Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The death penalty would soon follow b/c those MFers definitely choose who they decide to go after.

And with the unloyalty down here for the home team by recruits, handlers, HS coaches, media etc... we would get exposed in a heartbeat.

So unless the FBI or IRS get involved and take down a Baga, UbaGA or Clem$on (not Ole Mi$$) and scare the **** out of these bag schools, don’t ever expect to sign enough elite players to ever win another NC.

The only reason we dominated college football was the unmatched elite talent we had stacked that were mostly underrated (very few 5stars) south FL guys only we knew about.

Then early 2000s sites like Rivals and Scout started putting a spotlight on those underrated elite kids we would clean up on that would make up the meat of our roster.

We will never have that again, b/c the nation’s bag schools wanted to emulate what we created.

And how do they get these elite kids to leave their family, friends, community and team they grew up rooting for?

Offer them so much money it makes their head spin.

Those 3 schools have way better coaching, more resources, incredible shadow booster systems etc...

An NC goes through them, so how are we going to beat them with the only thing that would separate us and give us the edge (the elite local kids staying home) leaving the state every cycle?

As depressed as it makes me to admit it, I fully believe the way college football recruiting has gotten, we will never win another NC.

A little private school should have never owned college football for 2 decades, but we did.

It will never happen again.

I'm calling bullsh@t on this. We never recruited and got a strangle hold on the "elite" talent in So Fla. The truly elite from So Fla were known nationally going back to the 60's. You can field a HOF all star team of Dade country kids that didn't go to UM. The first "national recruit" I remember getting was Lester Williams. The "State of Miami" was more of a goal for Howard than a destination that we've ever achieved.

The star whores forget how we made our mark. We're fortunately in an area with a large pool of three star and low four star talent. We became by knowing our home recruiting area better than anyone else, having superior evaluations, and developing them. That was Howard's, JJ's and Butch's MO. Once they got on top, they were then able to sell UM to 5*'s but they still couldn't get all of them. The last 15 years has proven until we return to our "proven formula", we're only spinning our wheels.

Advertisement
D$ in here like:

I have no problem with the kid decommiting but nobody can defend the I am miami, everything about me is miami comment lolololol
I don't think anyone's defending it. It was over the top. However, most don't seem to be reacting to how he left but just that he left...and they're taking it very personal, calling for people's head a what not.

Ok, fam. You have to understand man, I can’t control a kid and tell him where to go. I love UM, and I love my kids. Have to let him and the family decide what’s best, UM is still open for him.

I get it brother. But I’m serious, when you run I will volunteer to help. Good luck

Advertisement
I'm calling bullsh@t on this. We never recruited and got a strangle hold on the "elite" talent in So Fla. The truly elite from So Fla were known nationally going back to the 60's. You can field a HOF all star team of Dade country kids that didn't go to UM. The first "national recruit" I remember getting was Lester Williams. The "State of Miami" was more of a goal for Howard than a destination that we've ever achieved.

The star whores forget how we made our mark. We're fortunately in an area with a large pool of three star and low four star talent. We became by knowing our home recruiting area better than anyone else, having superior evaluations, and developing them. That was Howard's, JJ's and Butch's MO. Once they got on top, they were then able to sell UM to 5*'s but they still couldn't get all of them. The last 15 years has proven until we return to our "proven formula", we're only spinning our wheels.
Re read what I wrote.

No **** we never got the elites.

Those underrated studs made up the meat of our roster.

And we are landing less and less of those guys.

There is now a spotlight on south FL like never before with camps all year round.

The recruiting sites and the internet killed Canes football about as much as Shalala.

We always had the local knowledge of the best kids even if they weren’t the blue chip guys everyone in the nation knew about.

Sean Taylor was a 3star I believe.

If he was coming out now, he would 100% be a 5star and would get bagged up by UbaGA just like $tevenson and James Williams will be.

… but they weren't. And I believe that's the point. Anyone that saw Joe Jackson as a freshman, would have sworn he was on the fast track to be an All American and a high draft pick. Now, we mostly remember his limitations and that he left too early to overcome them (which were always there from the beginning).
That was my whole point in saying that five of them were coachable traits.

Re read what I wrote.

No **** we never got the elites.

Those underrated studs made up the meat of our roster.

And we are landing less and less of those guys.

There is now a spotlight on south FL like never before with camps all year round.

The recruiting sites and the internet killed Canes football about as much as Shalala.

We always had the local knowledge of the best kids even if they weren’t the blue chip guys everyone in the nation knew about.

Sean Taylor was a 3star I believe.

If he was coming out now, he would 100% be a 5star and would get bagged up by UbaGA just like $tevenson and James Williams will be.

IMO the camps had more to do with it than the internet and recruiting sites.. It showcased their talent earlier. Otherwise the internet and recruiting sites would have nothing to write about. A case in point is the above mentioned Sean Taylor (that everyone likes to bring up). He went to a small prep school, Butch knew about him and locked him up. Then he blew up his last year. By October of his senior year every body knew about him, but it was too late.

Back then I don't think people flipped late in the process like they do now either that or Butch was better at keeping them in the fold.

Advertisement
Ok, fam. You have to understand man, I can’t control a kid and tell him where to go. I love UM, and I love my kids. Have to let him and the family decide what’s best, UM is still open for him.

So would you say we still have a chance to sign him?

He said he wants to win a national championship and go to the next level. We've been losing for 15 years and our guys are getting drafted too low. People don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

This one is simple to me. He wants to be here but he won't commit until he is confident in Miami's future. If we win and get momentum, guys like this will be jumping in the boat. It's not always about bags.
People keep saying this but how does all this winning happening these kids won't come here? Clemson, Bama, OU and others had down time too but kids like this were enticed with the bags and then said schools began to turn the tide. Miami isn't given nearly as much consideration of margin for error. The bag game just can't be beat, the NCAA will keep us eternally under the microscope while seeing to it certain other schools are allowed free reign to drop as much cash as they want. The winning don't happen without the players and the best players AIN'T coming without getting that cash. Period.

Exactly. People think that all of these kids that go into college are on the same scale. Some are just more gifted athletically. JJ wasn't going to get drafted based on pure athleticism. It was what was between the ears and that's why he'll be solid going forward.

If JJ went to Clemson or Bama and put up his numbers he would have been drafted 1st no later than second

@DMoney, I have always respected your football knowledge and opinions here on CanesInSight, but this time I gotta disagree.

The kid went from being our most “loyal and committed” recruit, trying to recruit other top guys to come with him, to essentially shytting on the U that he supposedly loves, by obliterating them on Twitter and saying that he wants to play for a National Championship and get drafted high.

That is exactly where my biggest problem with him lies. Even if you feel this way, you don’t put it out there for every other top recruit to see and be influenced by. This just reeks of bytch @$$ness. He should’ve just said that he was re-opening up his recruitment to make sure that it was an informed decision.

By posting what he did to Twitter, he just repeated the same tired **** that Baga, Clempson and UGA have been using to negatively recruit against us for years, and he did it all of his own will. **** is disgusting, low rent, and definitely not something that anyone that is really “Miami” would ever do to the U.

Advertisement
Ya I been saying this. I know bag talk is the new thing or whatever but I’m telling you we win and start consistently getting our name in the playoff talks Miami has so much potential to be booming just these 7-6 seasons ain’t gonna cut it . PRIME EXAMPLE. 2018 recruiting class. We balled that year and pulled a lot of guys in. Even if we just get in the playoffs and lose the first game kids are gonna jump on our boat . We got everything kids want but actually winning.
And how do we win if these kids won't come here? People keep doubting and clowning the bag game but the bag game is WHOOPING our *** on the recruiting front. Say whatever but as long as these other schools are allowed to cheat in plain sight and get away with it while the NCAA maintains a laser intense gaze on us this just ain't gonna change.

This is one of Miami’s biggest problems. Harris has no one he can point to and say, “I want to be that guy.”

These other schools have produced college superstars who go first round. We haven’t done that in years.

Manny hasn’t produced a superstar in his time here.

What’s your thoughts on that? We can only hope Enos And his band of nobody’s get kids drafted in the 1st bc it ain’t happening defensively.

This staff needs a major upgrade

For anyone saying the "he wants to win championships" comment means something you're living in lala land. When a player is all Miami, literally every day talking about the school and trying to recruit other players publicly until today, then you sound dumb and ignorant. That might hurt your feelings, but need to call a spade a spade when you're that ignorant. You just sound dumb.

Advertisement
The comment about talent gap is 💯 and making the endings to college football seasons boring and predictable
Bingo! Look at college football attendance is declining all over the country. There are like 6 programs in the country that will be in the playoffs every year and only two of them Bama and Clemson actually have a legitimate shot at winning.

IMO the camps had more to do with it than the internet and recruiting sites.. It showcased their talent earlier. Otherwise the internet and recruiting sites would have nothing to write about. A case in point is the above mentioned Sean Taylor (that everyone likes to bring up). He went to a small prep school, Butch knew about him and locked him up. Then he blew up his last year. By October of his senior year every body knew about him, but it was too late.

Back then I don't think people flipped late in the process like they do now either that or Butch was better at keeping them in the fold.
And who throws a lot of those camps?

Rivals.com, 247 etc...

There are also Nike and Adidas camps, and 7 on 7 tournaments and other colleges setting up satellite camps down here now, but it all started with the recruiting sites camps.

Other than being the local team, why should he commit here?

The other schools he could go to, any top school in the country, has done more lately.

People and their bags excuse. They don't need no bags, they just need to keep in the national championship conversation while we're on the struggle bus. We need to show them that we can be about that **** too. Watch what happens if we get on board that train.

Some dumbass people around here who can't be objective whith their thoughts. Real talk.

it's getting to the point where I seriously don't think the kids understand why they are committing, and why they de-commit...Like both are the cool thing to do and the way it's supposed to be done in South Florida.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back