Don Chaney goodies

Advertisement
00C42388-841A-46D2-94E1-79866EF424F9.jpeg

Man child at a smaller school that played overall lesser competition. To me he is similar to Robert Burns who had phenomenal highlights too in high school. Let's wait and see. Knighton right now has shown more against stiffer competition. We definitely are stacked though at running back.

Man child at a smaller school that played overall lesser competition. To me he is similar to Robert Burns who had phenomenal highlights too in high school. Let's wait and see. Knighton right now has shown more against stiffer competition. We definitely are stacked though at running back.
Belen Jesuit schedule ain’t been that bad recently, they have played legit teams within the last year. When he played schools with d1 talent on defense he did well as expected given who blocks for him🤷🏾‍♂️. Vs Miami Columbus(had a 60 yard td run called back), cardinal gibbons, gulliver prep, Miami southridge, Miami central and others. And no he’s not similar to burns in regards to anything other than both being elite athletes. Got to remember who He had blocking for him at the end of the day(225 pound lineman if that).

and by the way i love knighton too

Advertisement
Two informal rules here, ya'll:

1. Never post a player's name only in a thread title. We all will assume the he's injured/transferred/died.

2. If you can't do 1., don't post.
Or just name the entire website basketcase clan...because that statement is incredible to say the least.

Belen Jesuit schedule ain’t been that bad recently, they have played legit teams within the last year. When he played schools with d1 talent on defense he did well as expected given who blocks for him🤷🏾‍♂️. Vs Miami Columbus(had a 60 yard td run called back), cardinal gibbons, gulliver prep, Miami southridge, Miami central and others. And no he’s not similar to burns in regards to anything other than both being elite athletes. Got to remember who He had blocking for him at the end of the day(225 pound lineman if that).

and by the way i love knighton too

Yeah, I saw they played some larger schools (and lost) but seemed most of his big highlights came from weaker competition. I understand defenses could just key on him because they did not seem to have much else of an offensive threat.

Not trying to knock the kid he may turn out to be great. Just can't say he will be great yet. I would have to project Knighton given his level of competition and production to be the better prospect right now.

Regardless it's a nice problem to have.

Yeah, I saw they played some larger schools (and lost) but seemed most of his big highlights came from weaker competition. I understand defenses could just key on him because they did not seem to have much else of an offensive threat.

Not trying to knock the kid he may turn out to be great. Just can't say he will be great yet. I would have to project Knighton given his level of competition and production to be the better prospect right now.

Regardless it's a nice problem to have.
He had good ypc in most of the games I listed, again you have to remember the talent those teams have compared to who was blocking for him. Chaney has had plenty of production too and still averaged over 12 ypc while playing those schools(not an easy feat). It don’t matter anyways both play for the Canes, I hope Both do great 🤷🏾‍♂️!

Advertisement
Sean Taylor played overall lesser schools....how'd that turn out??...and he was arguably better than both as a HS RB...

Sean Taylor played overall lesser schools....how'd that turn out??...and he was arguably better than both as a HS RB...

I don't recall people making those same predictions concerning Taylor either. How often does a Sean Taylor come along? But hindsight is always 20/20. That's why I said "wait and see". There are more Buck Ortegas than Sean Taylors

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alex Collins might be a good comparison. I think Collins played against weaker competition but the talent was pretty clear.

I'd say Chaney's talent is on a par with Alex Collins, with a Lamar Miller ceiling. I think any Gore/Mcgahee/Portis comps are too much, but he's a notch above the Dallas/Homer/Walton level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back