Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
Exhausting experience of someone playing our U............not giving a S*** about our players.
Disrespecting our players, and Coaches, double talking, and now some posters say they would take him anyway.....**** NO.

Manny is no baby sitter, and he would have to do so for the player, father, brother, sister etc.....**** NO.
Best for them to move on.........there is a Portal reservation waiting, and we will look back and say " Whew....we dodged one.....Coming here".....**** NO.
Good luck with his top5.......tell pops to keep talking......and enjoy comments he double talked himself into.

Donnell Sr should have kept him in the 2021 class even if it meant his son going to prep if they wanted those 5star level bag$.

Or at least should have announced the intention to reclassify a lot earlier since most teams have filled up their DE slots.
Or kept him away from Dumervil. Jeez!!!

I love pouring it on this kid.

Nothing better than a “South Florida 5*” who thinks they can use us to run up the bidding price for him - realizing that the second he plays competition his own age he starts to get dominated.

As a few have said, I bet he ends up at Tennessee, LSU or Auburn.

This kid aint a 5* in any stretch. Very thrilled the staff wised up.

No one is an expert with the recruiting process. The dad was probably excited at first. UM coaches got lazy. Other schools like Big time schools fully recruited the kid. The dad saw the difference. Um lost out. The dad telling UM coaches what to do to get his son so if UM want the kid, the coaches will listen. Call the dam daddy and mom, explain the plan for their son. Any human being with children should understand this. I hate these treads sometimes because it’s like trying to explain logic, to logical people who are so closed minded. It’s like trying to explain to a ugly girl with a temper and attitude why she don’t have a date to the prom. This man Live UN football but you’re talking about his sons future. Football is a dam sport/hobby from a fans perspective, from a player and his family it’s a life decision. So why the **** should this kid daddy be so committed to UM if they not even contacting the daddy. It’s this mans sons life. In recruiting, contacting and communicating with parents Is the number one rule... you should be mad at the dam UM coaches not the dam boy daddy. Unbelievable!!!
I deg to biffer! Donnell committed about two years ago. If this was such an issue and Sr. was so hands on and worried about his son's future, why would you let him commit?
This is about one thing and one thing only. Rhymes with Hags. The only way this kid returns to us is if he insists on reclassifying to '20 and keeps losing his lunch money against the likes of Dumervil and cats like that.
Manny and company have to keep recruiting as if he is not coming and he either will, or not. Train's getting full. Better hop aboard or get left off.

Advertisement
This kid has become such a joke over the last month. Who cares where he signs at this point. Meanwhile, he’s getting destroyed by our fans on Twitter. Mr Miami isn’t so Miami after all.
Good, it's time to put pressure on the kids and families that thinks it's ok to treat the hometown team this way yet still claim "they are miami." Nah, they just ******* for southern money.

Time to let him go and actually stop calling him. Then drop a note to the media guys telling them we are not recruiting him anymore. It’s time to stop using our resources and time on him. It’s the smartest thing we can do. I hope our coaches make this happen.

Advertisement
OK, now that most of you have gotten it out of your system, yes, the kid and his handlers (parents, advisers, etc) have bungled his recruitment at this point. But, there was a reason you offered early and accepted his commitment. He can be an elite player off the edge, your defense needs that, so you keep recruiting him until the end. If you cut off a kid every time you're butthurt, you won't have many kids left to recruit.

OK, now that most of you have gotten it out of your system, yes, the kid and his handlers (parents, advisers, etc) have bungled his recruitment at this point. But, there was a reason you offered early and accepted his commitment. He can be an elite player off the edge, your defense needs that, so you keep recruiting him until the end. If you cut off a kid every time you're butthurt, you won't have many kids left to recruit.

He’s not signing with Miami. Why keep on recruiting him? That’s right it will work out just like Stephenson did last year.

I deg to biffer! Donnell committed about two years ago. If this was such an issue and Sr. was so hands on and worried about his son's future, why would you let him commit?
This is about one thing and one thing only. Rhymes with Hags. The only way this kid returns to us is if he insists on reclassifying to '20 and keeps losing his lunch money against the likes of Dumervil and cats like that.
Manny and company have to keep recruiting as if he is not coming and he either will, or not. Train's getting full. Better hop aboard or get left off.
What do you not agree

Advertisement
And I’m kind of on board with that and kind of not, I want To have the best quality classes we can possible and not just rush to just take anybody

I like the idea of not scrambling for quality depth at the last minute.

As long as they evaluate and develop, I think this is a smart move.

Don’t need to be scrambling for 2 stars after a bad December.

There will always be a spot for blue chippers. Turning 3 stars into all conference players is a selling point in itself.

Advertisement
I don't know Gator.. the same Jimbo fisher who Shannon beat, who let Goldie hang with them **** near every game. Man you over the tripping my ***** come down to DC let me hook you up. Get your mind back right! lol

LOL Appreciate that bro.

I don't even think Jimbo is that good of a coach lol. I'm just saying, dude is acting like TAMU is some schitty team when they beat LSU and almost beat Clemson(I know early Clemson was nothing like end of year Clemson, but they still would have destroyed us).

Bingo. I would not be surprised at all if his dad's feeling of the staff not recruiting his kid hard.....were, dare I say, intentional. It's shaping up that we 'lose' Harris and Anaele and in a matter of days/weeks look to have two replacements lined up, both of which are better players.

That's not just a coincidence. My money is on both Anaele and Harris being politely nudged out.

The Harris family were all about bags behind the scenes it appears. With all the yapping they are definitely not getting the offers they expected. An A&M or Auburn type will overpay at the end of the day.

From the Clemson board - their mod is very plugged in. always has good info

— Edge player Donell Harris of Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington released a top five on Sunday of Clemson, Georgia, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Alabama.
The former Miami commitment backed off his pledge to the Hurricanes on June 13 following visits elsewhere including Georgia.
Harris has yet to visit Clemson. And he has yet to formally reclassify up to the 2020 class, which he announced he'd be doing in the same note as his de-commitment.

I reported at the time of his de-commitment that it wasn't yet a sure-fire guarantee that he would 'class up. So that's something to keep an eye on.
What's interesting is despite Harris' stature as an elite prospect (No. 4 overall in 2021 per 247Sports), spots are filling up quickly in the 2020 class, and this includes at Clemson, Georgia, and Texas A&M.
Brent Venables and Clemson offered Harris after the defensive coordinator paid him a visit this spring.
We'll see as the cycle progresses how Harris' graduation year affects Clemson's involvement.

Interesting also that the most recent post on the UGA board about his Top 5 also says he is "thinking about reclassifying" to 2020. Is it possible he's already preparing to stay in 2021 if he has to...... (and didn't get the re$pon$e he was looking for????)

I can appreciate the fact that they came out and cut us loose. None of that stringing along BS we see from some other local recruits.

I told y’all weeks ago $200k is hard to pass up. Don’t blame the kid at all. I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t take that kind of money to go to play ball in college. Looks like it’s going to come down to Georgia and Texas A&M.

Advertisement
Back