Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
He could be about EVERYTHING but the staff not talking to him once. Kids been committed for a year and every other kid, family, cousin, janitor, janitors niece, bus driver, flight attendant who handed family a drink says were family oriented and communicative but Mr. Harris the father of our most elite 2021 kid wasnt talked to?

Calling PILES of bull**** on that.....PILES

and he knows he can say w.e. he wants bc the coaches cant comment on it (nor should they for obvious reasons).

and he knows he can say w.e. he wants bc the coaches cant comment on it (nor should they for obvious reasons).

Exactly

Don't toss this "I love Miami" crap at me while walking out the door.

Here is what I know:

Harris knew we had suspect development when he committed
Harris knew we went 7-6 when he committed
Harris knew every single issue we had when he committed/stayed committed
He could have left when Richt was fired
He takes trips to the SEC and suddenly opens up not knowing anything? Ok sure
His dad was never talked to by anyone at UM? Lies
He releases a top 35 (LOL) then narrows it to a top 12? Ok sure

This has all the hallmarks of bull**** and headcase. We shall see.

For once I wish manny could bring up the phone records and texts that have gone out to the kid and his parents. I wish they could just comment and say “bs, here’s the evidence”. But they can’t so pops can say whatever

Advertisement
He could be about EVERYTHING but the staff not talking to him once. Kids been committed for a year and every other kid, family, cousin, janitor, janitors niece, bus driver, flight attendant who handed family a drink says were family oriented and communicative but Mr. Harris the father of our most elite 2021 kid wasnt talked to?

Calling PILES of bull**** on that.....PILES

No they don’t..quit lying. Everyone don’t say that ****.

Yet we keep losing top flight kids. Mr. Harris is telling the truth. Stay mad.

No they don’t..quit lying.

Yet we keep losing top flight kids.....

Really?

So the last two DEs who committed, one out of state say the exact opposite and youre telling me the higher rated kids father gets zero?

Nah man no buying it.

In terms of losing talent? I mean who can debate that lol. Of course we are

Advertisement
Really?

So the last two DEs who committed, one out of state say the exact opposite and youre telling me the higher rated kids father gets zero?

Nah man no buying it.

In terms of losing talent? I mean who can debate that lol. Of course we are

I’m buying it bc it’s not my first time hearing it.

I cant wait to have a son so I can live my dream through them one day.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Dude has a God complex and a need to be swooned instead of his son who’s the **** player. I detest parents like this that are only looking out for themselves and not the welfare of their children.

Was thinking the exact same thing. Dude has a God complex and a need to be swooned instead of his son who’s the **** player. I detest parents like this that are only looking out for themselves and not the welfare of their children.

Actually he is looking out for his kid. That’s exactly why he’s involved.

It’s quite the opposite for me...it’s you fans that have the God Complex & don’t truly care about these kids bc you hope these kids can help you tailgate hard & celebrate the night away after wins. That’s all most of y’all care about

Advertisement
You guys are struggling to read between the lines. Of course the staff have exchanged words with him......but have they talked (see attached) to the guy like georgia and the rest are prepared to?

handing_money_businessmen_fb.jpg

It’s quite the opposite for me...it’s you fans that have the God Complex & don’t truly care about these kids bc you hope these kids can help you tailgate hard & celebrate the night away after wins. That’s all most of y’all care about

I mean unless you know the kids personally this is exactly what a fan is. As a fan I hope the kids get treated nicely etc (because I’m a good person in life) but yes all I really care about is Miami winning because they are the sports team I chose and I get joy out of winning.

Not sure how that’s a god complex that’s a fan complex.

You obviously know the family so I understand your point of view and frustration with fans, but have the kid go to a SEC school with a higher volume of people that dislike individuals if they aren’t white. Miami is one of the more accepting fan base on color, race etc, but we also hate kids that play the game and don’t come to Miami.

All other schools have the exact same fan feedback that you’re calling a God Complex, which I think is a poorly used term. So knowing the family and kid don’t just hate on Canes fans hate on all fan bases recruiting this kid

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hegemon, exactly. Don’t care either way. I hope manny brings the family in, clears the air, tells them we want his son and what does UM need to do to land the kid. If they want 100k or want us to change our record for the last 5 years, wish the kid well and let’s move on. Tell them we’ll find kids who bleed orange and green and want to be canes.
The kid is probably a couple years away from starting or making an impact. Here or Bama. Does he have the frame to add 40 lbs in 2 years? Don’t know.

Anyone who thinks manny or the staff has ignored the parents is a moron. Our 5 star recruit from 2021 in Miami and manny hasn’t talked to the parents.

Like u said, the only parents manny hasn’t talked to. Doesn’t seem like manny’s MO but who knows lol
Exactly..****..so pops is saying Manny nor.Stroud has called to introduce himself.

no ****. were fans of the school and program. were not fans of booker t lol

Exactly..****..so pops is saying Manny nor.Stroud has called to introduce himself.

Guys, use your heads, you think Manny and Stroud have not spoken with dad or his son? Once you hear names of Georgia, Bama, you know what is going on. I would love to have DH and his dad seems like a big CANE fan, but Manny is taking Jimmy approach, that these types of Prima Donna;s are not what builds the program. If Dad thinks SEC will help his son become a #1 draft choice and likes some of the "perks" that may go along with having his son play in SEC, we should move on. Just win and none of this stuff will matter. I have been through process with kids being recruited, and once the kid and parent start dreaming of $$, NFL stardom. want day to day contact with 3 or 4 coaches, it is a portal candidate waiting to happen. Wish him the best, and let's take kids who are talented but want to be CANES.

Not sure why we are all still arguing about whether the staff talked to the father. It's already been established that until recently, the mother has been the parent involved in the recruitment. If there really is parental discord - a divorce, separation or whatever - it's very possible the staff DIDN"T talk to the dad because the mother was the parent involved. No matter what is going on in the house, the father knew his son had committed to Miami and had obviously been up on campus at least a few times to visit with the coaches, etc. The first time he stepped foot on campus was last Saturday. That's on him, no one else.

It's clear he is in charge at this point. After reading the interview he gave to Rivals, I have no doubt he made it very clear to our staff they need to keep him in the process.

We will see what they do - how bad they want this kid.

And personally, I'm not buying that the plan all along was to reclassify. I call him out on that. It's pretty strange no one had any idea that was going to happen - every school was recruiting him for 2021. I'm not sure if it was suggested to them , if they were advised to reclassify or if that was his idea to get his kid on the path to the League sooner, or what.

Advertisement
Back