Does AR 82 break receiving yards record at UM?

tinman_96

Redshirt Freshman
Under the assumption that Richards is 3 and done and no major injuries, does he beat Santana Moss?
1. Santana Moss (1997-00) 2546 yards
download.jpg
2. Reggie Wayne (1997-00) 2510 yards
download (1).jpg
3. Michael Irvin (1985-87) 2423 yards
fiesta05.jpg
4. Lamar Thomas (1989-92) 2271 yards
a.jpg
5. Leonard Hankerson (2007-10) 2160 yards
download (2).jpg
6. Travis Benjamin (2008-11) 2146 yards
download (3).jpg
? Ahmonn Richards (2016-?) 934 yards
ahmmon-richards-hurdles-wide-notre-dame-1000-2016.jpg
Richards had 934 receiving yards in his freshman year. For him to beat out Moss, he needs to have 1613 yards in two seasons. Or have a season average > 806.5 yards. I think he gets it.

On a side note: I think more of these offensive records will be broken because of the spread offense revolution and freshman playing more as years go on.

I think he gets the record by a nose under the assumption. Just think he's going to be bracketed/ doubled nearly every play in the next two years. What ya'll think?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we find a QB to get him the ball, yes! Look at those names above him, ****!

Advertisement
Depends on who we recruit to follow up he has a good chance but the playwrs around him who demand attention will dictate this

If we find a QB to get him the ball, yes! Look at those names above him, ****!

His numbers might actually go down this year, as there will be lots of weapons to share the load. However, his IMPACT will be even greater. Teams will focus on him, and it'll create chances for lots of other guys to step up.

Advertisement
Do keep in mind that he is much more of a known commodity this year. As a freshman, I don't think he was given due respect by other defenses and they paid for it. This year he will draw defenses into covering him and he won't be as open as he was last year. Combine that with the numerous other receiving weapons we have at our disposal and I think that means he ends up with less yards this season than last.

There's also no way he stays four years. I'd put money on that now--barring any major injury.

Advertisement
The extra attention is not going to slow him down much at all if any this year. Some of his longest plays were on perfect routes that he beat one or two guys AFTER the catch. Kid's a yac monster.

Do keep in mind that he is much more of a known commodity this year. As a freshman, I don't think he was given due respect by other defenses and they paid for it. This year he will draw defenses into covering him and he won't be as open as he was last year. Combine that with the numerous other receiving weapons we have at our disposal and I think that means he ends up with less yards this season than last.

There's also no way he stays four years. I'd put money on that now--barring any major injury.

Teams knew. But we had Stacy and Njoku ... opening it up for AR one on ones

Advertisement
Back