Don't forget to email your displeasure to Blake

Back in 92, I called Coach Erickson's office and got his secretary. I was 19 at the time and was about to go see my first Canes game in Blacksburg in a few weeks. She said, I can do you one better, Coach Erickson is in his office and I can put you through. I said okay. Coach got on the phone, I told him who I was and where I was from (SC) and wished him and the team luck in the season and told him I was excited to be going to see my first Canes game live in Blacksburg. He said well if we can get our offense going we will kick their ***. We chuckled and I said goodbye.

Coolest thing ever happened next. After we beat the crap out of Va Tech, my dad got us down on the field. I got my hat signed by Gino Torretta (still have it to this day) and bumped into coach. Told him that I appreciated talking to him and I mentioned SC. He said, Bart, right? Did we kick their *** or what? Then he signed my hat and posed for a pic with me.

Class act and remembered talking with me several weeks before.

I cannot imagine Manny doing this.

Advertisement
Blake's currently in the Hecht giving head to every man, woman, and child trying to save his job. He has no time for emails.

It’s a joke from the Golden days..

I know that’s how you meant it.

Realize that there’s crazy people that post here, and may start doing that stupid shlt or worse.

I know you know this already, I’m far from a Blake fan, but there are people out there that cross boundaries. It’s been known to happen. And I’m not even talking about mild stuff like pizzas, I’m talking about worse things.

The di
He's personally been back and forth with me after the first Dia-bacle of 6-7. It was embarrassing but not really surprised.

He definitely reads some - I'm sure a PA weeds out many but as long as you don't abuse him too directly, you should be able to get through.

I did remind him that he will be out of a job soon.
The displeasure is with his Donna Shalala holdover Beta ***! Any and all people she put in the Athletic department should’ve been gone when she was asked quietly to leave!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back