Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
I can appreciate the fact that they came out and cut us loose. None of that stringing along BS we see from some other local recruits.

I told y’all weeks ago $200k is hard to pass up. Don’t blame the kid at all. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t take that kind of money to go to play ball in college. Looks like it’s going to come down to Georgia and Texas A&M.

Nobody cares about him taking the money. what we do care about is his father pushing a narrative that UM doesn't talk to parents and UM is taking the wrong kids. His father may be a great dad but he shouldn't portray himself to be bill polian.

This kid's recruitment has been an absolute joke. When he dropped his new Top 5 the twitter mentions talking about bags are insane. Crazy that this stuff doesn't get picked up by national media outlets

I can appreciate the fact that they came out and cut us loose. None of that stringing along BS we see from some other local recruits.

I told y’all weeks ago $200k is hard to pass up. Don’t blame the kid at all. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t take that kind of money to go to play ball in college. Looks like it’s going to come down to Georgia and Texas A&M.
I wouldn't rule out Auburn. They added seat warmers to Malzahn's chair and he may do anything to save his job. Also, the fact that kid is a 5 star may intrigue the Gaytes to bump up their class ranking.

Advertisement
It's funny how this kid all of a sudden sucks because he decommitted from Miami. This kid although I don't like how his recruitment is going he'll be fine wherever he goes. I still believe he'll end up at Miami due to the fact everyone else seems to be full. He's an undersized kid yes, but still a dog nonetheless. South Florida Football isn't about size and never will be. The right program will put weight on him, and if he learns more moves watch out. Dad and Son will have to eat humble pie soon and come back home. It's only July a lot can happen and staff knows this. He's a redshirt wherever he goes, so no one is expecting him to contribute right now anyway. My pick is he'll end up at Miami. No I'm not an insider.

It's funny how this kid all of a sudden sucks because he decommitted from Miami. This kid although I don't like how his recruitment is going he'll be fine wherever he goes. I still believe he'll end up at Miami due to the fact everyone else seems to be full. He's an undersized kid yes, but still a dog nonetheless. South Florida Football isn't about size and never will be. The right program will put weight on him, and if he learns more moves watch out. Dad and Son will have to eat humble pie soon and come back home. It's only July a lot can happen and staff knows this. He's a redshirt wherever he goes, so no one is expecting him to contribute right now anyway. My pick is he'll end up at Miami. No I'm not an insider.
That's not the reason he is also just as old as chantz, Quentin, and Height and all of them are stronger, bigger, and just as athletic or more. He is small and it's not like he has good technique either. I always thought he was younger than these guys, but he is not.

That's not the reason he is also just as old as chantz, Quentin, and Height and all of them are stronger, bigger, and just as athletic or more. He is small and it's not like he has good technique either. I always thought he was younger than these guys, but he is not.

How old is the kid?

Kid is the #4 prospect overall. How does that project in terms of draft round over the last few years? 200k is toilet paper to him in 3-4 years. Kid plays in this system and he eats.

Advertisement
What did he say wrong? The man said that the coaches didn’t even talk to him. The coaches need to show respect and talk to the parents. If I was a parent I wouldn’t take them serious either, if they aren’t talking to me as a parent. So basically the Father don’t have a say so?? Y’all done went nuts
He said that about Bama too, and then stated this week they are at the top. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than being another of his 14,000 excuses

From the Clemson board - their mod is very plugged in. always has good info

— Edge player Donell Harris of Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington released a top five on Sunday of Clemson, Georgia, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Alabama.
The former Miami commitment backed off his pledge to the Hurricanes on June 13 following visits elsewhere including Georgia.
Harris has yet to visit Clemson. And he has yet to formally reclassify up to the 2020 class, which he announced he'd be doing in the same note as his de-commitment.

I reported at the time of his de-commitment that it wasn't yet a sure-fire guarantee that he would 'class up. So that's something to keep an eye on.
What's interesting is despite Harris' stature as an elite prospect (No. 4 overall in 2021 per 247Sports), spots are filling up quickly in the 2020 class, and this includes at Clemson, Georgia, and Texas A&M.
Brent Venables and Clemson offered Harris after the defensive coordinator paid him a visit this spring.
We'll see as the cycle progresses how Harris' graduation year affects Clemson's involvement.

Interesting also that the most recent post on the UGA board about his Top 5 also says he is "thinking about reclassifying" to 2020. Is it possible he's already preparing to stay in 2021 if he has to...... (and didn't get the re$pon$e he was looking for????)
Clemson's Defensive line class is going to be pretty full, they're getting the #1 ranked DE in the country in Jordan Burch & already have the #2 ranked DE in Myles Murphy, plus they got Bryan Bresee & 2 other 4/5-star DT's committed.

Same with Bama & UGA, they're all already stacked at DE, unless Harris plans on playing as a 3-4 OLB or a stand up LB, he's gonna end up at place TAMU, Auburn, UF or Tenn.

In the 2020 class he's not a take as a DE for Bama, Clemson, or UGA, one of those schools may take him just to keep the South Fla pipeline open, but he's below just about every prospect they already have committed at DE.

Regardless of where he goes, he's not starting as a TF, 100% redshirt candidate especially if he wants to be a SEC DE.

He and his dad lied to the Miami coaches and other coaches about him reclassifying. And that interview where he lied about not really speaking to the coaches didnt help his son at all. Plus most of the schools on his Top 5 either are full or have people above them or in Alabama case didnt even know he was considering them(They also didnt know he was reclassifying).

Also add to the fact we are done at DE with Bigger and just as talented and athletic kids than Harris.

Like DJ Khaled said "Congratulations, you played yourself".

What did he say wrong? The man said that the coaches didn’t even talk to him. The coaches need to show respect and talk to the parents. If I was a parent I wouldn’t take them serious either, if they aren’t talking to me as a parent. So basically the Father don’t have a say so?? Y’all done went nuts

You do understand up until recently he was only a 2021 recruit meaning Communication was limited and the coaches couldn't even make phone calls to the prospect until Sept. 1st. No school was speaking to the parents like that. Also he has been on campus 8 times since January. Did his parents not take him to campus. Also the dad lives in freaking Miami, if you as a Parent want to speak with the coaches that **** bad, either get in your car and drive or pick up the **** phone and call.

Advertisement
Clemson's Defensive line class is going to be pretty full, they're getting the #1 ranked DE in the country in Jordan Burch & already have the #2 ranked DE in Myles Murphy, plus they got Bryan Bresee & 2 other 4/5-star DT's committed.

Same with Bama & UGA, they're all already stacked at DE, unless Harris plans on playing as a 3-4 OLB or a stand up LB, he's gonna end up at place TAMU, Auburn, UF or Tenn.

In the 2020 class he's not a take as a DE for Bama, Clemson, or UGA, one of those schools may take him just to keep the South Fla pipeline open, but he's below just about every prospect they already have committed at DE.

Regardless of where he goes, he's not starting as a TF, 100% redshirt candidate especially if he wants to be a SEC DE.

I have to go and see if I can find the reference to OLB Someone has told him that's what they'd do with him. I can't remember off hand where I saw that.

No matter what, all of this would seem to say they most likely aren't "reaping the rewards" they thought they would. Not saying he won't get some kind of incentives - hard to believe it would be at the level he'd get if he stayed in 2021.. Bama is taking a full class- 25 to 27 according to their boards. Looks like they may ease out another kid or two, also. They could shirt him for next year's class like they were going to do with Bogle. UGA too. They are looking at taking only 22 this cycle. Less room but they also dole out all kinds of shirts...

Time to let him go and actually stop calling him. Then drop a note to the media guys telling them we are not recruiting him anymore. It’s time to stop using our resources and time on him. It’s the smartest thing we can do. I hope our coaches make this happen.
I like it..
He and his dad lied to the Miami coaches and other coaches about him reclassifying. And that interview where he lied about not really speaking to the coaches didnt help his son at all. Plus most of the schools on his Top 5 either are full or have people above them or in Alabama case didnt even know he was considering them(They also didnt know he was reclassifying).

Also add to the fact we are done at DE with Bigger and just as talented and athletic kids than Harris.

Like DJ Khaled said "Congratulations, you played yourself".
Miami shouldn't even speak to him. Recruit btw or whatever school he reappears at and ignore him and his pops. Both parties will survive

Another thing, who is playing College football? The son or the Father? What day so does the father even have? His son will be over 18 if he isnt already when he signs his NLOI. His pops doesnt have to sign it. Pops sounded like he enjoys recruiting more than his son and that is funny considering Donnell has spent more time on recruiting visits than preparing himself for college. At the 5* Challenge it is clear as day he has spent no time in the Weight room. The kid has been 6'6 205 since he committed. That would make me question his work ethic.

Advertisement
Kid is the #4 prospect overall. How does that project in terms of draft round over the last few years? 200k is toilet paper to him in 3-4 years. Kid plays in this system and he eats.

They are saying he isnt even Top 100 in the 2020 class and that was before his poor showing at the 5* challenge

Actually he is older than all 3 according to Ivins with Chantz just turning 17.

Nobody cares about him taking the money. what we do care about is his father pushing a narrative that UM doesn't talk to parents and UM is taking the wrong kids. His father may be a great dad but he shouldn't portray himself to be bill polian.

Don't know the reason for him saying these things, but if it is true that coaches hadn't spoken to him or his wife prior to Paradise Camp then it definitely needs to be addressed. Whether parents are involved or will have a say in their kid's recruitment is besides the point. Coaches, if for no other reason at all, as a courtesy should at the very least have some dialogue or contact with the parents, especially if they're serious about getting that kid to commit.

As far as UM taking the wrong kids is concerned, I think other recruits and parents should leave that to the coaches. They're the experts. They're the ones getting paid to do the job and it's their *** if they're not bringing in the right kids. I don't see coaches telling parents how to do their job, so parents shouldn't be telling coaches how to do theirs.

GO CANES!!!

Don't know the reason for him saying these things, but if it is true that coaches hadn't spoken to him or his wife prior to Paradise Camp then it definitely needs to be addressed. Whether parents are involved or will have a say in their kid's recruitment is besides the point. Coaches, if for no other reason at all, as a courtesy should at the very least have some dialogue or contact with the parents, especially if they're serious about getting that kid to commit.

As far as UM taking the wrong kids is concerned, I think other recruits and parents should leave that to the coaches. They're the experts. They're the ones getting paid to do the job and it's their *** if they're not bringing in the right kids. I don't see coaches telling parents how to do their job, so parents shouldn't be telling coaches how to do theirs.

GO CANES!!!

Pops is lying out his teeth.

Ivins said that Donnell has been to campus atleast 8 times since January. Is Donnel coming by himself? Doubt it, highly doubt it.

From what I can see, his pops is a POS and wants the spotlight on him. Either way, your son was a 2021 up until 2 weeks ago and he was recruited as such. Now because of your lying and forcing your son to decommit, he lost his spot to the hometown team.

Advertisement
Back