Donell Harris (New Thread)

The article that says that Bama leads is interesting... They already have 4 OLB committed.. 2 are 5 stars and the other two are top 150 players in country. They're also still in on Smalls from Washington who I think they'll probably end up with as well. I think they may be slow playing that 5 star Grimes from Tennessee the one that Clemson denied due to spots remaining. I would think they'd have max 1 spot left at OLB

He'll greyshirt rather than sign here

Advertisement
A rule of thumb for recruiting used to be "win Mom over." That sentiment still is alive and well. I'm taken aback that according Donell Sr. we have been lacking in this area.
Got me thinking (and that's a scary thought!) Let's say for easy math's sake, the U sends out 200 offers. That's 200 recruits, 200 Moms, and 200 Dads for a total of 600 people to try and keep in touch with and appease. And that's just one cycle. Gotta be a tremendous challenge to keep track of who to prioritize, whose been contacted how many times, etc., etc., etc. Not making excuses. Just trying to understand the magnitude of the situation.

Part of me wants to say take Height and then tell Harris to go take a hike.

But can’t let ego take over. Kid is a **** of a football player in our backyard. Yea, not a 5 star and raw in terms of size and moves. But after a RS year with Feely and working with Stroud on his moves, he can be a monster.

We can’t wait forever though, I’d say by October/November if he’s not on board use the scholly elsewhere.

Advertisement
So to recap on the most important things I read:
1. Staff must do a better job building a relationship with Harris parents
2. We must win this year
3. We need to put more D Line prospects in the 1st 2 rd of the draft.
4. The bagman doesn’t matter? Ok. I call BS on that one.
If it didnt matter he wouldnt have made it a point of emphasis...

Is Enos the guy is the real question I’m not sure but I looked at all his tapes from Arkansas and he put up points on every team he played except Alabama with imo way less talent then what we have at every position including offensive line

We’ll see...the numbers show his offense got worse every year at Arkansas though & I’m not sure if it was the coaching or talent or a combination of it..either way he’s partly responsible.

I Hope he’s our Tony Elliott..lord knows we need it

I don't have anything good to say about Harris Sr. That he or anyone else wants to hear. Just know this, it's **** sure not good, and I didn't like what I read in that article. And finally, it's your son's recruitment, not yours, you've lived that part of your life already. let your boy live his. Smdh

As a father he’s supposed to provide guidance & I have no issue with what he’s doing...IF it’s sincere.

I’ll be damned if I’m allowing just my kid to deal solely with the grown men that are recruiting him. Some of you have bumped your freaking heads.

@Lance Roffers really appreciate your statistical work and hope your son is doing well. Is there any advanced measure we could look at to analyze a programs ability to produce/cultivate NFL talent. Of course Alabama and Clemson are putting guys in the league, bc their roster is made up of 5 stars and high end 4 stars. I’d think, the majority of those guys would end up in the league despite whatever school they went to. Is saban developing 3 stars and turning them into high draft picks more than the next guy? Not quite. Was just curious if The argument of choosing a school bc you want to make NFL is backed by any stastical evidence?

The "Bagman Spot rate" vs "#GotToFeedTheFam Calls", historically is a good indicator of program success.
giphy.gif

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
i know he aint feeling uf he clowned them just the other day. This likely will be a UGA- Miami battle im not sure how much Bama wants. If the offer is committable he likely goes there.

He's really good...but We aint doing bad at DE in this class...his strength was his position in the 2021 class...he got played out of that by whomever was recruiting him and told him to reclassify.

All the he wont be able to play stuff is B.S. because if he turns 19 in October he will play a good amount of games...and then be able to get ready for early signing.

I honestly like Harrell to finish out the DE class so im indifferent.
Harrells burst is unreal just hard to tell if we are actually in it because he does absolutely no interviews and no one seems to know where he is leaning . I don't want to get played

Harrells burst is unreal just hard to tell if we are actually in it because he does absolutely no interviews and no one seems to know where he is leaning . I don't want to get played

He gave a pretty lengthy interview to Bama 247 - came out yesterday as soon as the one the father gave was posted by Rivals...

As a father he’s supposed to provide guidance & I have no issue with what he’s doing...IF it’s sincere.

I’ll be damned if I’m allowing just my kid to deal solely with the grown men that are recruiting him. Some of you have bumped your freaking heads.

so why didnt he get involved earlier if the rumors of the mom running the recruitment are true? he just happened to get involved now? also, i cant imagine holding your kid back intentionally. that, imo, is awful parenting (again if true).

so why didnt he get involved earlier if the rumors of the mom running the recruitment are true? he just happened to get involved now? also, i cant imagine holding your kid back intentionally. that, imo, is awful parenting (again if true).

Parents hold their kids back a year for a lot of reasons, especially boys, btw. And especially boys born in the fall - they will become the oldest in the class instead of the youngest. some kids need it for not just physical advantages but for emotional maturity as well. Not surprised Harris was held back a year.

Advertisement
Yep. It's time to move on. Too much drama with this kid.

Where's the drama besides the posters posting? This happens all the time in recruiting to every school. You give up on recruits like this and many others like them, you'll be stuck with a bunch of scrubs. Right now, other schools are working out verbals just like we're working them. We also have had guys verbal, take that back, and later sign.

Too funny, you all getting worked up over this. The drama is here, nowhere else.

Advertisement
Parents hold their kids back a year for a lot of reasons, especially boys, btw. And especially boys born in the fall - they will become the oldest in the class instead of the youngest. some kids need it for not just physical advantages but for emotional maturity as well. Not surprised Harris was held back a year.

I'm still trying to understand how that makes sense. ESPECIALLY from an educational standpoint. Now what if he can't reclassify and ages out and cant play. Seems like a cheap way to manipulate the system. When I was thinking about his frame filling out I was thinking he was a true 2021 kid. If he is **** near 20 years old his frame is light to say the least.

Dad sounds like a loser. So our coaches are contacting his son but UM isnt serious because they arent contacting the father. Lol

Dude wants bags. Kid can kick rocks.

UM coaches prolly sensed what it is and not gonna waste time. Father wants to play a PR game and blame UM instead of just saying the kid wants to go somewhere else.

Dad sounds like a loser. So our coaches are contacting his son but UM isnt serious because they arent contacting the father. Lol

Dude wants bags. Kid can kick rocks.

but bama doesnt talk to dad, but thats their number 1. idc that he isnt coming here, but the hypocrisy of this whole itnerview is hilarious. FSU is there (5-7 btw) lol

Advertisement
Back