Domino Effect: The 2000 Canes

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
The last time I posted a domino effect, it was regarding the 2002 Canes and what would've been the outcome had Coker won that championship.

I want to get your opinion on what would've happened, had the 2000 Canes won the national championship. Would the 2001 Canes exist as we known them? What about Butch and contract negotiations? Would Ed Reed and some of the Sr.'s who felt cheated in 2000, come back to finish what was started?

Thoughts.

Advertisement
That would require us not getting absolutely ****ed by the national media. Might as well talk about what life will be like when we wake up tomorrow morning to find out that North Korean scientists have found a cure for death and aging. Or what it's going to be like this season watching the ref's curiously and hilariously call holding on the Canes' opponent's OLine on nearly every play.

/lol

It's not a bad question, for the offseason, go on with your hypothetical.

I think if Coker won 2 times we would still be trash cause he couldnt recruit, if Butch stood there be a statue at the U and no one would know who Saban is. Amari Cooper would be a cane and all those kids who went elsewhere Butch would of identified and gave them his academic plan and the U would be dominating, I mean its not fact but its how I feel

That would require us not getting absolutely ****ed by the national media. Might as well talk about what life will be like when we wake up tomorrow morning to find out that North Korean scientists have found a cure for death and aging. Or what it's going to be like this season watching the ref's curiously and hilariously call holding on the Canes' opponent's OLine on nearly every play.

/lol

It's not a bad question, for the offseason, go on with your hypothetical.

LOL. Bro...it's called DOM-EEN-OE EFFECT. Use your imagination, my g!

Coachingwise, Butch still would've bolted, so we still would've ended up with Elmer Fudd at the helm, who almost drove this program into oblivion, so that can't be great.

Playerwise is where this gets interesting. On the one hand, maybe we still win in 2001 if Reed would've bolted as a JR the year before. It's not like we had that many close games.

But on the other hand, no Reed means no Ws at VT (2 ints, including one in the 4Q that helped us ice the game) and BC (gimme the **** ball!), our two closest games that year.

What other juniors in 2000 stayed for their senior seasons in 2001?

Advertisement
Coachingwise, Butch still would've bolted, so we still would've ended up with Elmer Fudd at the helm, who almost drove this program into oblivion, so that can't be great.

Playerwise is where this gets interesting. On the one hand, maybe we still win in 2001 if Reed would've bolted as a JR the year before. It's not like we had that many close games.

But on the other hand, no Reed means no Ws at VT (2 ints, including one in the 4Q that helped us ice the game) and BC (gimme the **** ball!), our two closest games that year.

What other juniors in 2000 stayed for their senior seasons in 2001?
Butch would of slapped that butch

I think if Coker won 2 times we would still be trash cause he couldnt recruit, if Butch stood there be a statue at the U and no one would know who Saban is. Amari Cooper would be a cane and all those kids who went elsewhere Butch would of identified and gave them his academic plan and the U would be dominating, I mean its not fact but its how I feel
Dalvin Cook as well.....100% with comment on Butch

Advertisement
Back