that has any effect on the University is telling kids not to come here. Same coach, same staff, same scheme, same defiant attitude.

Get on the news.

I can't wait for Golden's presser on wednesday.

I've already given you guys the transcript for it in advance, although we may have to remove the Walton part

Keep ordering those midnight pizzas. Nothing more hilarious than whining over how horrible the fanbase is over pizza deliveries as a meme or concept. Philadelphia Eagles fans would be burning daily effigies of Golden in his yard. There's a reason they've had one and done coaches before.

Advertisement
I agree Cukio, we should totally denude ourselves of any self-respect and just become mouthpieces, shills, soulless propagandists. That'll solve the fact that we finished like **** against 4 .500 or worse teams, and finished like **** in recruiting every year we've had Golden.

Reality is SEC/FSU's greatest negative recruitment tool against us. Reality speaks for itseslf, all one needs to do is listen to it. Everyone except hand-waving slurpers is doing that. Kindly leave UM talk to us adults who can handle the truth.

People are projecting. The ones blaming the fans are the same soft individuals who'd shy away from a school due to people being meanies. But what they don't realize is that the South Florida D1 athlete isn't as female-shouldered as they are and simply wants to go to the program that will put them in the best position to succeed both while in college and beyond. Nobody is going to sacrifice what they view as their best chance at success simply because fans are mean. And anyone who truly believes they would has a few screws loose.

At the end of the day, we've ALWAYS had poor attendance and lacked the fan support that other marquee programs enjoy. That never held us back in the past, because we had other things to sell. We no longer do.

Really?? Are you talking about some of these same So Florida D1 (D1VA) athletes who complain about coaches not paying enough attention to them in their sophomore and junior years? They don't need constant attention and don't care what others think? Please. How many times do you hear about hometown pressure? How many times do you hear about friends/family in their ears. Those are all fans! They read the boards. Some post. They might not base something specifically on fan reaction/opinion, but when it's wrapped together as a package deal with poor on field performance, lack of gameday atmosphere and mediocre coaching, it has an effect.

If it was all about the best position to succeed in college and beyond, Scarlett would have never committed to FAU and Quincy Wilson wouldn't have been so ****ed off at UM and continued to trash UM/coaches/fans on social media.

And evidently you think making blanket statements and negatively stereotyping an entire subset of individuals is somehow less harmful than calling out a coach for crimes against our program that are readily visible to anyone with eyes?

And evidently your reading comprehension needs some refinement. As i specifically stated in my response to avoid a blanket statement/stereotype, is the word "some". You made a blanket statement by referring to the "South Florida D1 athlete", making a blanket statement about all. I, however, did not do the same but made a reference to some comments in the past by "some" recruits. I did not specifically name any, nor did i specifically refer to any in that light. If you follow recruiting, you hear enough stories to validate that it has happened on several occasions. My reference to Scarlett and Wilson was strictly to show it's not always about going to "the program that will put them in the best position to succeed both while in college and beyond". Nobody as highly ranked as Scarlett commits to FAU for that reason. And in Wilson's case, you could tell it was more personal than business by his own words.

And evidently your reading comprehension needs some refinement. As i specifically stated in my response to avoid a blanket statement/stereotype, is the word "some". You made a blanket statement by referring to the "South Florida D1 athlete", making a blanket statement about all. I, however, did not do the same but made a reference to some comments in the past by "some" recruits. I did not specifically name any, nor did i specifically refer to any in that light. If you follow recruiting, you hear enough stories to validate that it has happened on several occasions. My reference to Scarlett and Wilson was strictly to show it's not always about going to "the program that will put them in the best position to succeed both while in college and beyond". Nobody as highly ranked as Scarlett commits to FAU for that reason. And in Wilson's case, you could tell it was more personal than business by his own words.

You're right. My mistake.

Advertisement
Jen, I want to see Fonzi sue the university before the labor commission for creating a hostile atmosphere for him to work.

This is going to be an awesome 8 months to the season.

Everyone in that building is going to be made absolutely miserable in their jobs. I'm going to enjoy seeing people suffer.

Keep ordering those midnight pizzas. Nothing more hilarious than whining over how horrible the fanbase is over pizza deliveries as a meme or concept. Philadelphia Eagles fans would be burning daily effigies of Golden in his yard. There's a reason they've had one and done coaches before.

whats the address?

Advertisement
Golden has nothing to sell. Nothing. The only reason he did well in South Florida in 2012 was because he could sell hopes and dreams. He didn't have a known body of work at UM. Plus Duke, Deon, Malcom, ect. are all friends.

When you have 4 years of **** results this is what you have. Staggering the top end talent that has left South Florida. South Florida is so loaded that you can still load up on talent landing the 3 star kids if you coach them up. Charlie Strong says Hi.

You have guys like Fenton, Redwine, Skai Moore ect being ignored until the final hours but they are good enough to get offers from some of the better programs in the country. Denver Kirkland's offer was contingent on Matthew Thomas coming here but we have Sonny as a take over him? How's that working out?

Golden doesn't understand his recruiting landscape and is just cashing checks until they finally fire him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back