Don’t hate the player

M.Hendrix

Freshman
We got a great kicker. He was set up for failure by a beta coach. We were moving the ball, and decided to sit down and put it on the shoulders of probably the youngest guy in the locker room. Let’s lift the kid up, and reassure him we ready to go to war with him. But his HC is a *****.

Advertisement
He will hold himself to a higher standard than we do I promise. If we attacked and came up short he hits it. We layed down for a few plays that he was over there feeling the pressure. He is a junior it doesn’t matter, but he just got here. #mannyandblakegottago

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure young Borregales is ****ed at himself right now. He should have made that kick, but it shouldn't have come down to it either.

He won it for us against App St. Growing pains for a young kicker but he'll win more for us than not.

Dude missed a gimmie. More importantly manny set him up. if we try to score then at least he goes in strong. play ***** football and you get ***** results

When the "U" has to rely on a freshman kicker to squeak by a basement dweller then it sure as **** ain't on the kid. I'll be pulling for him, but I hope we get blown out every game until Manny and Fake James are sent packing. I hope Mac and UNC can pull a repeat of last year and put this nightmare out of it's misery.

Advertisement
Manny could have played for the win, I agree! But set him up, cmon man. Dr. Pepper half time contestants make that kick for a Honda Civic and free gas for a year.

Just plain stupid to not try the corner of the endzone on 3rd down. Less chance of an INT than a missed FG.

Bottom line, our coaches set the players up for failure.

Advertisement
You guys actually like everyone comes out of the womb drinking scotch, smoking cigars and banging broads. Coaches know how to get the best out of their players and protect them when they have to. Our HC likes to put the whole program on a 18 yr old kicker right out of high school... Should he have made it? Sure, but the point is that you shouldn't put him in the position to make it - at least not yet

Advertisement
Back