D'Onfrio's Nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like things turned out fine besides his grandfather passing on. Whether or not he could've gone to TCU for football, it doesn't matter. He's in law school and like most high school stars, will be going pro in something else.

Advertisement
When North Bergen (NJ) High School linebacker Vin Ascolese's sent his senior film out, it caught the attention of many big time programs across the country.

Ascolese sent his film out and received offers from Illinois, Michigan State, and Cincinnati. He also started receiving interest from Miami, LSU, Florida, and USC.

"My senior season has been out of control," Ascolese said. "I have really stepped my game up and done what I have had to do on the field to help my team win. Right now I have 125 tackles, 55 tackles for loss, 10 sacks, seven forced fumbles, and two interceptions. I am just blowing people up, playing hard, and playing my balls off."

"Miami is definitely a school I am interested in," Ascolese said. "I like their swagger and how they play football down there. I also like the South Beach situation they have down there and how the weather is beautiful."

Some mid-season clips from his senior year:

1658242090695.png

Man what a sad story! I remember that kid.

Not sure I'd call the story sad - kid's career ended by his own choice and he wanted to attend to a dying family member. He left football and wants to pursue a career in law. Good for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back