Donell Harris...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excerpt from his performance yesterday at the UA camp.

1. DE Darnell Harris - Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington

As mentioned this was a close call simply because we didn't see Harris get as many chances to dominate but he made the most of every rep he took both in one-on-ones and combination pass-rush drills. After early win with pure first-step and bend off of the edge, blockers overcompensated against him and he worked some strong power moves underneath as a counter to perfection. The long and lean sophomore is simply quicker than everyone else in the trench group but he proved strong enough to deal with many who outweigh him by a wide margin as well. The Miami Hurricane commitment looked like a potential top prospect in the Sunshine State for the 2021 cycle on Sunday.

I've coached (or against) numerous 2021 kids at some point whether in youth or flag. IMO, the class is next level, but I am very biased.

IMO, the kids in that class could turn us into a legit national title contender very quickly.

Throw Corey Collier on that list of top guys.

Jacorey Brooks is the next great SoFla WR. He'd be my #1 player in the area, with Harris #2.

I've coached (or against) numerous 2021 kids at some point whether in youth or flag. IMO, the class is next level, but I am very biased.

IMO, the kids in that class could turn us into a legit national title contender very quickly.

Throw Corey Collier on that list of top guys.

Jacorey Brooks is the next great SoFla WR. He'd be my #1 player in the area, with Harris #2.
Just give me 1 of Corey Collier or Jason Marshall please Rumph!! Win one big boii recruiting battle please!

Advertisement
will be the #1 player in the nation regardless of position for the 21' class. Idk but we have to find a way to keep him in the fold. I know he's 2 years away from signing but we will have to recruit him now like he's signing tomorrow. The kid is that special.

What does yesterday's Canesport article say about him (article titled "Top Programs pushing for Cane commit")?

Last edited:
will be the #1 player in the nation regardless of position for the 21' class. Idk but we have to find a way to keep him in the fold. I know he's 2 years away from signing but we will have to recruit him now like he's signing tomorrow. The kid is that special.

Agree. I don't know about "will be" because those sites don't know dogcrap but he's a generational prospect imo.

He weighed in at 210 btw. Good chance he comes in at 230-240 if he’s entering his junior year at 210.

Advertisement
Any time a kid commits two years or so in advance rarely works out. Not just for us but for anyone. It’s more difficult to keep these kids for that long than it is to flip them in December.

Any time a kid commits two years or so in advance rarely works out. Not just for us but for anyone. It’s more difficult to keep these kids for that long than it is to flip them in December.

I look at it as 3 outcomes when taking a commitment 2 years in advance:

1. Player wants to look around/wants more attention/using us as a placeholder. Decommit.

2. Player doesn’t develop as expected and we drop resulting in a decommit.

3. Player develops as expected and stays true to his first choice. Stays committed.

Outcome 3 is the least likely IMO. But Harris will be a 5⭐️ player and seems to be a vocal leader so far so I think there’s a good chance he stays long term.

ISSA BEAST

Advertisement
Not sure about #1 player, but he should definitely be a 5 star the way things look right now

Doesn’t hurt that DJax is now the Dlineman coach over at BTW

Speaking of DJax, I saw this the other day on twitter and thought it deserved a shoutout. Extremely impressive, he’s gonna do great things in life.

Excerpt from his performance yesterday at the UA camp.

1. DE Darnell Harris - Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington

As mentioned this was a close call simply because we didn't see Harris get as many chances to dominate but he made the most of every rep he took both in one-on-ones and combination pass-rush drills. After early win with pure first-step and bend off of the edge, blockers overcompensated against him and he worked some strong power moves underneath as a counter to perfection. The long and lean sophomore is simply quicker than everyone else in the trench group but he proved strong enough to deal with many who outweigh him by a wide margin as well. The Miami Hurricane commitment looked like a potential top prospect in the Sunshine State for the 2021 cycle on Sunday.
Negged for taggin Darnell Harris who tf is he?

Advertisement
Back