Don’t Panic Read Between the Lines

DemCanesByke

Senior
I went back and watched the LSU game even though I thought I couldn’t. Besides the obvious QB change needed. We aren’t as bad as some think. We can make a run with a couple of changes. I put the majority of this game on the coaches we didn’t do the little things and got outcoached. observations:

-Feagles gets touched on the punt that wasn’t blocked he doesnt know to exaggerate the contact. LSU punter does it and gets a penalty.

-Coaches have to be in the refs ears about calls. That was a pass interfearance in the end zone to Hightower. I’m not saying it has to be Richt but Thomas Brown or somebody has to fight for these missed calls. Even in the long throw to Chase we didnt contest the catch. That could have changed the game. Also the roughing the punter and holding willis in the end zone. Stand up for the team and make it obvious.

-O-line wasn’t great but I think some of that was the LSU front being pretty good maybe the best we see all year. I think we should play Nkosi and simplify the playbook. The year jacory got hurt and stephen morris came in we ran the ball more against Va tech. It made morris play decent and made me wonder why we didnt do the same thing for
jacory.

-subbing too much. Dean and Knowles should’t play much at all. Al blades Jr and Ivey turn them loose.

-Shaq was right our boys came out physical!! We matched them. Our boys were even hitting harder. Look how many LSU players were getting hurt in the 1st half. Just stayed on the field way too long. And there is a big dropoff when we sub so much. Play Willis and Ford together not Bethel, Too small.

Gerald Willis is a man child.

Special Teams is embaressing. penalties?? Do we have anyone else to punt??

After watching I felt bad for the defense.

This team can still be really good. Find a QB feed Deejay Dallas, Homer, and jeff thomas. After watching I’m ready to see us get better each week. Win out and we are in.

Advertisement
I went back and watched the LSU game even though I thought I couldn’t. Besides the obvious QB change needed. We aren’t as bad as some think. We can make a run with a couple of changes. I put the majority of this game on the coaches we didn’t do the little things and got outcoached. observations:

-Feagles gets touched on the punt that wasn’t blocked he doesnt know to exaggerate the contact. LSU punter does it and gets a penalty.

-Coaches have to be in the refs ears about calls. That was a pass interfearance in the end zone to Hightower. I’m not saying it has to be Richt but Thomas Brown or somebody has to fight for these missed calls. Even in the long throw to Chase we didnt contest the catch. That could have changed the game. Also the roughing the punter and holding willis in the end zone. Stand up for the team and make it obvious.

-O-line wasn’t great but I think some of that was the LSU front being pretty good maybe the best we see all year. I think we should play Nkosi and simplify the playbook. The year jacory got hurt and stephen morris came in we ran the ball more against Va tech. It made morris play decent and made me wonder why we didnt do the same thing for
jacory.

-subbing too much. Dean and Knowles should’t play much at all. Al blades Jr and Ivey turn them loose.

-Shaq was right our boys came out physical!! We matched them. Our boys were even hitting harder. Look how many LSU players were getting hurt in the 1st half. Just stayed on the field way too long. And there is a big dropoff when we sub so much. Play Willis and Ford together not Bethel, Too small.

This team can still be really good. Find a QB feed Deejay Dallas, Homer, and jeff thomas. After watching I’m ready to see us get better each week. Win out and we are in.
1536362168721.gif

So you just confirmed what Me and a couple others have been saying all week...

PS: Yea, No ****. Why do you think I changed my cool *** avi for?

Some of us actually know what we’re talking about from time to time. Also chill with the playoff talk...let’s see how much the QB change actually improves us first.

Lil add on:

I thought Brevin Jordan was really good with his run blocking and pass blocking. He held up at the point and even made a couple of really nice quick decisions with shooting defenders and made the play. He was tough and He easily could've had 6 receptions for about 60 yards too, but we know that story.

Njoku is intriguing. would like to see more of him and Hightower over Langham. I know he gave us panhandle and GT, but it's hard to not want to see more of those two instead of DL81

thought Redwine played really well. Outside of taking a little bit of a wide angle on 1 run and not playing a better coverage on a pass that was dropped he was solid.

Think we should have Romeo or DSmith in there at all times. I've defended McCloud all the way, but man he has not feel for the game. Romeo was really solid when in there.

For the first time I thought DeeJay really looked like a RB1 kind of guy. He has the best feel and patience at the position. Just wish he had the burst and suddeness of Homer

Lil add on:

I thought Brevin Jordan was really good with his run blocking and pass blocking. He held up at the point and even made a couple of really nice quick decisions with shooting defenders and made the play. He was tough and He easily could've had 6 receptions for about 60 yards too, but we know that story.

Njoku is intriguing. would like to see more of him and Hightower over Langham. I know he gave us panhandle and GT, but it's hard to not want to see more of those two instead of DL81

thought Redwine played really well. Outside of taking a little bit of a wide angle on 1 run and not playing a better coverage on a pass that was dropped he was solid.

Think we should have Romeo or DSmith in there at all times. I've defended McCloud all the way, but man he has not feel for the game. Romeo was really solid when in there.

For the first time I thought DeeJay really looked like a RB1 kind of guy. He has the best feel and patience at the position. Just wish he had the burst and suddeness of Homer
Njoku is fine where he is. Hes obviously talented...maybe the most talented out of all of em but you could tell he's still raw. Hightower could go right now though.

I also feel like the strikers should strictly be Romeo and Derrick. Move Zach to Mike back and let him do what he does best.

Advertisement
Lil add on:

i wonder why they never tried mccloud as a rush de. he even hinted at wanting to do it.

I think if a QB steps up, by next year our offensive talent matches anyone in the country. they will coach up the young db's, im just really miss Young. Kool is what hurt us, he didnt want to recruit and we are feeling it.

• I get what you're saying Miami has enough talent to definitely have a better showing against good comp .....on the flip side....Im sure there are several teams that can say the same...."if" we had this or "if" we did that???? bottom line is Rosier needs to be benched asap....its "easy to see! The only way to get respect or make a case as a legit contender is to make that change....Also, the d- line needs to get way more pressure to help the back end....

If there is a QB change and he makes the plays that malik cant we win out the regular season if richt sticks with him we win 8-9 games

Advertisement
EVERYTHING starts with the QB spot.

If we can’t move the ball because he's killing pigeons with his wild throws it puts Feagles in a positiion to have to be on the field for one of his 20 yd shanks which then puts the defense on a short field which puts us playing catch up which means our QB has to throw more wild passes trying to catch up which kills more pigeons with his wild throws which puts Feagles BACK on the field for another of his 20 yard shanks which puts our now exhausted defense back on a short field which puts us further behind which means our QB has to kill MORE pigeons with more wild throws which puts a Feagles BACK on the field .............well you get the idea.

So It all starts with our scatter armed QB having to hit our receivers instead of killing pigeons which allows us to move the ball which leads to TDs which keeps Feagles off the field so he doesnt get a chance to shank a 20 yd punt which keeps our Now well rested defense on the sidelines more than on it which allows them to stop the other teams which allows us to win.

See just change the QB....

LSU had:

A 22 yard drive for a FG
A 9 yard drive for a FG
A pick six

Thats basically gifting them two touchdowns in a game considered a toss up.

They also scored a TD after we jumped off sides on 4th down and given a catch to the 1 yard line that should have been reviewed.

Our punting never flipped field position, we had multiple costly penalties and had receivers running wild that caught every ball that was potentially catchable. Problem was we had Uncle Rico throwing to them.

If any coach is to blame it's not CMR the OC or Diaz the DC, it's CMR the HC for letting his team play so fundamentally unsound.

Last edited:
LSU had:

A 22 yard drive for a FG
A 9 yard drive for a FG
A pick six

Thats basically gifting them two touchdowns in a game considered a toss up.

They also scored a TD after we jumped off sides on 4th down and given a catch to the 1 yard line that should have been reviewed.

Our punting never flipped field position, we had multiple costly penalties and had receivers running wild that caught every ball that was potentially catchable. Problem was we had Uncle Rico throwing to them.

If any coach it's not CMR the OC or Diaz the DC, it's CMR the HC for letting his team play so fundamentally unsound.

See my post above ^^^^

jacory.

We should have Feagles spend some time with Chris Lykes of the Bball team. He will teach him to flop in no time.

Advertisement
Njoku is fine where he is. Hes obviously talented...maybe the most talented out of all of em but you could tell he's still raw. Hightower could go right now though.

I also feel like the strikers should strictly be Romeo and Derrick. Move Zach to Mike back and let him do what he does best.
I don't disagree, but man he does move really well for his size.
i wonder why they never tried mccloud as a rush de. he even hinted at wanting to do it.

I think if a QB steps up, by next year our offensive talent matches anyone in the country. they will coach up the young db's, im just really miss Young. Kool is what hurt us, he didnt want to recruit and we are feeling it.
I like your rush DE idea. Might be what he is best at to be honest. I thought he MLB idea by Zbrod was a good one, but i like DE a little better to be honest.

Lets hope Simpson hits on some of his evals. I think Kool gave us some decent chips to work with, just not nearly enough of them.

I re-watched the Debacle....not a Cot-**** thing changed in my mind one iota....A complete embarrassment.....
Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their heads examined....The Defensive and Offensive gameplan was a F-ing joke.....But by all means...keep Sugar coating it with that Stupid F-ing " Thank God Richt fell in our Lap BS".....Actually, we fell in HIS lap is what actually happened....

If we can’t move the ball because he's killing pigeons with his wild throws it puts Feagles in a positiion to have to be on the field for one of his 20 yd shanks which then puts the defense on a short field which puts us playing catch up which means our QB has to throw more wild passes trying to catch up which kills more pigeons with his wild throws which puts Feagles BACK on the field for another of his 20 yard shanks which puts our now exhausted defense back on a short field which puts us further behind which means our QB has to kill MORE pigeons with more wild throws which puts a Feagles BACK on the field .............well you get the idea.

So It all starts with our scatter armed QB having to hit our receivers instead of killing pigeons which allows us to move the ball which leads to TDs which keeps Feagles off the field so he doesnt get a chance to shank a 20 yd punt which keeps our Now well rested defense on the sidelines more than on it which allows them to stop the other teams which allows us to win.

This with the addition that any decent DC knows our QB will kill pigeons and thus stacks the box to stuff the run. Which leads to us killing a lot more pigeons, and Feagles gives us more 20 yd shanks......

Advertisement
"-Feagles gets touched on the punt that wasn’t blocked he doesnt know to exaggerate the contact. LSU punter does it and gets a penalty."

There should be as much a call for a new punter as there is a QB. Position wise he is as inconsistent (or more so) than Rosier.

This guy doesn't get enough credit for what happened in the LSU game. First 3 punts at critical points in the game, he had 25 yad average and gave them the ball on our side of the field. Last year he had a list of punts under 20 - A DIV 1 PUNTER.

I watch high school games every Friday night, and haven't seen a single High School punter make as many mistakes in the last two seasons as he has for the Canes. Yeah, I've seen a couple of bad punts - but not three punts as critical as those that helped change the momentum.

Against LSU Feagle had 5 punts for 36 yd average; our high school punter that Friday night had six for 44 yd average. I watched the high school kid ( and the team we played's punter) boom the ball, punt after punt last night.

I can't say I saw a QB who would have helped us in the last two years, but almost every single punter I saw would have last week.

Last edited:
"-Feagles gets touched on the punt that wasn’t blocked he doesnt know to exaggerate the contact. LSU punter does it and gets a penalty."

There should be as much a call for a new punter as there is a QB. Position wise he is as inconsistent (or more so) than Rosier.

This guy doesn't get enough credit for what happened in LSU. First 3 punts at critical points in the game, he had 25 yad average and gave them the ball on our side of the field. Last year he had a list of punts under 20 - A DIV 1 PUNTER.

I watch high school games every Friday night, and haven't seen a single High School punter make as many mistakes in the last two seasons as he has for the Canes. Yeah, I've seen a couple of bad punts - but not three punts as critical as those that helped change the momentum.

Against LSU Feagle had 5 punts for 36 yd average; our high school punter that Friday night had six for 44 yd average. I watched the high school kid ( and the team we played's punter) boom the ball, punt after punt last night.

I can't say I saw a QB who would have helped us in the last two years, but almost every single punter I saw would have last week.
I was going to say - the QB and the P need to be changed. Get Jack Spicer in there, he can't possibly be worse.

I think we should just contact the florida wildlife commission and report him, maybe if word gets out that he's a bird murderer richt will be forced to do something

Advertisement
Back