Dominating the trenches, evolving nature of CFB

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
The past two cycles, Miami has completely remade it's lines with 21 lineman signed- 9 olineman, 12 dlineman including 4 5 stars and 1 6 star (Bain). This is very similar to Georgia's approach (22 with 11 on each side) and in direct contrast to Ohio State who has signed the exact same number of WRs as Dineman- 6.

Miami has also signed 8 trench players in the Top 100 (Georgia has 10).

We know that it's really easy to find QBs and skill players in the portal but dominant Dlineman are scarce.

This is my biggest reason for optimism the next few years.

Advertisement
The past two cycles, Miami has completely remade it's lines with 21 lineman signed- 9 olineman, 12 dlineman including 4 5 stars and 1 6 star (Bain). This is very similar to Georgia's approach (22 with 11 on each side) and in direct contrast to Ohio State who has signed the exact same number of WRs as Dineman- 6.

We know that it's really easy to find QBs and skill players in the portal but dominant Dlineman are scarce.

It's easy to find skill position players. Quarterbacks are a scarcity.

It's all about the chunky luv!!

#ThickThighsMakeBigLives

Go Canes

I'd love a DL that looked like Georgia's 2021 DL.

Nazir Stackhouse 6'3 320
Jalen Carter 6'3 310
Julian Rochester 6'5 300
Jordan Davis 6'6 340
Devonte Wyatt 6'3 315
Travon Walker 6'5 275

I'd love to sit in that parent section during a game, trust your boy is coming out with at least 1 phone number and a late night backshot appointment.

Go Canes

Advertisement
It's easy to find skill position players. Quarterbacks are a scarcity.
Quarterbacks aren’t as hard to find. The top 3 heisman finalists, last year’s heisman winner and 2 of the 4 playoff quarterback’s were all portal guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back