Dont know if anyone saw this but......

Advertisement
JJ is truly the heart and soul of the defense. My worry is who’s going to step it up and fill those HUGE shoes in 2019? Does that become Shaq if he comes back? Pinckney?

Agreed. It seems the defense is somewhat schemed to have the Rover safety play closer to the LOS and fill the lanes with authority. The schematic setup paired with Jaquan's play recognition and general ability come together to result in his success. It really opens my eyes to how Keontra Smith might just be a perfect future Rover safety in this defense. Keontra has some of the best ability to find the ball and close on the ballcarrier I've seen on a HS highlight tape. The number of TFLs he racks up is insane.
Smith is gonna ball in Diaz's defense

football.gif

Advertisement
Feels great to finally have a Safety. Playing up to the standard set by the past greats.

I’ve said it a billion times on the boards over the years but I just can’t get over 4 time first-team All-Dade at Killian. That is so incredibly absurd. The kid has been an absolute superstar since his freshman year in HS.

And he may be an even better leader than he is a football player. What an absolute joy it’s been to watch this kid grow into a man the past 3 and a half years. Wish we had 84 more of him.

Advertisement
Back