Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 4 is probably UM, UGA, Bama and Clemson. This 3 are already after elite DE's and may actually already be full for the 20' cycle. Will be interesting how that effects his decision.

Al we can do is continue to recruit him and win this season....Hopefully we get him back on campus soon and for Paradise camp.

Advertisement
Top 4 is probably UGA, Bama and Clemson. This 3 are already after elite DE's and may actually already be full for the 20' cycle. Will be interesting how that effects his decision.

Al we can do is continue to recruit him and win this season....Hopefully we get him back on campus soon and for Paradise camp.
Yeah clemson has already turned down a 5 star de. Bama has 20 commits already with a list of guys for their last 5 spots. People filling up fast but I think Uga May be the biggest influence in all of this

Factual? I don't think you understand what that word means.

The bottom line is this: you guys thought Donnell Harris was gonna be Duke or Don. The 5-Star that loves his city his team and his situation here so much that he could never waver. He's not. I'm as ****ed as you are that he claims he's MIAMI in a f*cking decommit letter, thats pure BS. But the reality is that everything DMoney is saying makes perfect sense. We're good enough to win 10 games every year and yet we've only done it once in over 15 years, how are we supposed to pitch that we a national championship caliber team right now?

Again, I'm not saying that we won't be. We should win 10 games this year and next year and then we'll land these 5 star kids. But they need to see it to believe it, because we've been spewing this sh*t forever

Because it would not matter how many games we won when you’re fighting against something that has nothing to do with winning games and winning championships.

Would we get more and better recruits if we were winning more? Of course. But the top level recruits, give me a break. If you don’t know what’s going on there you’re naïve as fūck

Advertisement
I want him to come here. I'm an emotional message board poster.

But nobody has given me a logical reason, "hometown school" aside, why he should pick Miami over Clemson and Bama. There is none, right now.

That's the irony. Grown men blow these kids up with insults on Twitter and then call them "immature" for making logical decisions.

110% correct and you know that, that's why you keep hammering on this point. But you're also smarter than that. Draft rankings, team prestige, etc. have all been steady over the past year. The thing you are not addressing is what suddenly changed in past couple months. The answer is nothing.

So your saying Manny has nothing to offer a highly ranked prospect on the defensive side of the ball? We just can't seem to put out any decent successful DEs?

There is NO way you can sell me that at THIS particular position...no way. DT? sure....maybe even linebacker lately...but DE? No way...this is ALLLLL about payday.

UM

What round was JJ drafted? Donell wants to go 1st. If he plays decently at Clemson, Alabama and even UGA, the 1st round is guaranteed. If he plays at JJ’s level or even better at Miami, the 1st round isn’t guaranteed. That is the reality we live with until we begin to win (even dominate) and the NFL begins to value our players.

Top 4 is probably UGA, Bama and Clemson. This 3 are already after elite DE's and may actually already be full for the 20' cycle. Will be interesting how that effects his decision.

Bama and UGA will have no problem processing kids to land Harris. This is an easy 3 and out kid.

They'll fit him in.

Advertisement
14 pages of People complaining about Dmoney's take without one person providing an argument to prove him wrong. Yall really let your emotions come before your brains
Because it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The kids say the "love" Miami but choose to go where they know they have the easy path to a playoff appearance (and yes, absolutely, bags). The reason we aren't the easy path to the playoffs is because they don't come here. Given the talent level in SFL for recruits, if every year 5 of the top 10 recruits in the area came to Miami, we would be in the playoffs almost every year. But we aren't, because they all run for the exits to find the easiest, path with the quickest payday.

You are making my argument for me. We have the most active NFL players at DE without a first rounder. What does that tell you? We are taking talented players and making them look worse.

I agree that things have been better recently. But during that time period, Alabama and Georgia have been winning championships and pumping out multiple DL first rounders.

If you take emotion out of it, as of June 2019, he should go to Clemson. The beauty of football is that we have time to change that.
So how did Kirby smart real in such a great class he went 8-5 his first year and had the number 3 class in the country
And how many 5 star Dline has UGA not had drafted? There are a few of them, but according to D money UGA is winning championships and putting all their guys in the 1st round. No one and i mean no one gives more traitors a platform or defends traitors and people who **** on our team more than Dmoney

Advertisement
As much as this pains me, I do agree with D Money on this. If you are looking at this as a business decision and exclude emotion, it is hard for the kid to choose Miami overs Clemson, Alabama or UGA. We have to win, become relevant again. If he were my son, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I could choose Miami. His goals are simple, win a Natty, and get drafted in the 1st round. We can’t reasonably guarantee either.
Winning a "Natty" on the backs of others isn't that great of an accomplishment. That's exactly the problem with these kids, and many in society today. They don't want to make a winner, they just want to latch on to one so they can say they are a winner too.

Advertisement
It's a fair assessment and I'd agree, if he decommitted back in January. What's changed between then and now aside from him taking visits?

At the end of the day, I think every kid should take visits, and yes, we have to prove it on the field, that's a given. But let's not pretend these decommitments are only about product on the field especially given dubious timing.
Back in January he was a 2021 kid. Now that he has reclassified as a 2020 kid, he obviously lost a year. Lost a year to see how Miami does & how they compete. Lost a year to take visits and play the game if that's what he wanted to do. That is what changed.

Georgia had actually produced Top 10 teams during those kids' lifetimes.
You're moving the goalposts. Is it top 10 teams or winning Natty's and being drafted 1st round. ONly two teams of the last 5 years can say that, but yet teams like UGA are killing it because why? There's actual DATA to back up the fact that their corch blew 2 great shots at winning a natty, but don't let that get in your way

When was the last time we went undefeated? How was our recruiting class?

This isn't complicated. People say, "We've been getting burned by these types of kids for years!" No ****. We've been a dumpster fire for years. Those two things are related.

If Manny beats UF and we win double-digit games, we will have a monster class. If we get the same old performance on the field, we will get the same old results in recruiting.
if you are a kid thats in hs, miami has sucked since you were born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back