Does this make any sense???

combine_images.jpg

Advertisement
Yes, we play scared. We have no confidence our athletes can match up. We are essentially double covering the recievers.

Advertisement
The ball has snapped in that pic and half our guys haven't even moved yet, there is absolutely no one coming forward

This isn't really a good comparison. Clemson has a loaded backfield and tight formation with no one wide, so it makes sense that F$U is crowding the box. There also must be a safety deep that we can't see, because I only count 10 Semenholes in that shot. 1st and goal from the 6 is also a different situation than 3rd and 3 from the 6. Clemson can still get a 1st down in that situation.

Advertisement
This isn't really a good comparison. Clemson has a loaded backfield and tight formation with no one wide, so it makes sense that F$U is crowding the box. There also must be a safety deep that we can't see, because I only count 10 Semenholes in that shot. 1st and goal from the 6 is also a different situation than 3rd and 3 from the 6. Clemson can still get a 1st down in that situation.

Dumbass I bet fsu got a stop and I know for a fact we gave up a td

So do I. It wasn't a comment on whether our D sucks or not (it does). It was about using those two screen shots side-by-side. They're two totally different situations.

I think the comparison is just fine. If our picture was a third and 3 instead, our formation would exactly the same. We dont' crowd the line on third and 3. So the down and distance isn't really relevant. As for clemson's formation vs neb's, you bring up a good point. However it really only applies to the cbs and who cares about them. The important thing to note here is the depth of the lbs and safeties. FSUs are in a real agressive stance while miami's are way back.

So do I. It wasn't a comment on whether our D sucks or not (it does). It was about using those two screen shots side-by-side. They're two totally different situations.

We would have had to stop them on second down to get them to third down...

/sorry, easy pot shot. i see your point, though i'm not sure Coach D is familiar with this "situational defense" we speak of.

Advertisement

I think the comparison is just fine. If our picture was a third and 3 instead, our formation would exactly the same. We dont' crowd the line on third and 3. So the down and distance isn't really relevant. As for clemson's formation vs neb's, you bring up a good point. However it really only applies to the cbs and who cares about them. The important thing to note here is the depth of the lbs and safeties. FSUs are in a real agressive stance while miami's are way back.

I'd have to see a shot of how we have lined up on a 3rd and short from inside the 10, with a tight formation like that, to be able to compare the two. The down and distance is relevant, IMO, because 3rd and 3, with a chance to get a new set of downs without scoring, could dictate putting more in the box, as F$U did. There's no question that F$U is in a more aggressive stance, but the different down and distance and tight formation calls for that. All of that said, I don't really doubt that our safeties and LBs would still be playing too far back under the same circumstances...so, yeah....there's that...

We would have had to stop them on second down to get them to third down...

/sorry, easy pot shot. i see your point, though i'm not sure Coach D is familiar with this "situational defense" we speak of.

Touche

I'd have to see a shot of how we have lined up on a 3rd and short from inside the 10, with a tight formation like that, to be able to compare the two. The down and distance is relevant, IMO, because 3rd and 3, with a chance to get a new set of downs without scoring, could dictate putting more in the box, as F$U did. There's no question that F$U is in a more aggressive stance, but the different down and distance and tight formation calls for that. All of that said, I don't really doubt that our safeties and LBs would still be playing too far back under the same circumstances...so, yeah....there's that...

Everything you say makes perfect logical sense. Chance to get a new set of downs, dictate more in the box, etc, yes yes yes. But it's not relevant because nothing about our coaches and these formations is logical at all. I already know how we'd look if it was third and 3 instead because we've seen how these coaches play third and short a zillion times now. ****, they don't even load up at the line when it's third and 1 and the offense comes out in jumbo goalline package, which, by the way, infuriates me. Third and 3 might as well be third and 12 to these guys.

Advertisement

um.JPG

3rd and Goal. still looks the same

You guys need to relax, it's only Folden/Doritos' 4th season here, they need at least 8 seasons to get their players in place and then their defense will dominate.

Advertisement
Back