Does The O-Line Get Better Next Year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
While not great, St. Louis was the best lineman on the team over the course of 12 games.

So I'm not sure you can say that a bad OL losing their best player will be improved.

While not great, St. Louis was the best lineman on the team over the course of 12 games.

So I'm not sure you can say that a bad OL losing their best player will be improved.
I disagree, he gave up more sacks than anyone on the team and would get just absolutely beat off the edge too frequently. Coming into the year I thought he would dominate but that obviously didn’t happen or anything close to it.

Advertisement
I disagree, he gave up more sacks than anyone on the team and would get just absolutely beat off the edge too frequently. Coming into the year I thought he would dominate but that obviously didn’t happen or anything close to it.

He was the best we had and will be drafted. I think Donaldson played a lot better once he got re-settled inside. And I like Scaife a lot. But while I wouldn’t say any of them played to an acceptable level, St. Louis was the best of the bunch.

If Donaldson takes another step, Scaife does as well, and Gaynor can pick up at least be equal to Gauthier, that’s a start. But the LG spot was a nightmare. And who plays LT? We really really really really need to hit on a few of the young kids. Reed, Campbell, Herbert, and even Hillery were recruited by a lot of schools. Surely one or two of those kids can pull their weight? Lot of uncertainty, though.

Yes better by subtraction guys like St.Louis, Gauthier, Jahair, and Milo will be gone. As long as Boulware is the only returning Senior that’s In the starting line up we should be much better. And seniors George Brown and Mahoney on the bench and staying on the bench.

Then there’s a good possibility Searels will be gone as well.

Advertisement
Man we need to recruit. If we get back to pulling in true Canes and get them a hard **** yet relatable Coach, we can get good up front pretty fast.

Yes better by subtraction guys like St.Louis, Gauthier, Jahair, and Milo will be gone. As long as Boulware is the only returning Senior that’s In the starting line up we should be much better. And seniors George Brown and Mahoney on the bench and staying on the bench.

Then there’s a good possibility Searels will be gone as well.
Wait!! Arent u a big Searles supporter?

So confusing.

IMO, it depends on if Gaynor can develop into the C we need. Gauthier was brutal at times this year.

Scaife, Reed, Donaldson, Gaynor, Campbell, Herbert, Boulware... the materials there.

Yes if we switch to a spread attack, no if we stay in the past and run Marks 30 year old offense. The last 2 games show how much the spread opens up the running attack, we just need receivers that have both speed and good hands to open up the passing game.

Advertisement
Back