Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those teams will also open the season as the Top 3 teams in the country.

Here's two questions for the bag crowd:

(1) If bags are everything, why isn't Tennessee stealing our recruits? They pay as much as anyone.

(2) Take bags out of the equation. Why should a kid pick Miami over Alabama and Clemson, aside from hometown pride? Give me one objective reason.

Of course kids are getting paid. But Miami lost to FIVE schools last season who don't pay and don't sign Top 25 classes. We haven't given these kids any reason to believe in us. That is what needs to change.

There are two sides of this. 1 bags obviously exist and when all things are equal they are a huge factor. However, like you are saying, bags are not the reason Miami is losing out. People don't want to go to a team that is filled with second rate position coaches, no NY6 bowl wins in a long time, and barley any kids that get drafted in the 1st round in recent years.

Advertisement
So how about we put private investigators on the decision makers in both Harris and Williams families.

Follow them around and you will expose the bag man.

This **** is just getting ridiculous.

These big bag schools lick their chops when they see an elite kid committed to us, b/c they know we ain’t doing ****.

We’ve sold hope before. Look at the 2008 class, or 2012.

After 15 years, the goodwill erodes. We need to win.

Who is "WE"? Not Manny.

I get it, you can't say "next year" indefinitely.

But every team that cycles through a bad coach or two needs someone new to come in and make that change. AND NOT TO ACT LIKE A PVSSY BY TELLING RECRUITS THAT THEY UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE CHOOSING THE CURRENT #1 OR #2 PROGRAMS OVER MIAMI.

Every. Single. Time. That a coach turns around a program, he needs a recruiting class or two to BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE. You can't establish "we need to win" without newer and better recruits than what you had before.

We need to find 4 and 5 star blue chip kids who believe in what Manny is saying and doing, not a bunch of entitled prima donnas who want to join and "already-in-progress" 11-win-per-regular-season juggernaut.

I am not passing judgement on this kid. But when he committed to Miami early, we thought we had the former and not the latter. He is certainly good enough to choose Alabama or Clemson, so if that's what he wanted, he could have made that decision months ago.

What's Nick Saban's record as a head coach? What's Manny's?

You guys are dealing in hope and emotion. I'm the same way. Just listen to my preseason podcasts. But the facts are what they are. We haven't given any kid born in 2001 any reason to believe in Miami.
D Money keeps making this same point and it applies to the elite kids who never really consider us to begin with, but it doesn't really apply to the kids that de-commit because all of those issues were present when they originally committed. He counters with "You're saying bags are everything," but nobody is actually saying bags are everything. But, when kids are committed and proclaim themselves as the ambassador and then de-commit immediately after visiting a top school, it isn't ONLY because they put kids in the NFL at a higher rate than we do or because we haven't given any kid a reason to believe in Miami since 2001. Those are excuses. Our current coaching staff hasn't been in place since 2001.

Donnell should do whatever he wants. It's his life. His decision. Won't impact me. I'm humored at how myopic D is being on this and how unwilling he is showing himself to acknowledge bags are a problem. Not the only problem. But a problem nonetheless.

So according to what you are saying Howard should have never won the NC back in '83!?

That is completely different. Howard figured out a new demographic to target and completely changed the way the game has been played. He went into the hood and was scooping up all these kids like no other coach before him has done. If Manny can figured out a completely new tactic for recruiting than he can do that too.

Advertisement
You guys need to wake up and realize this kid in his lifetime hasn't seen miami play in the playoffs let alone the national championship. Along with that he has seen kids from around this area get up leave win and go the nfl. What does miami truly have to offer a kid from this area other than playing in front of family. I would say if miami wins out the regular season this kid comes back in the class. We are not in the position to blow kids like him off. He has every right to decommit
Had he seen us before he committed and reclassified?

You guys always wanna place bags with kids.

Yeah it happens, and sometimes that's the determining factor, but we also haven't been the IT team for a long time.

Most of these kids grew up seeing these SEC teams winning.

It's just like hating on Jeudy, Ridley, etc. They went to be THE guy at a school that is constantly in the playoffs and playing for national championships.

These other little bowl games aren't worth anything.

How many times have we seen (and the recruits seen) a bunch of kids try to stay home and bring it back, only to see the same results?

Advertisement
This is what I think will happen. And the people in this thread will suddenly have a higher opinion of Harris's maturity and character.

I don’t recall having said a single personal thing about this specific recruit, or his character. I don’t think people should be even commenting to them on social media because that’s counterproductive anyway.

But I’m not backing down on what I think is happening with the best of the best recruits. It’s not going make any difference if we win 10 11 12 games this year or next year or the year after.

Will we sign more and better recruits? Of course we will. But there’s a top level of recruiting that you have to achieve nowadays to get to the top, and to do that, you have to have compete against bags.

Jesus Christ, by THAT STANDARD, Jimmy Johnson should never have told recruits "You can come to Miami and win or you can go somewhere else and lose to Miami."

Instead, JJ SHOULD HAVE told recruits that they had a better chance of winning a national championship by picking Nebraska or Oklahoma or Penn State or Alabama or Clemson or Georgia or Southern Cal.
this was the dumbest comeback :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That is completely different. Howard figured out a new demographic to target and completely changed the way the game has been played. He went into the hood and was scooping up all these kids like no other coach before him has done. If Manny can figured out a completely new tactic for recruiting than he can do that too.
Times may have been different, but what's to say that Manny can't/won't be able to develop/establish a strategy/tactic that will set a precedence just like Howard did during his time?

(2) Take bags out of the equation. Why should a kid pick Miami over Alabama and Clemson, aside from hometown pride? Give me one objective reason.
Academic prestige for life after football, better weather, better city. Same reason you still choose to attend USC/UCLA while they are down.

Advertisement
This is what I think will happen. And the people in this thread will suddenly have a higher opinion of Harris's maturity and character.
You are dreaming DMoney.

This South FL $ellout is going to the highest bidder between Baga, Clem$on and UbaGA.

It’s almost laughable at this point.

College football is getting more boring each year with the same teams at the top b/c they are pretty much allowd to cheat and nobody will do a thing about it.

No, we'll have replaced him by then. ... and my opinion of him is that he is a kid that wasn't even willing to stick to his class to watch the season play out. He could have handled his business behind closed doors, told the coaches his concerns, and either lock-in or decommitted in late October. You're too easy on the kid, D.

D Money keeps making this same point and it applies to the elite kids who never really consider us to begin with, but it doesn't really apply to the kids that de-commit because all of those issues were present when they originally committed. He counters with "You're saying bags are everything," but nobody is actually saying bags are everything. But, when kids are committed and proclaim themselves as the ambassador and then de-commit immediately after visiting a top school, it isn't ONLY because they put kids in the NFL at a higher rate than we do or because we haven't given any kid a reason to believe in Miami since 2001. Those are excuses. Our current coaching staff hasn't been in place since 2001.

Donnell should do whatever he wants. It's his life. His decision. Won't impact me. I'm humored at how myopic D is being on this and how unwilling he is showing himself to acknowledge bags are a problem. Not the only problem. But a problem nonetheless.
Why are you taking the word of a then 15 year old as gospel?

As they become juniors and seniors the attention starts ratcheting up from the OOS schools and their perspective on things start changing.

Advertisement
Times may have been different, but what's to say that Manny can't/won't be able to develop/establish a strategy/tactic that will set a precedence just like Howard did during his time?

That is exactly what I said. If Manny can somehow figure out some sort of game changing recruiting strategy than he too can do what Howard did. However, the odds of that happening are very very very slim.

31 pages for a 2021 decommit, lol. Yet Chaney gets his bump to 5 stars and he gets 4 pages.

Kid better hope he has a spot left when we beat Florida and run the table in the Coastal, are Top 10 going into the ACCCG. And Garvin and Hill both go Top 3 rounds.
He’s a 2020 commit now. He reclassified first then de committed. That’s the type of ppl we’re dealing with smh.

@DMoney the first round pick aspect of your argument is trash. The NFL finds talent wherever it is. For example:
2018-pick 5 Chubb NcState, pick 14 Davenport UTSA, pick 15 Miller UCLA, 20 ragnow arkansas, 24 Moore Maryland .....not to mention 2 guys from VT, and players from Wyoming,Boise st, Washington, USCe, San Diego state, UcF, Louisville......

You will be a first rounder if you ball out period.

31 pages for a 2021 decommit, lol. Yet Chaney gets his bump to 5 stars and he gets 4 pages.

Kid better hope he has a spot left when we beat Florida and run the table in the Coastal, are Top 10 going into the ACCCG. And Garvin and Hill both go Top 3 rounds.

Ya I am sure he will begging for us to let him de commit from Clemson after they murder us in the ACCCG. Also, our 2 DL in the first 3 rounds is going to be so much better than Clemsons 3 DL getting drafted in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back