Does Homer Break 1,000 yards on the Ground This Year?

IndayArtHauz

Knoxville Baby Maker
Administrator
Despite being a backup for weeks, 24 is currently at 758 rushing yards and 6.7 a carry. (Also at 970 all purpose yards and 7.5 every time he touches the ball period).

Pitt is 49th in the country against the run (150/game)
UVA is 83rd (178/game)

For reference ND, GT and VT are all top 40 vs run.

Advertisement
Yeah, with 4 games left it’s a safe bet that he’ll get there. He’s been phenomenal. Any comparison to Walton is stupid and reductive of both those guys. Walton is a great back. Homer is a great. We were very lucky we had 2.

Advertisement
Yeah, with 4 games left it’s a safe bet that he’ll get there. He’s been phenomenal. Any comparison to Walton is stupid and reductive of both those guys. Walton is a great back. Homer is a great. We were very lucky we had 2.
Not to nitpick but we weren't "lucky ". We SHOULD have a loaded backfield. Way too easy to find a good RB if you're Miami.

shouldn't it be 5 games left? uva pitt clem playoff championship...

Advertisement
3 games to get 250 yds. I'd say so.

Honestly I'd split his reps evenly with Dallas. Dallas needs experience and Homer should stay fresh till we really need him.

242 yards, rushing only, in next two games? I don’t think so, but definitely possible. Hopefully we win these two easily and can get him a little rest before facing Clemp’s Son.

Love what Dallas is doing too, but I want the second half of these games to be Trayone Gray’s coming out party.

242 yards, rushing only, in next two games? I don’t think so, but definitely possible. Hopefully we win these two easily and can get him a little rest before facing Clemp’s Son.

Love what Dallas is doing too, but I want the second half of these games to be Trayone Gray’s coming out party.

We may have seen the best of Gray and I wish him luck wherever he ends up

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think he gets it for the regular season and before ACCCG .

Richt wants to get Malik comfortable again in the passing game and to get Richards ready for ACCCG and beyond. That should open up the running lanes.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets over 200 in either UVA or Pitt.

1000 yards before the end of the regular season? It's possible but not likely. Hopefully we don't need to see Homer tote the ball 20+ times against Virginia and Pitt. It looks like Dallas has earned the coaches' confidence as the #2 back and hopefully they'll keep giving him opportunities. Ideally, you'd like Miami to beat up enough on these last two teams that Homer is spending the second halves of the games resting on the bench. I guess we'll see this week if Miami has actually turned the page and is playing their best football or if they continue to play to the level of their opponents. Realistically, the team that just dominated Virginia Tech and Notre Dame should handle Virginia and Pitt easily but we'll see.

Advertisement
Back