Does Butch think he got a fair shot?

My guess it was Butch's job up until Monday when Richt got fired. Once Richt became available it changed everything. Wouldn't be surprised if he was verbally offered either. There was lots of smoke.

In the end I'm very happy with the hire. We got a solid coach that can also recruit. Couldn't have asked for much more. I *****ed and complained throughout the whole process and in the end I and I think many were pleasantly surprised.

Richt is gonna do well here.

Butch, God love him but it's time for everyone to move on.

Advertisement
My guess it was Butch's job up until Monday when Richt got fired. Once Richt became available it changed everything. Wouldn't be surprised if he was verbally offered either. There was lots of smoke.

In the end I'm very happy with the hire. We got a solid coach that can also recruit. Couldn't have asked for much more. I *****ed and complained throughout the whole process and in the end I and I think many were pleasantly surprised.

Richt is gonna do well here.

Butch, God love him but it's time for everyone to move on.

Pretty much this.

I wanted Butch badly and I think very highly of him but he didn't get the job and he isn't the coach of the team. This was his last shot at the job and he missed. Thanks for all your services to the school and program Butch, I hope you get into the school sports hall of fame someday, but Mark Richt is our A+ hire guy and it is time to move on and rally around him. I'll look back at his tenure with positivity but he's not the guy and Richt is.

Let's go 'Canes/Richt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back