Don Chaney ratings bump

Advertisement
Don Chaney is now a composite 5 star on 247 after the latest bump

Advertisement
Don Chaney is now a composite 5 star on 247 after the latest bump
View attachment 86653

This makes sense considering Rivals had him far lower than the other services prior to today's bump.

ESPN has him at #40 overall
247 has him at #51 overall
And Rivals now has him at #30 overall, after moving him from 89th.

Translation: Dat boy good

I mean I’ll be glad if he gets a five star, but glad for him, because it’s a feather in his cap, but it really doesn’t make any difference to me otherwise.

But the turds, they would be hiring their hillbilly cadre of lawyers to sue and get him rated up to a five star if he was their commit. Those guys are crazily obsessed.
I basically agree with you about how it really doesn't matter...He's the same player 4* or 5 *....

But, in this day and age of rampant social media...I would say that right behind winning, optics are the most important thing to kids....if Canes are winning...and highly rated recruits are signing up for the program....I think our class rank carries at least a decent amount of weight with potential recruits down the road.......

Winning first...then optics....

I basically agree with you about how it really doesn't matter...He's the same player 4* or 5 *....

But, in this day and age of rampant social media...I would say that right behind winning, optics are the most important thing to kids....if Canes are winning...and highly rated recruits are signing up for the program....I think our class rank carries at least a decent amount of weight with potential recruits down the road.......

Yes I agree Cheney is the same player independent of how some subjective ratings service determines whether he’s a four or five. I already know in my mind he’s a five star, find me a better running back I’ll wait.

I do understand what you’re saying, but I am unmoved. I just can’t get excited about it, but like I said before, I do wish it for him, but because I’m sure it’ll be a source of pride for him.

Advertisement

Agree, winning is one thing but not if but when we do look good vs teams that shouldnt hang with us we will be an attractive destination. If we do it two years in a row even bags wont change a kids mind. We have to look good and pass the optics test.....one thing about 2018 bum teams kept it close at times and the loss to pitt hurt. I think we should look good this year

Advertisement
This doesn't really fall in line with the narrative around here of the anti Miami bias amongst the rating services, are you sure Brock?

This doesn't really fall in line with the narrative around here of the anti Miami bias amongst the rating services, are you sure Brock?
Was he not underrated though? that’s been my stance on that with him.

When you have services like 247 saying “there’s only so much higher he can go” mind you he’s only rated #51 by them that makes you go hmmm imo

Last edited:
facts, thing is u have to wait for one of our guys to drop then the complaints will happen. Exactly why this is two pages....the conspiracy guys wont be here but when someone drops and rightfully so they wil complain that everyone wants Miami to suffer.
I think our guys usually for the most part get ranked right especially with late risers and guys who deserve to be ranked ahead IMO. Sometimes they get it wrong but its not about the stats in HS its about projection.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back