D'Onofrio wants improved scoring defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Advertisement
Why do you guys let band f@ggots come back on here under new names and dyck up the board?

So let me see: a defense ranked in the top 20 is a defense that sucked? That's the kind of person we are dealing with here, someone who refutes the laws of mathematics!

You never told me whose idea it was to practice AGs defense in 2009, so they could be an "experienced" team full of "NFL players". LMFAO.

The defense was not top 20. Scoring defense category was and that was due to facing inept interim coaches and offense like ohio st. That doesn't mean the defnese as a whole was top 20. They have a category called total defense. Miami had the second lowest total defensive ranking in 15 years second only to the historical 2012 group iirc.

Dude it is the same crap every where you go. We all know defense sucked last year. There is a reason the experts/ professionals picked us to finish last in the acc , and to finish with 3-5 wins.

Mods please limit his post count.

Lame. Alot of these same experts predicted Miami would win some games it lost. Why didnt you mention that? Meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Yep, they are going to turn this board into a cess-pool just like they did to the scout site. So much for logical reasonable conversations about Canes football. I have no problem with being critical of things but the constant harping of the defensive performance from last year is getting REALLY old. Everybody gets it...they hate D'onofrio and the defensive scheme. But please don't turn every thread into a ***** session about it. Please monitor this mods, I think this might be one of the reasons that some of the good posters left TOS.

Yep, they are going to turn this board into a cess-pool just like they did to the scout site. So much for logical reasonable conversations about Canes football. I have no problem with being critical of things but the constant harping of the defensive performance from last year is getting REALLY old. Everybody gets it...they hate D'onofrio and the defensive scheme. But please don't turn every thread into a **** session about it. Please monitor this mods, I think this might be one of the reasons that some of the good posters left TOS.

This thread is about the defense. If you don't like it leave.

Advertisement
This isn't the thread that concerns me, this just happens to be the one where you reared your ugly head. My concern is for all of the other threads you are going to ruin. I really hope that the mods can keep your agenda under wraps

Oh and by the way if it is all the same to you I think I will stay. I am not one of the simpletons that you try to bully under your other screen names on the other sites.

MiamiNights is either Uncle Luke or Xavier Shannon. He spends his entire life passive aggressively hating Al Golden bc Al was the man who replaced his hero. It absolutely drives him crazy that his hero completely failed. But it really kills him that Canes fans make fun of his hero, and so he goes out of his way to try to turn the tables.

What he fails to realize is his actions make people who are usually critical and impartial back our HC even more, as his flawed logic and whining makes us dig deeper into the program and the the job our head man has done, effectively making AG even more untouchable.

Go do another interview with Billy Corben about being a talentless grimy ****, and leave football to those with high school educations.

Advertisement
Shannon was confused and over his head and ultimately deserved to be fired. He probably lasted a little longer than he should have. In steps golden who I thought was an upgrade and this was further backed up by some of the off season talk he perpetuated in interviews and such. I even thought this new dc would have this defense rockin and Rollin. Turns out I was wrong and golden has proven that he is no better tHan Shannon and in some ways worse. He hasn't accomplished anything on the field to suggest he's the coach Miami needs to return it to its lory days.

In the end everyone here is a miami fan and wants miami to win. Something that hasn't been done as of yet by the current regime.

There seems to be the same type of confusion demonstrated but the previous regime. Golden even wanted to and did retain several coaches from a failed regime....one of the reasons n used by some as to why Shannon shouldn't have never gotten the position.

Nonetheless everything will workout and golden will weed himself out if he isn't the right man for the job which it looks to be that way. Nice talker just pathetic results.

LMFAO @ NIghts trying to come here under a new name to make it appear as though someone else holds his same meaningless opinions.

Shannon was confused and over his head and ultimately deserved to be fired. He probably lasted a little longer than he should have. In steps golden who I thought was an upgrade and this was further backed up by some of the off season talk he perpetuated in interviews and such. I even thought this new dc would have this defense rockin and Rollin. Turns out I was wrong and golden has proven that he is no better tHan Shannon and in some ways worse. He hasn't accomplished anything on the field to suggest he's the coach Miami needs to return it to its lory days.

In the end everyone here is a miami fan and wants miami to win. Something that hasn't been done as of yet by the current regime.

There seems to be the same type of confusion demonstrated but the previous regime. Golden even wanted to and did retain several coaches from a failed regime....one of the reasons n used by some as to why Shannon shouldn't have never gotten the position.

Nonetheless everything will workout and golden will weed himself out if he isn't the right man for the job which it looks to be that way. Nice talker just pathetic results.

Ok...I will bite on this one. In which ways are Golden "worse" than Shannon? I am sure that I will regret asking this question, but I am in the mood for comedy this morning.

This is all part of the "mentality of Nights".......he can't openly admit that he was an ardent Shannon fan, bc it would make him seem less "objective". When in fact, he is a gigantic Randy supporter, who refuses to accept that Shannon poured gasoline on the Coker fire.

Bc he refuses to believe that Randy was so absolute miserable, his pride will not allow him to accept that this was a multi year rebuild, and that a good coach would not have been able to win immediately. He truly believes Randy left the program in a state that would allow a good coach to come in and immediately dominant.

If Nights accepts to himself that the reason Golden hasn't won big yet is bc this was a multi year rebuild, it means he has to accept to himself that Randy was a disaster, which he cannot bring himself to do.

Advertisement
For those with short memories, this is the defense that Golden/D'onofrio took over minus guys like McCarthy, Bailey, Harris.. To get that rag tag 2011 defense to be a top 20 scoring defense was a remarkable accomplishment.

2010 FSU romps over Miami 45-17 :ohlord:

[video=youtube;xgTtGHXicnY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgTtGHXicnY[/video]

Last edited:

Ok...I will bite on this one. In which ways are Golden "worse" than Shannon? I am sure that I will regret asking this question, but I am in the mood for comedy this morning.

Golden produced the worse defense in canes history
Failed to have Miami ranked at any point in year 2
Failed to beat a double digit winning team or a team that finished the season ranked

Of course he did.....he was in the second year of a complete rebuild coming of the worst regime we have ever had here, and one of worst HCs at a major program in history.

But you cannot bring yourself to accept the truth about how horrendous the program was, and as such expected BCS bowls in year 1 and 2.

Advertisement
This is all part of the "mentality of Nights".......he can't openly admit that he was an ardent Shannon fan, bc it would make him seem less "objective". When in fact, he is a gigantic Randy supporter, who refuses to accept that Shannon poured gasoline on the Coker fire.

Bc he refuses to believe that Randy was so absolute miserable, his pride will not allow him to accept that this was a multi year rebuild, and that a good coach would not have been able to win immediately. He truly believes Randy left the program in a state that would allow a good coach to come in and immediately dominant.

If Nights accepts to himself that the reason Golden hasn't won big yet is bc this was a multi year rebuild, it means he has to accept to himself that Randy was a disaster, which he cannot bring himself to do.

Multiple year rebuilds don't involved inheriting players that make nfl teams, no scholly reductions etc. shannon sucked as a hc but he left some good players and his influence isn't that long. **** he has former players starting in the nfl some of which started games as rookies. No excuse to losing to talentless teams like Maryland and bc when our teams fields several players who have ability to make final 53 man nfl rosters.

Phil Steele, who is non biased IMO, said golden walked into a good situation and predicted 10+ wins. How the **** would Nuetral observers predict 10 wins when your suppose to rebuilding? Plz. Of course this was before suspensions but the point remains that you don't predict 10 wins for teams that are rebuilding.

In 2011 Miami brought back 2 qb's with starting experience, experienced rd's and o-line. Several defenders with nfl ability and experience. Naturally there were wholes when you lose 3 guys to graduation nfl but golden has to address that as the coach just like other coaches did when they took over programs.

We already know golden isn't elite but **** it looks like now that he isn't even good.

Of course he did.....he was in the second year of a complete rebuild coming of the worst regime we have ever had here, and one of worst HCs at a major program in history.

But you cannot bring yourself to accept the truth about how horrendous the program was, and as such expected BCS bowls in year 1 and 2.

Wo said anything about bc's bowls? I just don't expect loses from 4-8, 2-10 etc teams, better showings vs top 10 teams and ot getting out coached 4-5 times a year if not more.

You claim Shannon was the worst ever but agin. He never fielded a defnese worse that what was seen in 2012, he had Miami ranked at some point in year 2 and even beat a double digit winning team and a team that finished the season ranked. All this while playing frosh on offense who accounts for 90% of the offense. ( 2 frosh qb's). Those are all facts buddy, not exaggerated false opinions like your post.

Wonder how bad it would have been last year if golden didnt have Morris last year?

LOLOL classic. Again, Golden inherited a team that was such a disgrace that 50% of the team didn't pass their conditioning test. You then talk about NFL players. None of those dudes are playing in the NFL. They all blow, badly. And behind them there was even lesser talent left over. I have never seen a worse regime in any sport at any time than that of Radio Randy.

That's your problem. You refuse to accept that Randy was so bad. That's your delusion. Get over it, and embrace a rebuild of epic proportions.

And now he is the linebacker coach at Arkansas - not a lot of schools knocking down the door for RS as a head coach. Arkansas picked him up from TCU, he's a good LB coach period. Peter Principal in action. You get promoted till you're unqualified. What might have worked but would never have happened - would have been for Randy to stay on as the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back