Does anyone realize...

kryptonite

AARP
that not only don't they know who the coach will be, they don't even know who would be best. Sure, we've all got our favorites, but be honest. You don't really KNOW that coach X will kill it at Miami and coach Y would be the end of the program. Because until that guy coaches at Miami, now, we won't really know what will happen. Even Saban or Urban could blow it here. Granted, there are guys who are better bets then others, but you don't really know what will happen when you mix a coach with a school.

I mention this to be a complete downer. Seriously, this process should be terrifying. Not (only) because BJ quite possibly has no idea what a good coach looks like, but because even a good coach could fail at Miami or any other school. So I wouldn't be so all-fired sure that your favorite coach really IS the answer and a little more worried that maybe he's not. Remember thinking that at worst al would be better than Randy?

NOW, having said all that, I'm cautiously optimistic about a new hire. I don't know if BJ has a F**king clue as to what he's doing, but at least I'm hearing some of the right things. Maybe they really are flashing $4+ million at candidates. Maybe they've gotten serious and will upgrade facilities and get to work moving the team out of SLS. Maybe the team will play to their potential and, dare I dream, beyond it. Anyway, for the first time in years there's hope.

Just saying I think some of you should be less sure that your choice for coach is the messiah, and a few of you should cheer the f**k up and trust the pr...never mind.

Be more like me. The word will be a better place, and you'll be way awesomer.

Advertisement
that not only don't they know who the coach will be, they don't even know who would be best. Sure, we've all got our favorites, but be honest. You don't really KNOW that coach X will kill it at Miami and coach Y would be the end of the program. Because until that guy coaches at Miami, now, we won't really know what will happen. Even Saban or Urban could blow it here. Granted, there are guys who are better bets then others, but you don't really know what will happen when you mix a coach with a school.

I mention this to be a complete downer. Seriously, this process should be terrifying. Not (only) because BJ quite possibly has no idea what a good coach looks like, but because even a good coach could fail at Miami or any other school. So I wouldn't be so all-fired sure that your favorite coach really IS the answer and a little more worried that maybe he's not. Remember thinking that at worst al would be better than Randy?

NOW, having said all that, I'm cautiously optimistic about a new hire. I don't know if BJ has a F**king clue as to what he's doing, but at least I'm hearing some of the right things. Maybe they really are flashing $4+ million at candidates. Maybe they've gotten serious and will upgrade facilities and get to work moving the team out of SLS. Maybe the team will play to their potential and, dare I dream, beyond it. Anyway, for the first time in years there's hope.

Just saying I think some of you should be less sure that your choice for coach is the messiah, and a few of you should cheer the f**k up and trust the pr...never mind.

Truth. Best post since Golden Got fired. Whenever I read anything about this, I just say to myself, "Gruden to Miami."

Yet another War and Peace! We are blessed. That's two for today. Just like the other one, it says nothing.

Advertisement

Yet another War and Peace! We are blessed. That's two for today. Just like the other one, it says nothing.

If you weren't such a busy fella, you'd have seen that several of those words accidentally lined up to say a few things. Even a broken clock...

Advertisement

OK but one of the options actually coached at Miami before and is widely considered to have done very well at Miami. I see the knocks on Butch especially his age, but he's the safe option. Can't really see him failing.

If you weren't such a busy fella, you'd have seen that several of those words accidentally lined up to say a few things. Even a broken clock...

It's said that a monkey at a keyboard, given enough time, could recreate Shakespeare's works. Keep trying.

I do apologize for that. I'm sorry. Mea culpa.

It's said that a monkey at a keyboard, given enough time, could recreate Shakespeare's works. Keep trying.

Or even a phrase in Latin. You must have gotten a few extra bananas today.

[]_[] swag;2393914 said:

OK but one of the options actually coached at Miami before and is widely considered to have done very well at Miami. I see the knocks on Butch especially his age, but he's the safe option. Can't really see him failing.

Age, hasnt coached in 5 years, and coaches have not fared well in second stints at colleges. Not a sure thing at all.

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2393914 said:

That's why I said "now". I'm fine with Butch, but he hasn't been around the program in a few years. Thanks for reading the whole first part, I know it was a bit much for most.

Et tu, Brute? A personal insult, without apology. Andrew, where are you?

I thought my response was in keeping with the friendly banter thing we had going on. Rest assured that I hold you in the highest of esteem as I'm sure you do me. I've taken the liberty of carving our initials into a tree with the letters BFF, I'll send you a picture.

Advertisement

I thought my response was in keeping with the friendly banter thing we had going on. Rest assured that I hold you in the highest of esteem as I'm sure you do me. I've taken the liberty of carving our initials into a tree with the letters BFF, I'll send you a picture.

You show me your picture, I'll show you mine.

Andrew Disclaimer: The above is NOT to be construed as any type of solicitation.

You show me your picture, I'll show you mine.

Andrew Disclaimer: The above is NOT to be construed as any type of solicitation.

:-(

Advertisement
Back