Donell Harris (New Thread)

Donell committed to us in July of last year, between then & now he's been on campus well over a dozen times.

He knew we was 7-6 the entire offseason, he's met the the new staff & was committed until literally just 2 weeks ago.

Why didn't he reopen his recruitment in December after Richt stepped down? Why wait until now? The 7-6 stuff works if you're a new recruit that isn't familiar with the program & isn't already committed.

The same 7-6 team he decommitted from in June, is the same 7-6 team he was committed to in March/April, so what happened? Why come to the Spring game & recruit other kids to commit to us only to decommit a few months later?

I get what you're trying to say, but these recruits & their families always have every excuse in the world for why they can't/won't sign with Miami. My whole point is, it's unnecessary, they don't owe us anything & are not obligated to sign with us at all, so there's no reason for them to constantly carry on with this bullsh*t they be trying to sell.

If a prospect wants to go any program they want to, they should. All most of us ask is to stop dragging us along & pretending like they wanna sign with us so bad but just somehow find every reason on Earth not to.
This post says it all!!! If he would of de-committed last season, or when CMR quit, or even when Simpson left; it would have made sense.

Kid was basically the class ambassador and bolts for no legit reason. What changed? Obviously, they are getting new advice from somewhere and by the looks of it, it doesn’t seem to be that sound. Maybe he will wind up grey shirting at Bama....

Advertisement
In 2016 & 17 Chad Thomas was the Strong Side DE & Joe Jack was weak side.

No 2018, after Chad went to the NFL, they put Joe on the Strong side & Garvin on the weak side.

Joe Jackson started out as a WDE & played SDE last year, he's listed as a SDE & that's the position he was drafted as.
Joe Jackson and Mike Jackson are going to have very nice Pro Careers with the Cowboys!!!

Go away. Has nothing to do with race outside of the simple fact that black kids make up the overwhelming majority of high-level CFB prospects.

And your point? About them making up the majority? All the recruits we lose y'all say bags. We've had the most decommitments than any other school in the past 3 to 5 yrs. So again where is this "bag" stuff coming from? Especially if you're Bama why would they drop a bag for a Tweener who will have to redshirt since he's undersized?

If we’re talking on-topic posters, LCE, is and has been, in my opinion, the best poster on CIS and really the MVP - Most Valuable Poster.

Chise is also the top dog, IMO, but he brings a different dynamic and is the most entertaining read if you like that type of humor, which I do, so they are distinctly different and incomparable to me.

Love em both for different reasons and we have a shît ton of great posters in addition to these guys, some of whom have posted in this thread.
Appreciate your humility good sir, but @RVACane you too are doing the Lord's work on gayturds tears thread. In fact your sacrifice may be the biggest sacrifice of all, submitting your brilliant brain cells to such ignorance and stupidity for the sake of us all. Your like those that went into Chernobyl to save the rest of us (Finished watching the mini-series on HBO it is fantastic)

Anywho yes to the credit you gave, but you are on that Mount Rushmore as well my man

Think about it like this: if a Top 3 team has to pay big money to steal a kid from a 7-6 Miami team, how hard will it be to recruit against an 11-win Miami team producing first rounders?

they pay big money to OUTBID the others who are also trying to pouch southfl talent...

Advertisement
In 2016 & 17 Chad Thomas was the Strong Side DE & Joe Jack was weak side.

No 2018, after Chad went to the NFL, they put Joe on the Strong side & Garvin on the weak side.

Joe Jackson started out as a WDE & played SDE last year, he's listed as a SDE & that's the position he was drafted as.
But joe was literally lining up in the same position last year as he was the 2 previous seasons. It looks like garvin was lined up exactly how chad was. So did they just flip it around last year? And garvin moved to joe old spot in the spring so what is he playing now?

And your point? About them making up the majority? All the recruits we lose y'all say bags. We've had the most decommitments than any other school in the past 3 to 5 yrs. So again where is this "bag" stuff coming from? Especially if you're Bama why would they drop a bag for a Tweener who will have to redshirt since he's undersized?
No one is saying that Bama is throwing him a bag. A lot of times an offer by Bama increases the value of the bag other schools ie.... UGAy will throw you!

Confused because a priority of theirs is getting drafted in the 1st round as a lineman but only 1 of Clem$on/Baga/UiF/UGA runs a 4-3 and the kid is like 6’4” 190 and will almost assuredly be an OLB...

Advertisement
You're missing the point as usual. Miami has had just as much success putting DL in the league as a UGA, yet it's only a knock on Miami? Add to the fact Stroud has produced what, 3 1st rounders himself?

What happened in the decade plus since Stroud was at NC State. Where inthe 2006 NFL Draft, three of Stroud’s North Carolina State linemen– Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, and John McCargo– who led the nation in total defense, were first round selections. Williams was the No. 1 overall pick.

Since then not one of Stroud's players have been drafted. That is and should be a big problem for recruits and parents. So I did the quick internet search for you and found that nugget.

So answer the initial question now.

Go Canes.

This is an interview with Donnell Harris father. Pretty insightful interview and makes a lot of great points. Seems to be on the same wavelength as D$.

.View attachment 88690View attachment 88691View attachment 88692View attachment 88693View attachment 88694View attachment 88695View attachment 88696View attachment 88697
Thank you for the coverage man! I greatly appreciate it. Some good points from the dad, but mostly a lot of BS. If he were such a fan, then he would be telling his son that The U is the place for you. I smell $$$ here. The rest is BS. To build a team into a high quality, high results, high performing organization, it has to start some where. You don't become a top notch product over night. PLEASE!!!

What happened in the decade plus since Stroud was at NC State. Where inthe 2006 NFL Draft, three of Stroud’s North Carolina State linemen– Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, and John McCargo– who led the nation in total defense, were first round selections. Williams was the No. 1 overall pick.

Since then not one of Stroud's players have been drafted. That is and should be a big problem for recruits and parents. So I did the quick internet search for you and found that nugget.

Go Canes.
It is and should be a concern? Says who? Who has said it is a concern? Which recruit? You’re clueless as usual.

LOL;

If I’m being honest, I have zero issues w what Sr said.

I need u all to get out ur feelings and be objective. Sometimes we over analyze things from a fan’s perspective vs. dealing w reality.

His comments on bags was, “you don’t have to offer a kid two pennies if you’re winning.” I’ve said this all along. I know it’s been a while, but some of u mofos forget what it was like, recruiting wise, when we were winning. We were plucking blue chips out of state, and keeping blue chips home. Why? B/c we were winning, AND putting out 1st rounders. Like CP said after the 2001 season, all of his friends became millionaires over night. That’s attractive af to kids & their parents.

He echoed what many, logical, fans have acknowledged: Until we produce on AND off the field (NFL draft) we are going to strike out on highly rated players, consistently. He also echoed what I’ve been saying since I joined this board, stop offering cats who have no business being here. We went from a revolving gun chamber to a one shot pistol by offering a grip of 3 and low 3 star guys b/c we didn’t have the fortitude to go after the blue chips.

It’s no coincidence that after our 2017 season, our 2018 class was our best in yrs. After our 2018 season, our 2019 class was one of the worst. There’s a correlation between winning and attracting talent. U can’t go 7-6 and then expect to land blue chips. That’s law.

Furthermore, what coach is recruiting a kid w/o talking to their parents??! That’s more telling than anything! U gotta win over mom & dad. I’m in the insurance business, and my clientele is high maintenance. Every now and then I have to take care of their young 18 yr olds who wants to get their own policy. Regardless of how long I’ve had their parents as clients, this is their child. I gotta convince them that I’m going to take care of their best interest v. trying to make a new sale. And while my dialogue is focused on that child so they understand the legal agreement between both parties, I’m also making sure mom &/or dad r fully engaged and they understand where my intent is for their child. That’s Bible; so this kind of give us an insight as to some of the recruiting errors we’ve had: From Richt’s staff being negligent in their contact w recruits, stating “we thought u we’re going elsewhere” to Manny’s staff not fully engaging w parents. So I’m going to emphasize this once more; Manny can do all the talking he wants, and it sounds good. Matter of fact, he’s put a bullseye on his back....now he’s gotta prove it on & off the field.
You're wrong, period. "You don't offer kids two pennies if you are winning" then proceeds to list every big bag school. Just bc he says that, doesnt mean it is the truth lol. That was his way of trying to cover up the fact they are looking for a bag.

Advertisement

Go Canes.

It's a dumb question. Akron has had 16 players ever drafted since 1960. But yeah let's hold Stroud to some impossible standard while there.

I'm a diehard Canes fan, but what I'm starting to get is a racial undertone when it comes to bags... Why is this term "Bags" only being applied to Black Players? Especially when it comes to Black Players who have a Father in the home, so they probably don't even need the money. Can a Father/Black Parents not want what's best for their kids, so financially they'll be set in the future?

You're really a dreadful poster.

I’m a grad and if you look at my post since joining this site from the beginning I’m pro um. I’ve cheered for our team since 1986. However our administration was a sleep at the wheel and we are still paying for it. This is just like Jeff Thomas with richt, I do believe that if we win next year with manny the young man would come back into the mix. Show me you going to get me to the league, the nfl front runs as well, they recruit from the same schools and our kids play but at cheap salaries, on the whole!

Advertisement
Kid was basically the class ambassador and bolts for no legit reason. What changed? Obviously, they are getting new advice from somewhere and by the looks of it, it doesn’t seem to be that sound. Maybe he will wind up grey shirting at Bama....
[/QUOTE]

Yes he was an ambassador - up until the first day he took that bus trip.

Probably what an earlier poster said: Sounds like a disjointed family situation if there is a divorce pending. Mom was the parent involved and then Dad stepped in and decided to run things......

I have yet to figure out why coaches don't recruit the entire family. Dad makes some valid points from a parent and fan perspective. Everyone wants to be recruited from the members of the family and the players. Give them all some attention.

Win and he is in. Plain and simple.

Rell we can't be that selective our program don't ring bells like that anymore. We be selective and still get left with our **** in our hand.. I feel like consistent years of winning the coastal and winning that mess not falling into it.

I agree; however we don’t have to “settle” either. How often have we heard of Randy’s specials or Golden’s specials?? Lol. We can’t have a roster full of that either; that depleted our depth.

Appreciate your humility good sir, but @RVACane you too are doing the Lord's work on gayturds tears thread. In fact your sacrifice may be the biggest sacrifice of all, submitting your brilliant brain cells to such ignorance and stupidity for the sake of us all. Your like those that went into Chernobyl to save the rest of us (Finished watching the mini-series on HBO it is fantastic)

Anywho yes to the credit you gave, but you are on that Mount Rushmore as well my man
9AF708B6-A0F7-4476-9438-690C1120AC26.gif

Advertisement
Back