Donell Harris (New Thread)

If we’re talking on-topic posters, LCE, is and has been, in my opinion, the best poster on CIS and really the MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

Chise is also the top dog, IMO, but he brings a different dynamic and is the most entertaining read if you like that type of humor, which I do, so they are distinctly different and incomparable to me.

Love em both for different reasons and we have a shît ton of great posters in addition to these guys, some of whom have posted in this thread.
image.gif

Appreciate it 💯

Advertisement
Interview with Bama247

-States he likes the culture and way Bama develops talent.

-Says Bama is recruiting him harder now that he’s a 20’ kid.

- Says Bama sits atop along with Clemson, UM and UGA.

Which is fair, but save the lip service him and his dad. It's unnecessary at this point.

Advertisement
Pops is real as real as our questions that need to be answered before we land the elite recruits.

I also agree with those saying that if you're elite, the NFL will find you. They know who we are and where we're at, but if you have other elite talent around you, you're gonna shine more. We've had some first round talent during this downturn and it took going to the NFL from whatever round not named first for it to show though.

So once again, I get what Pops is saying. Even during our prime, some got the Miami bump. I'm not going to name them, we as fans know who they are.

To those who want to talk **** about recruits as many of you did when he took his name off our verbal list, please do the program a solid and STFU next time. Love how he played your dumbasses later with the Bama thing. Recruits and family members read these boards so post correctly. Dumbasses.

The problem is he isn't going to be a take at Bama most likely. Being a 2020 prospect versus a 2021 prospect is a huge difference for a kid who is just a slight, athletic, speed rusher right now.
Bama has 3 guys commited that will play that de/olb role and they are on 3 other highly ranked guys for the position and lead on the crystal ball for 2 of them. On top of that they already have 20 commits.

Ed Oliver just got drafted in the first round after playing 2 years under our former DC. A guy out of Alabama State got drafted in the first round. If you're a first round talent and play like it you'll get drafted in the first round. If our former DC aint stopping that, no one is. So not even poor "non-developing Miami" will keep Harris Jr from being a 1st or 2nd rounder if he's actually worthy of it.
The interview was a preemptive strike on why he’s not coming basically. Why didn’t he mention the amount of highly rated dudes that weny to bama that never got drafted. Why didn’t he mention the amount of 5 star dudes at bama that we’re busts?
How many players from those schools never seen a second contract.

lol bamas all good even tho they havent talked much to dad

Yea. I mean... it's astounding at this point they feel the need to keep justifying themselves. I mean who are they trying to convince? Themselves? Like I said, all these reasons and different situations are unnecessary at this point. You de-committed because you wanted to, they are trying to make it seem like they HAD to.

Advertisement
True, but when the ones that are "up to snuff" keep going to Bama, Clemson, Georgia, etc., that leaves Miami having no choice but to recruit second-level kids. As for no Miami DL being drafted in the first or second round, the reality is we haven't had the type of player worthy of being drafted at that level. If Harris' family wants to see a DL drafted first round from Miami, then Harris should come to Miami and BE that guy.
Many of our higher draft choices came in as second or third-level recruits.

Bama has 3 guys commited that will play that de/olb role and they are on 3 other highly ranked guys for the position and lead on the crystal ball for 2 of them. On top of that they already have 20 commits.
Yea, maybe they take him in the end, but he's definitely not about to be recruited like he wants to be. He's a top 247 kid, but not a Top 10 kid with this class. Georgia is probably done with DE/OLB recruiting for this class too. They were fine with Mekhail Sherman and that's it. Kid and his Dad are miscalculating the worth of the bag with this one for sure.

lol bamas all good even tho they havent talked much to dad
He feels Miami needs to talk to him more because it's not clear what the new staff is going to do to restore UM to elite level. It's quite obvious with Bama. UM is an unknown right now to him and most of us.

Advertisement
Which shows good development.
Exactly...and that includes kids with a burning desire to get better. A friend of mine who was a true insider, very close to coaches and players, top guy in Hurricane Club, said what distinguished the great Hurricane teams was the level of hard work.

Advertisement
You are truly retarded, I spoke clearly on this particular situation. Did I mention other kids? No, I did not. This situation is clearly about money. He points out obvious excuses that didn't stop his son from committing in the first place. I don't blame bags for everyone so nice try with that, but Harris? Absolutely.

Before I was about to snap on you, I had to re-read your post. So I'm going to apologize for misdirecting my reply to you v. truly looking at your response....

With that being said, miss me w/ the insults. We can discuss things, u feel me pimp?

Exactly...and that includes kids with a burning desire to get better. A friend of mine who was a true insider, very close to coaches and players, top guy in Hurricane Club, said what distinguished the great Hurricane teams was the level of hard work.
But then you have the SFL divas claiming they "love" Miami and it's their "dream school", yet they use the excuse that they are concerned because Miami hasn't had a 1st rounder in the draft at their position. So if we can get some 2nd and 3rd tier recruits into the draft at all, it shows that the 1st rounders aren't happening, not because of our "development" but because the top tier recruits are finding every excuse ($) to not come here.

Sounded too much like Chad Wilson in that monologue. There's a reason coaches are being polite but not sitting on his doorstep. ... Nothing is going to change even if we go undefeated and Garvin gets drafted on day 1. This is about ego and money. Manny's not falling for that.
I. Was about to post something similar. You have one of the top recruits in his position in the country in your backyard and you have a second with parents? There’s got to be a reason.

Advertisement
Back