Don't Panic Yet

Wtf is a new president going to do? news flash: they are NEW to the school which means, more than likely, they haven't been following UM football b/c they would have no reason to. All this tells me that unless Golden shows himself the door (50/50), he will be here, period.

Advertisement
Why can't the current president fire the current HC? Is that completely unprecedented?

Why would a new president want to come into a situation with all this tension and hate boiling with so many donors pulling out? Seems like a ****** situation to hang on a new president.

mHM3DMk.gif

Why would a new president want to come into a situation with all this tension and hate boiling with so many donors pulling out? Seems like a ****** situation to hang on a new president.

Exactly. It actually makes the job less appealing (even if only slightly so) to potential UM prez candidates because its just another headache they'd need to deal with. They need to get over with this now.

These morons had no intention of firing this clown and figured he'd win one of the last two games. Now it's obvious they don't care and everyone is calling them out. They Are being slammed by the media, fans and former players. They had no plan for what a lot of people saw coming and now are being shown for the imbeciles they are.

Advertisement
Other schools have replaced presidents and fired HCs...see UF for example. This is a fool's argument. Donna does not want to fire the guy she hired and she extended so that it looks like she failed. This is how liberals do things, pass the bill [or dirty job] on to someone else..........

Exactly. It actually makes the job less appealing (even if only slightly so) to potential UM prez candidates because its just another headache they'd need to deal with. They need to get over with this now.
I don't get all this sissy talk about Shalala not being able to fire Folden because of some unwritten president code.

The way I see it is you don't leave bags of trash all over a house when you sell it. You clean that place as spotless as possible.

LMAO

First- New pres won't be around till spring at the earliest. So 2016 class is fvcked with a sharp stick. Meaning whomever takes over after Gorlden is going to have giant holes in the roster making our return to respectability that much more difficult.

Second- Who the **** is going to be available in Spring or Summer to hire? No one. (Sans Butch-which would be fantastic but if it's gonna happen anyway why not let him get a run at the 2016 recruiting class so?) So we are stuck with Gorlden at least another year.

Third- Just what the fvck is Blake James' job description anyway? I mean if he can't fire the corch wtf does he do to earn his $$$$$$$?

Other schools have replaced presidents and fired HCs...see UF for example. This is a fool's argument. Donna does not want to fire the guy she hired and she extended so that it looks like she failed. This is how liberals do things, pass the bill [or dirty job] on to someone else..........

She did the same thing with Shannon.

Donna gets a lot of **** (a lot of it justified), but she got rid of the last two bum-*** coaches she hired when it was time.

Coker
11-2
9-3
9-3
6-6
***FIRED***

Shannon
5-7
7-6
9-4
7-5
***FIRED***

Golden
6-6
7-5
9-4
6-6

Don't fail us now, Donna.

Advertisement
This is the precisely the reason Golden will be around another year. Shalala will not make this decision for the next administration, this may be a good thing long run......

Advertisement
LMAO

First- New pres won't be around till spring at the earliest. So 2016 class is fvcked with a sharp stick. Meaning whomever takes over after Gorlden is going to have giant holes in the roster making our return to respectability that much more difficult.

Second- Who the **** is going to be available in Spring or Summer to hire? No one. (Sans Butch-which would be fantastic but if it's gonna happen anyway why not let him get a run at the 2016 recruiting class so?) So we are stuck with Gorlden at least another year.

Third- Just what the fvck is Blake James' job description anyway? I mean if he can't fire the corch wtf does he do to earn his $$$$$$$?

Do you really want to know? I ask because the answer is very graphic and disgusting

I've only seen 100's of coaches fired and new ones hired in my lifetime. If memory serves me correct they fired the loser and attempted to hire a proven winner. It has always seemed an easy concept to me, but firing Al requires a astro phenomenon anomaly pulsar quasar planetary alignment on the 6th day of the 6th month in an odd year on the Christian calendar from the Old Testament. What the ****! fire his *** and hire Butch or Schiano already!!!!!!!

Advertisement
I've only seen 100's of coaches fired and new ones hired in my lifetime. If memory serves me correct they fired the loser and attempted to hire a proven winner. It has always seemed an easy concept to me, but firing Al requires a astro phenomenon anomaly pulsar quasar planetary alignment on the 6th day of the 6th month in an odd year on the Christian calendar from the Old Testament. What the ****! fire his *** and hire Butch or Schiano already!!!!!!!

Not many coaches have been fired before their fifth year, without some sort of major controversy or a losing season or two.

Golden hasn't had a losing season (although it sure feels like it).

Not many coaches have been fired before their fifth year, without some sort of major controversy or a losing season or two.

What? Couldn't understand you, you're slurring

Bo Pelini just got chit canned with never a losing record and I believe 9 wins or more every year. Because why? He didn't win chit that mattered. That is exactly where our AD needs to be on this stance. The saddest phucking part about it is the ******* that fired Pelini is the same one who extended Golden... What a ****

I dont understand the whole "Wait til the new president is selected" concept. Why only do that for football? Why not put a hold on every single open position at the U til the next university president is selected.

What about all of the existing positions? Wont we be saddling the next president with an existing head of the medical school? Wont we be saddling the next president with an existing basketball, baseball and chick sport coaches??? Then why is it a big deal if the outgoing president backfills the head football coach's spot??

Advertisement
Back