Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
His papi ain’t confident in his ability that’s why he pulled that weak move to hold him back and play against the youngins and is planning to do the same think with his brother smh. When I was coming up the real dogs played up a pound or with the older kids. **** thats why we made fun of pop warner teams and their older but lighter bs. Man if I ever told my old lady we holding one of our boys back so they could excel against youngins on the field she would leave my *** to make sure I didn’t spread that weak as mentality to the kids.
Kill the whole Phukn litter.

Absolutely, I dont take the internet serious haha. I don't believe bags play a factor in all of recruits, I think as a fanbase we are delusional of our current state of a program. We are a sleeping giant, but as you said and some others... we need to give kids a reason to come here. We have had what ONE 10 win season in 15, 16 years? This season is critical bc if we don't win 10 plus and look good doing so then 2020 and 2021 will be more of the same.

10000% agree w/ you. Honestly, the 7-6 season was a blow to our momentum. We started to get some national traction after 2017, and then BOOM, 2018 happens and we became the laughing stock again. Hoping we turn this around. I know it won't be overnight, but we gotta start proving it on and off the field.

10000% agree w/ you. Honestly, the 7-6 season was a blow to our momentum. We started to get some national traction after 2017, and then BOOM, 2018 happens and we became the laughing stock again. Hoping we turn this around. I know it won't be overnight, but we gotta start proving it on and off the field.
If we get good qb play, I think we are gonna run through our schedule and shoot our best shot against clemson. **** this **** we have done the last 2 times against Clemson

But we have been going after the local 4 and 5 stars. They aren't signing here so what do you want the coaches to do? Not sign any players at a position of need because no 4 or 5 stars wanted to sign....

There's going after players and going "after" players. I've stated for years we've been passive aggressive w/ highly rated guys. We've used the excuse that we're going after guys who really want to be here, and in theory, that sounds good, but not everyone that wants to be here should be here. Our evals just got to be on point, instead of thinking we can coach up everyone.

Advertisement
A lot don’t have a problem with what pops is saying, as much as all these things have been present since the change over of coaching so why now?

Simple, they got ahead of themselves. The dad and family are Hurricane fans. He said that several different times making it perfectly clear what team they root for.

Rooting for a team and putting your sons future in that team are two different things. Hence, got ahead of themselves, caught up in the moment (offer), and thought maybe we better slow down.

We show significant improvement, that interview states rather clearly where he signs to me. We don't handle our business on the field, he's gone.

So... The family are fans of Miami but Miami have to recruit twice as hard as the others schools. We offer kids that don't deserve spots but his 5 star son decommit. Says he likes the Gators..brings up FSU...have a interview with Bama and say they are the leaders. This kid ain't coming here. We can go undefeated and lose first round in the playoffs. Pops will say we not good as Bama. Garvin can go number 1 overall in the draft and it wouldn't matter because the kid sign in Feburary. Hope nobody get their hopes up having this kid in our class

Pretty much the best summary of Miami recruiting in the thread.

"I just want my son to enjoy the process."
So you just realized there's a "process" now?

"We are all big Miami fans."
So you decide to kick them in the nuts as hard as you could?

"I don't like a lot of the other kids their recruiting and signing."
Well, what do you want them to do when your 5 star son decommits?

"The player he really wants to model himself after went to Miami's rival school."

You are aware Burns was only coached by that staff for one year, whereas our new head coach has a documented history of eating and breathing negative plays from the edge right?

"Miami is still in it. Along with everyone else. A few of the elite programs, a lot of the crap ones."
Are you sure you like Miami?

Advertisement
Simple, they got ahead of themselves. The dad and family are Hurricane fans. He said that several different times making it perfectly clear what team they root for.

Rooting for a team and putting your sons future in that team are two different things. Hence, got ahead of themselves, caught up in the moment (offer), and thought maybe we better slow down.

We show significant improvement, that interview states rather clearly where he signs to me. We don't handle our business on the field, he's gone.

Doc Rivers.gif

The mom was in charge of recruiting so he was going to UM. Dad is now involved and its the Bag teams.

Get your head out of your *** if you think he's signing with Miami.

View attachment 88761

The mom was in charge of recruiting so he was going to UM. Dad is now involved and its the Bag teams.

Get your head out of your *** if you think he's signing with Miami.

the key thing i took from this is that the canes are not out of it (they are). we have to stop being these kids backup options in case the bag trail flames out. he shouldn't have an offer anymore

Yea thats the reason he said what he said he lacks confidence in him be "thee guy" so it makes sense to send them to a place like bama where your all around dogs at every spot and can shine and look better then what u truly are. Same reason UM guys used to get that benefit of the doubt playing with the Butch teams. Its smart from the fathers point of view but at the same time keep it 100 and say it I think thats whats really going on in his head. Here Harris would be the 5 star guy and if he fails we will get on him over at bama he wont be the guy so if he under performs who cares next man up. My thing is u will be drafted if your a dog no matter where u play, Sean Taylor would be a top 5 pick at Rutgers period or first rounder period. This whole develop **** is blown out of proportion, are there great developers who are gifted like Butch Saban etc? yes but ballers will ball and if your kids borderline and u dont believe in him then sending him to Butch and Saban is a smart thing to do just say it and dont hide behind the bullshyt.

Edit: we also haved developed kids that no one thought should be drafted (myself included) and that should be applauded. Guys like Elder no one thought would be good Mike Jackson and others. Just because they werent first rounders doesnt mean that they werent developed MD system worked miracles for guys like MJ who 95% of the board thought was complete Al Golden special trash. No one thought RJ Macintosh would be good and Diaz turned him into a monster here. THATS FUQIN DEVELOPMENT
Dude, I think Elder was Mr. Tennessee in football.

Advertisement
Lmao **** this kid I don’t even care if he’s good. It’s not hard for us to get pass rush anymore. Bragging about his MAC offers

Advertisement
Gotta start developing guys. Can’t keep having the Norton’s, McCjntosh, Jackson of the world go 4th or later

Norton isn’t even in the league so you can’t say he was under developed. **** if anything these guys were developed and just aren’t that good. Do you think they would be better if they played at Bama? They may have gotten drafter higher just by being Bama kids but their talent is on par with their draft grade so far.

The article that says that Bama leads is interesting... They already have 4 OLB committed.. 2 are 5 stars and the other two are top 150 players in country. They're also still in on Smalls from Washington who I think they'll probably end up with as well. I think they may be slow playing that 5 star Grimes from Tennessee the one that Clemson denied due to spots remaining. I would think they'd have max 1 spot left at OLB

Advertisement
Back