2022 Don't see an Omari Abor thread, so let's have one.

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
Borderline 5-star.

Duncanville (Texas) Top247 edge rusher Omari Abor is another high-end talent that announced a commitment during the Under Armour All-America Game broadcast, but hasn't exactly shut the door to other schools. While Abor has made it clear he likes Ohio State, he told 247Sports just hours after he committed to the Buckeyes that there had been plenty of contact with Miami's Mario Cristobal and that he was somewhat open to the idea of meeting with the Hurricanes before National Signing Day. Abor has also had his name linked to Florida as a potential visit destination. Of course, Abor could end up visiting no where and just decide to stick with Ohio State. The Buckeyes, after all, have needs on the defensive line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He flashed a good amount on the1v1 vids during the practice week of the AA game

You never know. This reminds me of the Perkins situation. I could see him flipping if he visits. Miami and Texas Weather wise is way more similar than either to Ohio. I love the work Mario putting in to get these kids to visit. Remember many of these kids will be back in the portal in a few years and will have to re-recruit them

Advertisement
So like most of you, I don't know much about this kid other than he's very highly rated. He's from Texas and committed to Ohio State on 1/2/22. We are in this because of his previous relationship with Mario and Joe Salavae. Two things that make this recruitment interesting: 1) sounds like he's visiting us this weekend.. maybe it's a free trip for steak and lobster but my guess is he's legit interested. 2) OSU has had tons of staff turnover on the defensive side of the ball - they lost their DC and a couple other position coaches and their defensive lien coach has been rumored to be retiring very soon.

If he comes this weekend, shoot your shot and let's see what happens.

Lol, he’d fit just fine.
UGA, Bama, LSU, TAMU etc doesn’t have any issues stacking several top 100 DL talent year after year after year. We wouldn’t either (if he wanted to come).
Yeah, we seem to be the only fans that look at a crazy-talented kid and go "I don't know...how would we even use him?". Everybody else just lands the kid then figures it out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back