D'onofrio has now officially reached corch status....

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
A few years ago our Corch Shannon made some All Time Corch quotes

anybody remember the "We must tackle High" quote and the "I always wanted a big man returning kicks"

Now Corch Onofrio has reached all time Corch of Fame status with this humdinger

So at the end of the day I think yards allowed is a statistic that is relevant, but I'm more concerned with the points.

this is in addition to his quote when he first got here "Its not about X's and O's It's about Jimmys & Joe's"

Classic bend but dont break mentality..we will never be aggressive with this corch...we will continue to play a soft zonedefense that allows yardage and hopes to hold them to field goals..lets give up continued 3rd down conversions as long as we keep them to a field goal.. *** my life

I'm done... I'm just gonna watch to see my boy Duke play, *** this guy

Last edited:
Advertisement
A few years ago our Corch Shannon made some All Time Corch quotes

anybody remember the "We must tackle High" quote and the "I always wanted a big man returning kicks"

Now Corch Onofrio has reached all time Corch of Fame status with this humdinger

So at the end of the day I think yards allowed is a statistic that is relevant, but I'm more concerned with the points.

Classic bend but dont break mentality..we will never be aggressive with this corch...we will continue to play a soft zonedefense that allows yardage and hopes to hold them to field goals..lets give up continued 3rd down conversions as long as we keep them to a field goal.. *** my life

I'm done... I'm just gonna watch to see my boy Duke play, *** this guy

Well guess what, we gave up a **** ton of points to, so we're screwed.

2 games into 2nd season and I'm already tired of hearing this guy.Sad thing is nomatter how weak a coach he is he's job is safe as long as Golden is here.

What else is he going to say? Realistically he can't stop teams from moving the ball with this defense. His only hope is to win one third down per drive (most drives) and be good in the red zone to try to hold teams around 20-24 or so. That is how he has set his defense up as well. Saying he expects to dominate only sets him and the team up to look like losers. It's not going to happen. I guess in a few more months we'll reach quote parsing territory with Golden and his crew just like we did with Coker then Shannon.

Wins are not given to the team with the most yards.. so the points are what matter... i don't like that soft shizz though.. we're going to get blown up anyways.. the least we could do is try to force the issue and force some errors.

Advertisement
Points allowed is the only stat that matters. I dont give a **** if we give up 500 yards every game if we hold them to 15-20 points per game and give our offense a comparable number of plays. The problem is 40ppg, not 500 yards per game.

and u thought randy had a bend but dont break scheme....good lord coach d is fundamentally soft and not aggressive....and the thing is our recruiting hotbed is loaded with defensive players that our aggressive and play downhill from their pee wee days.

i thought last year he just had a bit of fear..but quite frankly..."thats he and golden's scheme".....the offense forever dictates to them....its like child play with our d...no pre snap movement in the front 7...lot of spacing.....and horrible zones...backed up by lineman that dont get off the ball...and play gaps more so than get upfield.

i'm hoping and praying we get an effort from Franklin like we had a few years back when our dline coach..just said " f*ck it imma do my own thing with my guys" and we saw results.

I want aggression out of my defense, not this bend but don't break bull ****. The kids no when you are coaching scared and they're playing that way.

What else is he going to say? Realistically he can't stop teams from moving the ball with this defense. His only hope is to win one third down per drive (most drives) and be good in the red zone to try to hold teams around 20-24 or so. That is how he has set his defense up as well. Saying he expects to dominate only sets him and the team up to look like losers. It's not going to happen. I guess in a few more months we'll reach quote parsing territory with Golden and his crew just like we did with Coker then Shannon.

Pennmed Cmon..thats the mentality you want your D coordinator to have? Really brah?

Advertisement
Points allowed is the only stat that matters. I dont give a **** if we give up 500 yards every game if we hold them to 15-20 points per game and give our offense a comparable number of plays. The problem is 40ppg, not 500 yards per game.

Hey Hawaii..how many possessions is our offense gonna have giving up 500 yards a game...are you serious dude? Do you realize last year are offense was 103rd in the NCAA in plays ran? You wanna know why? Because are ***king defense was always on the field!!!! How else do you explain finishing 17th in scoring defense with a ***king 6-6 record!! You really think our offense was that bad!!! Cmon Hawaii!!!!!! We need 3 and outs god damm it not 10 and a field goal!!!!

Pennmed Cmon..thats the mentality you want your D coordinator to have? Really brah?

You're quote parsing. That's message board *****. No defensive coordinator ever wants to give up anything. In a perfect world he'd give up 0 everything. But if you ask him some dumb ***** like "Hey you guys are giving up like a million yards a game, what do you think about that," you get something like he said. And he knows that his defense at least for this year is set up with the goal of winning some critical downs and the red zone and thus minimizing points. Regardless of what people think of D'Onofrio even the most ardent hater would admit that we don't have the personnel to deny people yards.

I think if we're kicking out 500 plus yards a game defensively, the chances of holding teams to 15-20 points per is pretty slim.

I want aggression out of my defense, not this bend but don't break bull ****. The kids no when you are coaching scared and they're playing that way.

+100000000

If I'm going to go down, at least let me go down throwing everything, including the kitchen sink at my opponent.

Advertisement

Hey Hawaii..how many possessions is our offense gonna have giving up 500 yards a game...are you serious dude? Do you realize last year are offense was 103rd in the NCAA in plays ran? You wanna know why? Because are ***king defense was always on the field!!!! How else do you explain finishing 17th in scoring defense with a ***king 6-6 record!! You really think our offense was that ba! Cmon Hawaii!!!!!! We need 3 and outs god damm it not 10 and a field goal!!!!
SMH...have we seen a three and out this year?

I'm both shocked and depressed that he said that. We will probably never have a feared defense again with a coach like this. I really hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement

You're quote parsing. That's message board *****. No defensive coordinator ever wants to give up anything. In a perfect world he'd give up 0 everything. But if you ask him some dumb ***** like "Hey you guys are giving up like a million yards a game, what do you think about that," you get something like he said. And he knows that his defense at least for this year is set up with the goal of winning some critical downs and the red zone and thus minimizing points. Regardless of what people think of D'Onofrio even the most ardent hater would admit that we don't have the personnel to deny people yards.

Mehh i think we have the personnel to be an average defense nobody on this board is saying we need to be 2001 status, but dam we have like the 100th ranked defense right now and weve played 2 very subpar offenses. thats a bad omen man..our talent is better than that you must admit right? And your wrong about Onofrio..some guys go on dates kiss a bytch goodnight on the porch and go home ... some guys try to hit on the first night even though they know chances are slim...but knowing theres a chance.. Like canesfan1899 put it you coach scared dudes play scared and thats exactly what im seeing

Mehh i think we have the personnel to be an average defense nobody on this board is saying we need to be 2001 status, but dam we have like the 100th ranked defense right now and weve played 2 very subpar offenses. thats a bad omen man..our talent is better than that you must admit right? And your wrong about Onofrio..some guys go on dates kiss a bytch goodnight on the porch and go home ... some guys try to hit on the first night even though they know chances are slim...but knowing theres a chance.. Like canesfan1899 put it you coach scared dudes play scared and thats exactly what im seeing[/QUOTE]

im trying to figure out why is he even scared..................

Everyone knows we are "rebuilding" add to it he has a hall pass with the head coach being his BFF................why dont you go Balls to the wall...mix in some stuff but be aggresive...force the offenses hand...He must doesnt know so.fla very well..fans are already turning on him...dude looks like he is completely laying down on defense and that isnt a miami mentality....not even CORCH Randy was this bad...he'd dial up his olb walk up on the line blitz...or run stunts with the dlineman every now and then....dude is giving up 5-10 yds for no apparent reason....aint the MAC buddy...fsu and other teams will embarass his ***..and thats with their Corch of an HC

Mehh i think we have the personnel to be an average defense nobody on this board is saying we need to be 2001 status, but dam we have like the 100th ranked defense right now and weve played 2 very subpar offenses. thats a bad omen man..our talent is better than that you must admit right? And your wrong about Onofrio..some guys go on dates kiss a bytch goodnight on the porch and go home ... some guys try to hit on the first night even though they know chances are slim...but knowing theres a chance.. Like canesfan1899 put it you coach scared dudes play scared and thats exactly what im seeing

If you think K-State has a subpar offense then you need to lay off the crack.

So at the end of the day I think yards allowed is a statistic that is relevant, but I'm more concerned with the points

Sounds like my boy Corch D'OHNOfrio is a regular in the Joe Green thread, fire'n up that rocketship.

Ol Corch got no time for the ladies room or the kid's table.

Advertisement
Back