Don't forget about Jaquan Johnson

GoldensButtcheeks

Thunderdome
I'm hoping this kid takes 3 steps forward this year. I remember watching his HS tape and thinking this was the best defensive playmaker I've seen coming out of HS since Patrick Peterson or Sean Taylor. Richt needs to find a way to keep this kid on the field, he's pure ball hawk. Everyone b****** about size with him, yet Ed Reed was the same height. Lamarcus Joyner and Bob Sanders were 5"8. Golden is gone, no more height excuses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm hoping this kid takes 3 steps forward this year. I remember watching his HS tape and thinking this was the best defensive playmaker I've seen coming out of HS since Patrick Peterson or Sean Taylor. Richt needs to find a way to keep this kid on the field, he's pure ball hawk. Everyone b****** about size with him, yet Ed Reed was the same height. Lamarcus Joyner and Bob Sanders were 5"8. Golden is gone, no more height excuses.

Really, you saw quite a bit of HS defensive footage of Taylor? That must have been hard to come by.

Kid's tape made him look like the Ed Reed of Dade County, with ball skills you can't teach. Can't imagine those instincts are gone, now it's a matter of actually making plays.

Advertisement

Really, you saw quite a bit of HS defensive footage of Taylor? That must have been hard to come by.

I taped over my only copy of HBO's bikini car wash Taylors highlights were so good.

He'll be a factor this year for sure! Head hunter and a ball hawk. Plays with intensity can't wait for the season!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but did he shrink? At minimum, the kid is the first safety off the bench. He's going to play in nickle and dime packages and he's probably going to get some reps at corner. He will play a lot.

Hes not on,that level....if he was faster and explosive he would be that guy....hes smart though and glad he chose us. Kid is tough and knows how to play he should havea good carer here starting this year

Oh and joyner and sanders were fast as **** so the speed couldnt hold them back

Advertisement
Agree this is a guy that doesnt get talked about. Was a Dade HS legend. Need guys like him to start living up to their star ratings and play up for us. Need him to take that next step for us this year. Will be sorely needed.

Nothing against JJ, but it's amazing how often players get compared to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. You do get that those type of guys come along every 10 years and quite possibly go to another school right? If we see another kid at Miami who's legitimately in the conversation with those dudes in the next 10 years I'll be pumped, but he's not on the team right now.

I thought he played outstanding for the most part last year.. and like others have said- he will certainly get a lot of pt this year.

JJ is our first safety that one time played for Killian- since GOAT, so there is that.

Advertisement
JJ has athletic limitations that'll keep him from being elite (similar to Tracy Howard), but he should see some major playing time this year. Hope he takes that step forward.

Nothing against JJ, but it's amazing how often players get compared to Ed Reed and Sean Taylor. You do get that those type of guys come along every 10 years and quite possibly go to another school right? If we see another kid at Miami who's legitimately in the conversation with those dudes in the next 10 years I'll be pumped, but he's not on the team right now.

I agree and understand your point, but even every ten years? Isn't that an incredible understatement? We are so proud of Miami talent, but in the history of the program, those are THE two guys at safety, at least in terms of pure talent. And I say that with IMMENSE respect for Bennie Blades.

When it comes to Ed, you are looking at one of the very best in NFL history. I don't know that I've ever seen as much talent as Taylor brought to the table. Every ten years sells those guys short. And I know you didn't mean that, I just wanted to add to what you stated.

It's about evaluating his talents. Put him in the best position to succeed. That's something Golden was terrible at. I don't think a player ever switched positions under Golden, matter of fact Golden took kids and put them in the worst positions like Chickillo.

Advertisement
Hold the brakes with sean t but he has reed like instincts, from what i hear he was really looking at getting faster this off season

Hold the brakes with sean t but he has reed like instincts, from what i hear he was really looking at getting faster this off season

With all due respect, nobody has Reed-like instincts. Nobody has ever been that good at baiting a QB, and to this day when the Ravens get an INT, the whole team goes hunting for the end zone. And that's all because of Ed.

I see what everyone is saying, and there is no need to bring up the likes of Reed and Taylor, but JJ is going to ball out. This new scheme is made for players with superior instincts like his. He has good game speed and did very well last year in a back up role. His versatility is going to be exploited with Diaz and company. Just watch!

Advertisement
Back