Donell Harris (New Thread)

Another thing, who is playing College football? The son or the Father? What day so does the father even have? His son will be over 18 if he isnt already when he signs his NLOI. His pops doesnt have to sign it. Pops sounded like he enjoys recruiting more than his son and that is funny considering Donnell has spent more time on recruiting visits than preparing himself for college. At the 5* Challenge it is clear as day he has spent no time in the Weight room. The kid has been 6'6 205 since he committed. That would make me question his work ethic.

hes a basketball player. Doesnt hold weight that much.

He is the goods....i watched him work guys we had offered and committed with rather ease. He did one guy so bad....i honestly didnt care that the kid flipped from us to UF. Tarquin...he ate his lunch at paradise last year. And i watched him in the spring game a month ago..he is solid...needs work in the weightroom...but as far as moves and things he has that.

He may fit as an 3-4 OLB.....Honestly i think Romello Height ate his spot anyway if he is staying 2020. If he is 2021 we should stay on him...

Advertisement
He said that about Bama too, and then stated this week they are at the top. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than being another of his 14,000 excuses
Yes in hindsight I see that now, but I hope the coaches not making that
Another thing, who is playing College football? The son or the Father? What day so does the father even have? His son will be over 18 if he isnt already when he signs his NLOI. His pops doesnt have to sign it. Pops sounded like he enjoys recruiting more than his son and that is funny considering Donnell has spent more time on recruiting visits than preparing himself for college. At the 5* Challenge it is clear as day he has spent no time in the Weight room. The kid has been 6'6 205 since he committed. That would make me question his work ethic.
i agree, but hopefully I’ll be blessed with my first child in a few weeks. I remember my friends parents being involved in their recruiting process. Mine wasn’t as involved as much. I always told myself if I ever get the chance to have a son being recruited I will be involved. It’s his decision tho. I’ll tell you this you’re talking 18 year olds. That has never really experienced life or been in the world. They need parents to help guide them. When I was in college I hosted a guy on a recruiting trip. He was one of the top players in Georgia history. He literally wanted to commit to us because of a girl he met on the weekend. The girl father worked at the university. When he found out she was sent to a different school he basically eliminated us. There’s no doubt in my mind he would have committed to us if she was still attending our university. That kid went to Georgia and was drafted in the 1st round. Had a great NFL career. We kept in touch over the years. Some of these kids not capable of making such a big decision alone. Miami is a blessing and a curse. The kids hear stories and want to visit. They visit and fall in love. Half these kids want a free trip just because and you can’t tell the true interest level accurately.

You cannot make this stuff up
C99EF17D-AB8C-464A-AFAF-B01118718109.png

Yes in hindsight I see that now, but I hope the coaches not making that

i agree, but hopefully I’ll be blessed with my first child in a few weeks. I remember my friends parents being involved in their recruiting process. Mine wasn’t as involved as much. I always told myself if I ever get the chance to have a son being recruited I will be involved. It’s his decision tho. I’ll tell you this you’re talking 18 year olds. That has never really experienced life or been in the world. They need parents to help guide them. When I was in college I hosted a guy on a recruiting trip. He was one of the top players in Georgia history. He literally wanted to commit to us because of a girl he met on the weekend. The girl father worked at the university. When he found out she was sent to a different school he basically eliminated us. There’s no doubt in my mind he would have committed to us if she was still attending our university. That kid went to Georgia and was drafted in the 1st round. Had a great NFL career. We kept in touch over the years. Some of these kids not capable of making such a big decision alone. Miami is a blessing and a curse. The kids hear stories and want to visit. They visit and fall in love. Half these kids want a free trip just because and you can’t tell the true interest level accurately.

Congrats on your first child coming. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and will make a good Dad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow, I'm on the side of this kid is and will be a beast and some of the fans that say he's not elite now need to get over what his dad said and him decommitting from us. We all should know the deal and expect the bs by now. I don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about it because if he signs with as everyone will be calling him elite again.

But how he's handling his recruitment is a joke. I'd love for us to get him some how but I wish we were at a Bama or Clemson level where we could turn him away simply because he let all the hype get to his head. I'm tired of hearing about him. I hope someone in his camp is being real with the kid from this point on.

His biggest problem is getting emotional because our fans turned on him. He should have known that was coming. The same **** happens every year. I don't get why both the fans and the kids take things so personal. These are kids making the biggest decision of their life and because the media and fans made recruiting what it is today these kids treat this process like the NFL free agency.

This kid is releasing new lists every few days... attention seeking clout chaser if I have ever seen one.

I haven’t really kept up with this kid but at one time he was all about Miami and that’s all he talked about when he did tweet right? What a 180 in the last 3 months. Who has taken over his recruitment and twitter account? I don’t think I have seen a recruit change so much in a short period of time. This kid is all over the place. Does he have multiple handlers driving this recruitment? Would love to hear from DJack on what is happening behind the scenes all of the sudden, but I know professionally he won’t speak on it and I respect that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back