Doesn't look like an offer is coming for Berrios

Advertisement
To play devil's advoacte for a second, without ever seeing either one play:

Don't 5'8" WRs with speed grow on trees in SoFl? Aren't they a dime a dozen?

Advertisement
I hope we don't pass on this kids thinking one of the SoFL divas is going to come through. We can kick rear with this kid and send message to upcoming kids to get on early or get left. Plus, it plants the flag in NC--they have some nice talent up there too.

This is nuts. The staff tells kids like this to come to camp, show out, and you will get an offer if worthy. Berrios did what was asked, and is seemingly very talented...but yet no offer. And the kid is a die hard Miami fan to boot, would likely commit on the spot.

I trust the staff, but this makes little to no sense.

Don't make it seem like it's completely unfair for the kid. The kids get a lot out of the camps as well especially if they excel. If a kid excels at a Miami type camp, that will gain him even more notoriety across the country. Who knows what Golden and staff told the kid. Pointless to speculate.

i said it from day one....Brandon Powell is optio 1A for that role.....

Thing is we should still "recruit" Berrios in case kid sticks to Tenn (highly doubt he does)...

His offer wont come for awhile as Powell aint deciding just yet.....and Berrios might already be committed elsewhere.

Same here. I've been on his bandwagon since March/April. I want this kid in this class and between him and Berrios, I'll take Powell.

Advertisement
This is nuts. The staff tells kids like this to come to camp, show out, and you will get an offer if worthy. Berrios did what was asked, and is seemingly very talented...but yet no offer. And the kid is a die hard Miami fan to boot, would likely commit on the spot.

i said it from day one....Brandon Powell is optio 1A for that role.....

Thing is we should still "recruit" Berrios in case kid sticks to Tenn (highly doubt he does)...

His offer wont come for awhile as Powell aint deciding just yet.....and Berrios might already be committed elsewhere.

To play devil's advoacte for a second, without ever seeing either one play:

Don't 5'8" WRs with speed grow on trees in SoFl? Aren't they a dime a dozen?

There are 5-8 guys with speed and then there are 5-8 guys with speed who are D1A types. They pop out of the screen and you can tell. Powell is one of those. He has a solid frame at 5-8 (not all 5-8 guys are built alike) and has been dominant.

Don't understand taking Rosier instead of going after Powell and taking Berrios

Guys I know it's hard I wonder the same sh** but you need to trust the staff. They have their reasons for doing things and know things that we never will. Trust the tie! It hasn't dissapointed us thus far!

Please calm down bro. Have you not seen how many offers have went out to kids at these camps? Many were virtually unkowns prior to the camps also! The proof is right there in front of you! What more do you need? The kid showed out...sure he was impressive, but the staff wants the best of the best. Thousands of kids come thru looking for that offer. Clean the brown stuff outcha britches.

Last edited:
Don't understand taking Rosier instead of going after Powell and taking Berrios

Guys I know it's hard I wonder the same sh** but you need to trust the staff. They have their reasons for doing things and know things that we never will. Trust the tie! It hasn't dissapointed us thus far!

This. We lost Thompson, and it sounds like they're prepared to let go of Dewey. Logically, the staff would be looking to add another QB. Plus this kid looks like the type of athlete that will help run the scout-team offense to prepare us against all the spread dual-threat QBs we face.

Advertisement
I really like Powell but what the **** are we doing taking three quarterbacks and two of em are so so. There should be a spot for this kid and one of those meh qb's needs to kick rocks.

So-so? I guess that's just your learned opinion. Maybe you should send your resume to Al. Obviously, Coley has no idea what he's doing.

They need your genius before the program comes crashing down.

I think Powell might have the kind of blazing speed which Berrios might not have.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

First off, this scholie should not be down to Powell or Berrios..It should be down to Powell or Jojo IMO. And if neither flip, then give it to Berrios if he has a great senior year. BUT thats only if we strike out on Rudolph and Lane. (Assuming we get Dixon.) Since we signed Corn Elder I dont see why a guy like Powell is a huge need. I like the kid. But if he doesnt wanna come. Oh well.

Advertisement

Kid must not have passed the eye test. When your a small guy, you have to be that much better than everyone. But if you have a guy with prototypical size at the same position, thats just as quick and can stretch the field, better than the little guy, then you invest in the bigger guy... Just the way it is!!

It's another day and age, guys like Herb Waters are just as shifty as the little guys now a days, so those small guys gotta bring it!

R.I.P to the 5'5 receivers at major college programs...if you want to see one, gonna have to goto the archives.

Jonathan Harris - 5'4" 135 LBS
80019ba72b71962c4dbe5e234d2f330c518f6bdc.jpg

photostream

Last edited:
Berrios is a stud and seems like he wants to be at the U. Why wait on some other cats who are going to play games. I hope he gets an offer soon, before he forgets about the U.

Advertisement
Back