Does ESPN Know something?

Advertisement
I'm gonna guess that ESPN does know something, but only because AG made this whole thing happen. We all know AG is a salesman first and a coach second. He knows something that we don't and he wants to use ESPN as a tool to garner extra exposure (rather than have news spread only through twitter or recruiting websites). I'm not saying this is fact, I'm just saying that it's very possible considering the circumstances.

I'm feeling extra positive these days -- maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Another possibility is a practical one: UM is located in a major city, unlike most major division 1 schools. It probably costs a lot less money to fly a crew to Coral Gables via MIA rather than flying into a smaller airport at a college town.

The rating argument fits into these two possibilities.

It probably has nothing to do with the fact that Miami will be reeling in a top 10 class, possibly a top 5 class depending on how NSD goes.

Look at the 12 teams ESPN is featuring. They are all currently or close to the top 12 teams in recruiting class rankings.

Not rocket science.

They hate us and probably know we might have a low day. Just another way for them to try and bury us.

Just utter nonsense that people on here constantly regurgitate.

While Mark May and Lou Holtz (bc we got the better of him in the 80s) clearly don't like UM, the rest of the announcers and analysts give us plenty of credit, some of it unwarranted.

Advertisement
I'm gonna guess that ESPN does know something, but only because AG made this whole thing happen. We all know AG is a salesman first and a coach second. He knows something that we don't and he wants to use ESPN as a tool to garner extra exposure (rather than have news spread only through twitter or recruiting websites). I'm not saying this is fact, I'm just saying that it's very possible considering the circumstances.

I'm feeling extra positive these days -- maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Another possibility is a practical one: UM is located in a major city, unlike most major division 1 schools. It probably costs a lot less money to fly a crew to Coral Gables via MIA rather than flying into a smaller airport at a college town.

The rating argument fits into these two possibilities.

You're right: it's wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back