Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I really do hope we have 2 ten win seasons. I really do.
We need this nonsense to stop. The nonsense being mf’ers believing this sht has nothing g to do with bags.
Kirby went 8-5. And got beat by Florida vandi and Georgia tech. But still signed a ridiculous class. Despite inheriting a 10-3 team from CMR.
We go 10-2 and dudes will point out how the loss to. BC or FSU as the reason we can’t put it all together.
The suckeyes with Urban lost to Purdue and have arguably just as much talent as uga and bama but again they get a pass. Any top team is allowed to drop a game cause “hey it’s football” any given Saturday right?
Everyone gets a pass except us. We have to somehow prove something that no other school has to prove. We have to prove that we can win at least 10-11 games for idk how many seasons with less talent than Kirby, saban or Dabo before sofla 5 stars stay home.
Urban didn’t have to prove why he didn’t make the layoffs for 3 years and kept dropping games against schools with les talent. He would still be coaching and landing too 3 classes if his boy didn’t belong to the slap a ho tribe.
Too much parity and talent and coaching outside the top 5-6 teams to say your gonna beat the rest of the top 25 consistently.
And that will be the problem cause losing that game or two will be the excuse kids need to say “well Miami ain’t there yet.

The 21 class has enough talent for Miami to “be there” and then some. You know **** well he knows it.

We can’t Phukn win when the other schools are allowed to buy the best players in the “Private School” hotbed and force us to play against them with lesser talents. It’s impossible and the NCAA will never stop this unfair advantage bc they have a deal with espn worth billions.
Look I get it, but it we can't beat Duke, UNC, Pitt, Ga. Tech, Virginia and Virginia Tech on a regular basis. What's the unfair advantage they have over us?

Advertisement
Has the fact that Miami has been mediocre for a majority of the last 15 years made a negative impact on potential recruits? Of course. I get it if a kid doesn't want to play here because we've been pretty average for a long time. However, if your #1 priority is playing for a title contender, don't commit to Miami first. Don't even bother visiting or talking to the coaches is your priority is the fastest path to a natty.

How's DMoney right? If it's in terms of winning a national title, then yeah, Clemson or Bama is obviously the way to go. But it looks like he may be going to UGA. What have they won?

In terms of getting drafted, that's where DMoney's getting absolutely filleted. Because you don't have to go to either of the aforementioned schools to be in the 1st round. You just have to be that talented, with the proper development.

DMoney's literally campaigning for elite kids to not come to Miami. If you're okay with that, then I can't help you.

Let me preface by saying that I know bags are involved. But let's pretend they weren't.

If he goes to Georgia, which I believe he will, that's def a harder argument to make than Bama or Clemson. But they have done better and been closer getting to the playoffs than we have. I don't feel like pulling up Draft stats, but I'd be willing to bet Georgia has been more successful in that department than we have as of late as well.

There's also no argument that our player development has not been up to par either. Especially when you consider the resume/track record of Georgia's HC as a DC under Saban with significant success in that department. I think we've been doing good developing or DLine talent lately. But I can't see a reasonable argument being made against choosing Georgia with the proven success of player development that Kirby has when compared to our staff, especially considering we are on our third Line coach in 3 years.

I agree with you that certain talents can get to the first round regardless of school/coach. BUT, that doesn't mean going to certain schools doesn't improve your chances. Kids benefit by being on those teams and are regarded slightly higher by simply being associated with certain schools or coaches. There has to be at least a few kids that have been taken in the first that wouldn't have been otherwise. If your goal was to make the safer choice, which some kids prefer, you're saying you would still pick UM?

Not gonna go through and read all 26 pages but the rumor is the bag is 400k+ big right now. Could be a larger bid coming soon.

400k+?!?! **** i not even mad about losing him if that is the starting bag bid.

Advertisement
I hear you @DMoney and I agree with a lot of your views. You saying "just win" is absolutely correct yet a lot of our fans will harp on one 10-3 season when that's not how it works. When you follow that up with 6 losses, and in the manner that we did, all of that momentum from 2017 diminishes. That showed that there is no consistency and causes a lack of trust in the media, fans, and eventually trickles down to recruits.

For as much crap as we talk about UGA, they've finished top 10 the last two seasons. If you don't think that holds weight then I don't know what to tell you. You can't get upset with kids that want to go to the perennial top 10 teams that are consistently In the hunt and as opposed to a school that consistently underachieves.

With all of that being said, spare me the "He experienced different schools" and "School A and B produce better talent than Miami" rhetoric. The misuse of talent has been apparent for the last 15 years as you so carefully put it. If you want to win NCs and you know that Miami hasn't been close, why stay committed? Somehow the official visits miraculously opened up his eyes that there are more options and that Bama, Clemson, UGA, and Miami are now his top schools AND he's reclassifying? None of this adds up considering his visits aren't even over with. If he would have completed the camps and all of his visits in let's say August and made this move I would be able to look at this objectively. Timing is very odd is all I'll say.

I think we are going to beat Florida, become the hottest program in the country, sign Donnell Harris and get James Williams to recommit.

But that hasn’t happened yet.
I can guarantee you that even if we beat UF and went undefeated during the regular seasons and lost in the playoffs that still neither of those two will recommit....

Has the fact that Miami has been mediocre for a majority of the last 15 years made a negative impact on potential recruits? Of course. I get it if a kid doesn't want to play here because we've been pretty average for a long time. However, if your #1 priority is playing for a title contender, don't commit to Miami first. Don't even bother visiting or talking to the coaches is your priority is the fastest path to a natty.
I don't know what his rationale was for committing but he was a Soph. at the time. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he loved the school at the time and was loving the idea of staying home and playing for his city. Then he starts meeting with other coaches and they start showing him FACTS about what our program has been the last 15 years and the doubt starts creeping in about whether or not Miami is the best place for him. Teenagers aren't hard to persuade.

Advertisement
Look I get it, but it we can't beat Duke, UNC, Pitt, Ga. Tech, Virginia and Virginia Tech on a regular basis. What's the unfair advantage they have over us?
I wonder why? Y’all keep on with that Duke bs. That was their first win in like 5-6 years. What’s on a regular? Their first win in Miami since 1974, I wasn’t even living, that’s not a regular basis? VT doesn’t have bag men all up and down their recruiting hotbed. Those schools buy all the b-ball players, ****, they let everybody buy kids but we can’t even buy them Phukn dinner.

Advertisement
I don't know what his rationale was for committing but he was a Soph. at the time. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he loved the school at the time and was loving the idea of staying home and playing for his city. Then he starts meeting with other coaches and they start showing him FACTS about what our program has been the last 15 years and the doubt starts creeping in about whether or not Miami is the best place for him. Teenagers aren't hard to persuade.
I have no doubt that teenagers can change their mind very easily. However, if you believe that this kid needed other coaches to tell him Miami hasn't been good for a while, I've got some property to sell you. Local kid, grew up a Miami fan. He's aware that the program hasn't been setting the world on fire for quite some time.

This sucks because Harris is supposed to be the leader of the class. Some leader...

So would I. Y’all are missing the point. We still missed out on the best of best from SFL. Winning doesn’t matter to them, they just don’t wanna come here
The ones we missed pretty much all signed in February after we had lost 3 games in a row in pretty pitiful fashion. One season isn't going to do it. It will take a few years to really change the perception and culture around this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back