(Does this one Tweet by Borry Jackson mean that the) Defense sucks?

Advertisement
I understand that which is why it's dumb to overreact and claim either unit sucks as some have on here. But it's an intrasquad scrimmage so both sides can't look good.
it may seem counter intuitive but if plays are being made its a good thing. obviously you want a team capable of making plays on both offense and defense. if that happens in a scrimmage its more likely to happen in a game.

Last edited:
I wonder if Clemson was freaking out when Lawrence was lighting up their defense in scrimmages. King doesn't have the NFL measurables but he is an elite level college QB. I don't think alot of people understand that. Trask from UF lit up Bama, so did they guy from Ole Miss. If our OL gives King time Bama wont have the game their own way. We are used to bum QB play for years and horrible defense. No, its only bad if you know the QB is bad and the defense is making him look good. Garcia is gonna be great and his *** is struggling and TVD has been having trouble as well. The lighting up is coming from King.

Advertisement
it may seem counter intuitive but if plays are being made its a good thing. obviously you want a team capable of making plays on both offense and defense. if that happens in a scrimmage its more likely to happen in a game.
Agreed. But on the one hand we have a good completion percentage for King and rushing stats for the backs=offense good/defense bad to far too many people
On the other hand we have lots of INT's and what would normally be sacks=good defense/bad offense

I recognize this was 1's v 2's. My only point is that we should not draw an inference from any of this, and should not ask, as the OP did, 'does this mean the defense sucks'? Maybe he was just being facetious but others will take the stats far too seriously and draw actual conclusions which will resurface after the Bama game.

Advertisement

Sure, when the head coach is releasing stats from a scrimmage you can rest assured he's not trying to set any kind of narrative or hypef or his team or messaging for certain recruits, he's just giving the most honest blunt account of what happened..

Advertisement
So if king put those number up on bamas defense doesn’t that mean that bamas defense sucks? We good guys

Advertisement
The Mallory stat is my favorite

88 yards from a TE?

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

This is EXACTLY what we need, the team thinking they are all world the week before Bama when in reality they are only All-Greentree! Way to go Mandy! You outdid yourself again!

Advertisement
Back