Donell Harris Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson ain’t Turning first rounders out on defense lol besides Vick Beasley and who Shaq Lawson ? Name somebody else ? Matter fact name a Clemson DE that’s balling in the league right now ?
None Vic Beasley had one good year and has been average after that. Only players in the league balling like that for them is Deandre Hopkins and Watson and that’s about it

Advertisement
As a fan I agree. However, for most of these kids it's a business. Their family's future could be at stake depending if they make the league. Sometimes it's not about makin the crib great, it's about setting your family up for the future... In more ways than one.
The top 3 rounds of the NFL draft is full of players from teams that aren't Alabama, Clemson, UGA, and LSU. A top player is a top player. Even players from Group of 5 conferences, and FCS, get drafted in the first round. This is about recruits looking for the quick handout and the easy road.

Oh you mean they had top 10 teams with Mark Richt...….oh the irony. So they didn't come here and play for the guy who had those teams, but instead went to play for a guy who hadnt proven sht....Your whole argument is we havent won in years. Kirby a few years ago when he was starting to get these kids was 0-0. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Kirby was a first time HC at UGA who was 0-0. Still landed a top 3 recruiting class. Went 8-5 his first year and underachieved. Followed it up with arguably the most talented recruiting class ever beating out Nick Saban (his old boss).

But Manny's 0-0 and has to prove something. That's the end of this argument.

Advertisement
The first step getting the most out of what we have. We've underachieved for 15 years.

Clemson and Alabama got the most out of what they had. Then they got better players.

I agree with you on Clemson, but as soon as Saban showed up at Bama, the flood gates opened up for their recruiting. What were they doing before that?

Maybe we just need better "benefits".

None Vic Beasley had one good year and has been average after that. Only players in the league balling like that for them is Deandre Hopkins and Watson and that’s about it
Facts I know because the Falcons are my team ...should not have picked up his 5th year option smh

Advertisement
He’s getting countered every step of the way with factual counter arguments.

Factual? I don't think you understand what that word means.

The bottom line is this: you guys thought Donnell Harris was gonna be Duke or Don. The 5-Star that loves his city his team and his situation here so much that he could never waver. He's not. I'm as ****ed as you are that he claims he's MIAMI in a f*cking decommit letter, thats pure BS. But the reality is that everything DMoney is saying makes perfect sense. We're good enough to win 10 games every year and yet we've only done it once in over 15 years, how are we supposed to pitch that we a national championship caliber team right now?

Again, I'm not saying that we won't be. We should win 10 games this year and next year and then we'll land these 5 star kids. But they need to see it to believe it, because we've been spewing this sh*t forever

I would just be happy to see "this guy loves Miami" "bleeds orange and green" all that bs go away until they're actually on the field for us.

Advertisement
When was the last time we went undefeated? How was our recruiting class?

This isn't complicated. People say, "We've been getting burned by these types of kids for years!" No ****. We've been a dumpster fire for years. Those two things are related.

If Manny beats UF and we win double-digit games, we will have a monster class. If we get the same old performance on the field, we will get the same old results in recruiting.
Having a monster class is not the same as getting the Elite south Florida kids. Just like the '18 class, it was very good, with great players but Cambell, Surtain, and many others all leave

Georgia has produced twice as many first rounders as we have since 2012. They've finished Top 10 four times. We haven't finished Top 10 once, and usually finish unranked.

We haven’t had many first rounders in the last 10 years because we haven’t recruited top talent that could be developed into first rounders. None of the guys that did get drafted in the last 10 years would’ve gone any higher had they gone to one of the other schools.

This theme that you’ve been developing in the last year or so about us not developing talent is pure nonsense. With the exception of Golden and his weight obsession, you have to have a certain level of talent to get developed to be a higher draft choice. We just simply haven’t had that level of talent.

Advertisement
As much as this pains me, I do agree with D Money on this. If you are looking at this as a business decision and exclude emotion, it is hard for the kid to choose Miami overs Clemson, Alabama or UGA. We have to win, become relevant again. If he were my son, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I could choose Miami. His goals are simple, win a Natty, and get drafted in the 1st round. We can’t reasonably guarantee either.

We are agreeing on the business decision part, that's what the money is all about.

Apparently he was at Clemson's camp yesterday, right? He has held that national championship caliber offer (along with UGA and Alabaga) for a loooong time now. What changed besides his undying love for UM? I wonder.....

D Money always make excuses, Williams excuse, Now Harris excuses...Start calling what it is..2 face SF kids.

What's more damning for us is both had adults convincing them to decommit and "look at their options". In most cases these kids love what Miami has to offer but it's the adults who see a payday that are influencing these decisions.

Kirby was a first time HC at UGA who was 0-0. Still landed a top 3 recruiting class. Went 8-5 his first year and underachieved. Followed it up with arguably the most talented recruiting class ever beating out Nick Saban (his old boss).

But Manny's 0-0 and has to prove something. That's the end of this argument.
Manny wasn't under saban. Kirby can walk in living rooms and drop 3 or 4 rings on the table. All these kids see is he is from bama. You see recruits say that about enos and he was there just for a year.

Having a monster class is not the same as getting the Elite south Florida kids. Just like the '18 class, it was very good, with great players but Cambell, Surtain, and many others all leave
We got the one elite kid we NEEDED from that school in Nesta as elite dt recruits hadn’t come often from south Florida and we got him. We fielded a top ranked secondary without those 5 stars or even a single top 200 recruit in the secondary, we will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back