DOLPHINS FIRST 2 ROUNDS

We dont need Gurley. We need to use draft picks to fill our needs. Corner, linebacker, O-line, maybe another WR. Draft another running back in the later rounds if you want one.

Advertisement
We dont need Gurley. We need to use draft picks to fill our needs. Corner, linebacker, O-line, maybe another WR. Draft another running back in the later rounds if you want one.

IMO, RB is a need as well. Lamar aint cutting the mustard. Not what I thought he was going to be. Too soft. As long as he is our starter we are average on offense. None of the backups are any better. Damien Williams is a solid backup/3rd down back.

We have needs at RB, CB, S, OL, LB, and TE. Not going to fill them all.

Last edited:
I would have traded back to get a second and taken DGB with my first round pick.

I can dig that move. It might be a deep draft at WR but we still need a #1 WR. D. Parker would be my ideal choice if he is available, Green-Beckham is another big boidied reciever that's different from Stills and the other guys we have brought in.

Miller had 1099 yds at 5.1 YPC last season with an OL that wasn't great after the injury to B. Albert. I would say that is more than enough production at the RB position and it allows you to give Tannehill more options in the passing game.

Can't we trade up and pick whatever loser is coming out of OR again, preferably from their defense. Surely they have another drug addict we can grab.

Advertisement
I like the idea of drafting a guy like Langford, Crockett, Magee, Hilliard, etc. in the later rounds and then bringing in a few UDFAs. You don't need to spend a high draft pick on a position with that kind of churn rate.

Lot of value in the 2nd and 3rd round of this draft at some of our need positions. At corner, a guy like Golson or DJ Smith from FAU is a good bet in the mid rounds. At LB, you can get a guy like Stephone Anthony or Denzel (in all likelihood) in the 2nd round. At guard you can get Tre Jackson, Laken Thomlinson, Ali MArpet, etc.

Would love to go defense heave. Trade down in first and get Landon Collins. Then pick up perryman in the second.

Miller had 1099 yds at 5.1 YPC last season with an OL that wasn't great after the injury to B. Albert. I would say that is more than enough production at the RB position and it allows you to give Tannehill more options in the passing game.

How have the phins failed so hard in assembling a proper oline? Seems like we've been drafting linemen in the early rounds for years and still can't get a decent unit together

Would love to go defense heave. Trade down in first and get Landon Collins

Then pick up perryman in the second.

Perryman is so underrated it's not even funny. The fact he was THAT productive in such a ******, God forsaken scheme tells me he's going to be a killer at the next level. He would be a dream pick in round 2...but I doubt he falls that far. You put Denzel behind Suh and not only will he never get touched but he's liable to decapitate someone every game.

I'm not on board with Collins in the first round though. He's not quick or great in coverage...basically an undersized linebacker. If you go safety I'd rather have the kid from Arizona State...or better yet if we were to trade back deeper into the first round give me Peters all day long. To my eyes he's the best all around corner in this draft.

We NEED a #1 receiver though. We've got a bunch of 2's and 3's and this offense needs more firepower.

Advertisement

How have the phins failed so hard in assembling a proper oline? Seems like we've been drafting linemen in the early rounds for years and still can't get a decent unit together

I like Pouncey, I think James can be good but is better at RT than when he had to fill-in when B. Albert got hurt. We need to upgrade the G position however and our depth on the OL is suspect.

Rotoworld is saying the Phins might move up in the first to secure Parker.

I'm on board with this assuming it's not too expensive.

Perryman is so underrated it's not even funny. The fact he was THAT productive in such a ****ty, God forsaken scheme tells me he's going to be a killer at the next level. He would be a dream pick in round 2...but I doubt he falls that far. You put Denzel behind Suh and not only will he never get touched but he's liable to decapitate someone every game.

I'm not on board with Collins in the first round though. He's not quick or great in coverage...basically an undersized linebacker. If you go safety I'd rather have the kid from Arizona State...or better yet if we were to trade back deeper into the first round give me Peters all day long. To my eyes he's the best all around corner in this draft.

We NEED a #1 receiver though. We've got a bunch of 2's and 3's and this offense needs more firepower.

To play devils advocate, teams can argue that perrymans productivity came from the terrible defense, and not in spite of it. After all, someone has to step up and get above average numbers. I think the way he played nullifies that argument, however. Can't deny his instinct and vicious sideline to sideline hits. Reminds me of kuechly when he was at BC. Dude seemed to be involved in every tackle.

As for WR, I think there's a chicken or the egg conundrum involving our QB. Tannehill just cannot throw deep, even when we had Mike Wallace taking the top off the defense. I'm not sure a field stretching receiver would help as much as a ton of mobile guys who can get separation at midrange. I wouldn't mind a DGB though, for sure. It would definitely help our run game to have a deep ball threat and end zone target

Advertisement

Perryman is so underrated it's not even funny. The fact he was THAT productive in such a ****ty, God forsaken scheme tells me he's going to be a killer at the next level. He would be a dream pick in round 2...but I doubt he falls that far. You put Denzel behind Suh and not only will he never get touched but he's liable to decapitate someone every game.

To play devils advocate, teams can argue that perrymans productivity came from the terrible defense, and not in spite of it. After all, someone has to step up and get above average numbers. I think the way he played nullifies that argument, however. Can't deny his instinct and vicious sideline to sideline hits. Reminds me of kuechly when he was at BC. Dude seemed to be involved in every tackle.

As for WR, I think there's a chicken or the egg conundrum involving our QB. Tannehill just cannot throw deep, even when we had Mike Wallace taking the top off the defense. I'm not sure a field stretching receiver would help as much as a ton of mobile guys who can get separation at midrange. I wouldn't mind a DGB though, for sure. It would definitely help our run game to have a deep ball threat and end zone target

Perryman has instincts that are rare. He diagnoses plays quickly and he loves contact. That's about all you can ask for out of a linebacker prospect. If he was in any other major program's scheme he'd be a lock for the first round.

The fact Tannehill can't throw deep is just another reason to do whatever it takes to get Parker. Parker is "fast enough" but he's not a burner. He's a big target who uses his body well to get open. He's got some Brandon Marshall in him...and to me that's EXACTLY the kind of WR Tannehill needs. It widens his margin for error on most throws.

I think their biggest needs in order are:
1. linebacker - should not be drafted at 14. should trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick
2. guard - still would not draft till round 4
3/4 tie. WR/CB - pretty much we have 3 number 2 WR's but no #1 . We have 1 starting CB and 4 decent backups(hopefully 1 will emerge as starting caliber)
5/6 tie RB/Safety - L. Miller is an okay starter but there are 4 RB's I believe would be a big upgrade. I really don't like any of the safety's in this draft.

Last edited:
I like Gurley when he is healthy, but he couldn't stay healthy in college, what makes anyone think he will stay healthy in NFL.

I don't think you draft a RB in Round 1, unless he is the absolute missing piece, and he has proven he is reliable clear #1 .

I don't think the Dolphins think they have a number 1 WR yet. They also need a MLB. They need a CB. They need another OL imo.

Also this draft has a lot of depth at RB. OUtside round 1 you can find..Tevin COleman, Abdullah, Johnson, Langford, Alajyi, Yeldon, Davis.

What if you can grab Flowers or another talented OL to help solidy the weakest part of your team the past 2 years. Then you grab a MLB like Perryman, Anthony, Dawson in round 2. Come back take a WR or CB in round 3? Or if you are sold on Parker, take him in round 1..then MLB in round 2, etc...

You also have to remember we don't have a 3rd round pick, we gave it up for Kenny Stills. Grabbing an OL sounds nice but we've invested too much into that position over the years; I think like 6 early round OL since 2011 which is tied with Dallas who has a good line. We need to solidify our OL but we also need play makers. I also think its a deep draft at RB its just that it drops off after Duke, Ajayi, and Coleman imo. Everyone after them are 3rd down backs at best.

Every year people say that and every year there are a few guys who go in the late rounds or are undrafted that end up playing big roles.

Advertisement
I don't hate the Parker pick but I think we could have addressed bigger needs at 14 and gotten another WR later in the draft. LB would have been a reach at 14. I am utterly surprised Landon Collins is still on the board. Lamar had a good year last year but I still think he is soft. He has disappointed more often then not. Would love to take Duke or Collins in rnd 2. Either would fill a need. If he's there in rnd 4, take Feliciano. I like him and think he will be a nasty OL. In rnd 5 a guy like Jeff Luc will most likely be there for LB help. It will be interesting to see where we go from here. I really, really, really wanted Gurley...

I don't hate the Parker pick but I think we could have addressed bigger needs at 14 and gotten another WR later in the draft. LB would have been a reach at 14. I am utterly surprised Landon Collins is still on the board. Lamar had a good year last year but I still think he is soft. He has disappointed more often then not. Would love to take Duke or Collins in rnd 2. Either would fill a need. If he's there in rnd 4, take Feliciano. I like him and think he will be a nasty OL. In rnd 5 a guy like Jeff Luc will most likely be there for LB help. It will be interesting to see where we go from here. I really, really, really wanted Gurley...

Disagree completely. Given what was there they could have done no better at 14 than Parker. He was NOT ONLY the best player available but also filled a position of need. Between Parker, Stills, and Landry you presumably don't need to touch the receiving corp now for at least a 3-4 years and can focus on OTHER areas. That's how good teams are built, you secure one crucial area and address the others systematically. The problem is we have gotten so use to incompetence around here that we are naturally skeptical...but for once it would be nice to not have glaring holes in at least 1 or 2 areas so you can focus your attention elsewhere.

If I'm the Dolphins I have every person in the organization RIGHT NOW doing due diligence on Collins. Right now he represents the greatest potential value in this draft. The fact he and his agent tried to pull out of this draft in order to enter the supplemental is pretty strong evidence they believe he's not in danger of getting arrested or is even a part of whatever is going on with the situation in Louisiana. If he was guilty they would have wanted to just get drafted, wherever, and let the chips fall where they may with the case. The fact he was already worried about his drop in value tells me something.

You get a guy like Collins, who is a consensus top 20 talent, and also a plug and play starter at guard or tackle and you've now solidified the offensive line as well. That to me represents the type of value that can turn a franchise around. It's what the better drafting teams (Ravens for example) have been doing for years.

If not Collins I'd really like to see Perryman be a Dolphin. You put him behind a guy like Suh and he'll never get touched...he's liable to kill people on gameday and would be a great fit at MLB. If we whiff on both Collins and Perryman then I'd look to take a corner...possibly the kid from FSU (I hate to even type that).

Last edited:
The Parker pick was an A+ move. You give Tannehill another weapon and the team finally has a guy that can be molded into a #1 WR.

Agree we need to address the G and CB position in the next rounds, but Parker had to be the pick when he was sitting there at 14.

The Parker pick was an A+ move. You give Tannehill another weapon and the team finally has a guy that can be molded into a #1 WR.

Agree we need to address the G and CB position in the next rounds, but Parker had to be the pick when he was sitting there at 14.

I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a stud. Maybe it's the fact that he played at Louisville that has me turned off. Now that he is a Dolphin I will root for him. Many of the so called experts last night were comparing him to AJ Green. If he turns out anything remotely close I'll take it.

Advertisement
Back