Donell Harris (New Thread)

So... The family are fans of Miami but Miami have to recruit twice as hard as the others schools. We offer kids that don't deserve spots but his 5 star son decommit. Says he likes the Gators..brings up FSU...have a interview with Bama and say they are the leaders. This kid ain't coming here. We can go undefeated and lose first round in the playoffs. Pops will say we not good as Bama. Garvin can go number 1 overall in the draft and it wouldn't matter because the kid sign in Feburary. Hope nobody get their hopes up having this kid in our class

No Miami fan would say such a thing. Not a real Miami fan.

It's too hateful! UF? FSU? GTFOH!

That's how I know this interview - is all bovine schiznit. Take that UF/FSU BS down the road!

Advertisement
The article that says that Bama leads is interesting... They already have 4 OLB committed.. 2 are 5 stars and the other two are top 150 players in country. They're also still in on Smalls from Washington who I think they'll probably end up with as well. I think they may be slow playing that 5 star Grimes from Tennessee the one that Clemson denied due to spots remaining. I would think they'd have max 1 spot left at OLB

They also have a good shot at landing Jake Garcia’s HS teammate Jordan Banks, who’s currently listed at OLB but will likely move inside for them. Plus let’s not forget Flowe inside.

i know he aint feeling uf he clowned them just the other day. This likely will be a UGA- Miami battle im not sure how much Bama wants. If the offer is committable he likely goes there.

He's really good...but We aint doing bad at DE in this class...his strength was his position in the 2021 class...he got played out of that by whomever was recruiting him and told him to reclassify.

All the he wont be able to play stuff is B.S. because if he turns 19 in October he will play a good amount of games...and then be able to get ready for early signing.

I honestly like Harrell to finish out the DE class so im indifferent.

Advertisement
Dude, I think Elder was Mr. Tennessee in football.
Yea i get that but it wasnt the sfla thing....people were like if Tenn doesnt want him somethings wrong. It wasnt everyone but it was brought up. I thibk its complete bullshyt and a bytch made excuse that we dont develope....develope is develops period if a elite player goes to bama and is elite he gets drafted high tjats develope..also a guy u didnt think would do anything and u make him a fifth rounder thats development. Its a bs excuse to throw UM fans off so those traitors dont get full backlash. Its all a excuse to say well UM wasnt good blah blah just to secure the bag and get no sfla backlash so us fans can say well i dont blame them. Bama traitors get treated as such at bama period

An what talent is that please share names Stroud has put in the NFL from Akron!. His run ar NCState was more than a decade ago.

Go Canes
That was what I said on here and on Twitter when he got hired. Still don’t understand the hire but we gotta live with it.

@Lance Roffers really appreciate your statistical work and hope your son is doing well. Is there any advanced measure we could look at to analyze a programs ability to produce/cultivate NFL talent. Of course Alabama and Clemson are putting guys in the league, bc their roster is made up of 5 stars and high end 4 stars. I’d think, the majority of those guys would end up in the league despite whatever school they went to. Is saban developing 3 stars and turning them into high draft picks more than the next guy? Not quite. Was just curious if The argument of choosing a school bc you want to make NFL is backed by any stastical evidence?

Advertisement
Biggest takeaways.

1.) Whole family is old school Cane fans and they have high expectations(which they should).

2.) as most fans believe. We don’t have a good track record for developing DL over the past decade. How many 1st or 2nd round picks do we have?

3.) why hadn’t anybody from the staff spoke to Donnell father? Have to recruit anybody who has influence on a recruit.

4.) Win like we are supposed to this year and we get him back in the fold.

5.) as his dad mentioned, if we win the bag game will be mitigated.
Nailed it.

A lot can be read into Dads comments and I'm sure there will be many differing opinions.

One of the most revealing comments was about bags. Pretty much admitted that bags are real.

A high quality education was never mentioned.

Dad made some very valid points - most of which we already know.

Dad wants some love as well.
A rule of thumb for recruiting used to be "win Mom over." That sentiment still is alive and well. I'm taken aback that according Donell Sr. we have been lacking in this area.

Advertisement
Yea i get that but it wasnt the sfla thing....people were like if Tenn doesnt want him somethings wrong. It wasnt everyone but it was brought up. I thibk its complete bullshyt and a bytch made excuse that we dont develope....develope is develops period if a elite player goes to bama and is elite he gets drafted high tjats develope..also a guy u didnt think would do anything and u make him a fifth rounder thats development. Its a bs excuse to throw UM fans off so those traitors dont get full backlash. Its all a excuse to say well UM wasnt good blah blah just to secure the bag and get no sfla backlash so us fans can say well i dont blame them. Bama traitors get treated as such at bama period
Bingo! That's why I'm like bye dude. He knows if you take a regular guy like Michael Jackson and make him a 5th rounder when he literally was going to work at UPS two years ago. Develop is develop call em out Dwins

His pops is a real one & I take it he was being straight! Some aspects of his opinions are of course debatable but for the most part man he nails it.

Can’t be 7-6. Period. We must string together multiple 10 plus win seasons back to back to back to back.

Pressure is on Enos get an offense going on full go against a well coached SEC opponent in the first game..it’s going to tell us if he’s cut out for the job down the line if we’re going to contend with Clemson at any point in the future. The new DC must be a better game planner M-F than Manny was while being able to adjust at the half as well as Manny did. The new punter must play like he looks.

Advertisement
His pops is a real one & I take it he was being straight! Some aspects of his opinions are of course debatable but for the most part man he nails it.

Can’t be 7-6. Period. We must string together multiple 10 plus win seasons back to back to back to back.

Pressure is on Enos get an offense going on full go against a well coached SEC opponent in the first game..it’s going to tell us if he’s cut out for the job down the line if we’re going to contend with Clemson at any point in the future. The new DC must be a better game planner M-F than Manny was while being able to adjust at the half as well as Manny did. The new punter must play like he looks.

Is Enos the guy is the real question I’m not sure but I looked at all his tapes from Arkansas and he put up points on every team he played except Alabama with imo way less talent then what we have at every position including offensive line

That’s probably the dumbest recruiting article I’ve ever read.... probably bc it’s the most honest about what happens in the recruiting world. Sheds a lot of light about what parents and kids are thinking.

Hold your kid back so he can grow physically and dominate weaker and less physical competition.
Seems counter productive. How is an athlete supposed to develop if they aren’t being challenged?!?

Don’t contact the parents immediately? Strike 1
Lose to FSU? Strike 2
Don’t show much love? Strike 3
Don’t develop players? Strike 4

Dad mentions not every guy deserves a Miami offer. Way too many negatives here man.

Next thing we’ll get another strike because we didn’t have enough tackles for loss against weaker competition.

It’s like one of those old man sayings, “Just worry about yourself and you’ll be alright.”

Feel like this is just one of those situations where whatever we do to recruit him won’t be enough.

Come play for an aggressive defense or GTFO.

Last edited:
If we’re talking on-topic posters, LCE, is and has been, in my opinion, the best poster on CIS and really the MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

Chise is also the top dog, IMO, but he brings a different dynamic and is the most entertaining read if you like that type of humor, which I do, so they are distinctly different and incomparable to me.

Love em both for different reasons and we have a shît ton of great posters in addition to these guys, some of whom have posted in this thread.
Tell that to @DanSileo #93, and see if he won't come on here and throw 500 press clippings at your ***!

you can be 4-8 2 years ago and still pull kids tho or 5-7 lol

Advertisement
Back