Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
It's going to take alot of time to get him physically ready to play. He's a red shirt and another year away from seeing a field. Why is it all the other recruits families are talked to by the coaches but this guys dad claims no contact. I just read Chantz Williams say his mom was on the phone with the DL coach for over 20 minutes the other day. I'm calling b.s on the father comments.

And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.

“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

I feel That

AKA he doesn't want to commit to a team that has mainly 3 stars in the class.

Advertisement
Ppl kill me with the "He needs to gain weight" stance.
Like most kids do. And in a College program if that's the only thing you're worried about then save to say you got a really good prospect on your hands. When he gains that necessary weight he's going to be a problem. Just because It doesn't look like he will be in this class don't try to now all of a sudden pick his game apart, as if he is still isnt that same Blue Chip prospect. Get our your feelings.

Ppl kill me with the "He needs to gain weight" stance.
Like most kids do. And in a College program if that's the only thing you're worried about then save to say you got a really good prospect on your hands. When he gains that necessary weight he's going to be a problem. Just because It doesn't look like he will be in this class don't try to now all of a sudden pick his game apart, as if he is still isnt that same Blue Chip prospect. Get our your feelings.

I wholeheartedly agree on the weight point but in this instance it actually holds some merit. Donell Harris has been held back in school so how old is he actually? How much of his development and hype is in all reality people forecasting increased development for a player who is older than everyone thought? As a 2021 prospect a 6’4 210 quick defensive end is amazing and 5 star worthy, as a 2020? Different story.

Is he 17,18,19,35 years old?

A kid who should already be in college wailing on high school kids doesn’t hold as much merit as a guy who has 2 years left of high school dominating the competition.

Either way if the canes get Height, Roberts, and Williams I’m fine with the canes recruiting Harris and not getting him.

Advertisement
Interesting from theUGA board....

Advertisement
Miami will continue to recruit Booker T. Washington four-star defensive end Donell Harris knowing that he doesn’t plan to sign until February’s National Signing Day.

-Ivins

Looks like no 3 star or Chantz have taken his spot. He has not become a JAG on Savage Mannys board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You take him regardless.
Everyone wants a day one starter but we live in a state with a lot of players with the ability to ride day 1.
If the kid comes here it’s a perfect scenario for both parties.
That’s only if we meet his pop’s check list unfortunately.

The staff will be done on the defensive line after this week but they still cant just stop recruiting so yes they will chip away at Harris and at guys like Jaqueline Roy. Its their job.

Of course. But I'm sure they all know (as do we) that he's not coming.

The staff will be done on the defensive line after this week but they still cant just stop recruiting so yes they will chip away at Harris and at guys like Jaqueline Roy. Its their job.

But why is recruiting a bum like Harris ? CIS in the other thread told me he is garbage and old.

There are better players like that 3star DE Stewart etc that Manny could waste his time on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back