Does Any One Have the Stats

UknowWhat

Senior
The individual team stats cueious to see how Shaq is doing...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
3 of our 4 top tacklers are DBs.....usually not a good sign. But I am impressed how good the D looks this year(minus the VT game)

Advertisement
Official stats

http://www.hurricanesports.com/pdf9/5033815.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28700

43 total tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 0.5 sacks, 2 QBH, 1 FR, 1 TD = 1 Freshman All-American

And that's not including the last game where he picked up another sack. Really should of been a sack and a half but I don't want to get into the inconsistency of our stat records

Those are the "official" stats through the VT game per UM.

Yes those are are unofficial official stats(satire). Anyone who watched the game knows shaq got a sack on that reverse wr pass attempt. Same how chad Thomas didn't get credit for a sack against famu. Whoever records stats for this team needs to put down the booze bc they often don't give credit for stats our players actuall deserve. Another example is curtis porters strip sack against UNC two years ago For whatever reason was not recorded as a sack even though it clearly was

Official stats

43 total tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 0.5 sacks, 2 QBH, 1 FR, 1 TD = 1 Freshman All-American

And that's not including the last game where he picked up another sack. Really should of been a sack and a half but I don't want to get into the inconsistency of our stat records

Yes those are are unofficial official stats(satire). Anyone who watched the game knows shaq got a sack on that reverse wr pass attempt. Same how chad Thomas didn't get credit for a sack against famu. Whoever records stats for this team needs to put down the booze bc they often don't give credit for stats our players actuall deserve. Another example is curtis porters strip sack against UNC two years ago For whatever reason was not recorded as a sack even though it clearly was

I think, technically that's considered a run, and not a pass play since the guy made no effort to throw it.

Official stats

I think, technically that's considered a run, and not a pass play since the guy made no effort to throw it.

By rule that's a sack. He doesn't have to make an attempt to throw it when it's a designed throwing play. Unless this is defined definitely by college rules. Either way doesn't explain why they've failed to record other stats that have happened

Advertisement

By rule that's a sack. He doesn't have to make an attempt to throw it when it's a designed throwing play. Unless this is defined definitely by college rules. Either way doesn't explain why they've failed to record other stats that have happened

How do you "know" it was a designed pass play. Can't they say it was a reverse? I mean, I'm all for giving Shaq another sack, but....

38 stops, 8 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 pressures. 48% stuff rate. 8/10, 122 yards, 3 TD while targeting Shaq.

How do you "know" it was a designed pass play. Can't they say it was a reverse? I mean, I'm all for giving Shaq another sack, but....

Yeah that makes no sense.

Advertisement

ReversePass.jpg

Unlikely it would ever be labeled a sack because it was a WR with the ball, but it was definitely a designed pass play. At the end of the third quarter they also ran a HB pass (the next play after their FB threw a TD) that was covered and Owens got a TFL that was really a sack.

38 stops, 8 TFL, 2 sacks, 2 pressures. 48% stuff rate. 8/10, 122 yards, 3 TD while targeting Shaq.

Huh?

Stops are primary tackler on run plays/screens. Guessing the TFL difference is Shaq had a TFL that was a "0" yard gain but was actually behind the LOS (that and I don't do halves so he got 1 TFL instead of 0.5 on the sack against VT).

View attachment 39788

Unlikely it would ever be labeled a sack because it was a WR with the ball, but it was definitely a designed pass play. At the end of the third quarter they also ran a HB pass (the next play after their FB threw a TD) that was covered and Owens got a TFL that was really a sack.

Ok, looks like a pass play, but I'm still sticking to, "they're not calling it a sack."

Advertisement

Huh?

Stops are primary tackler on run plays/screens. Guessing the TFL difference is Shaq had a TFL that was a "0" yard gain but was actually behind the LOS (that and I don't do halves so he got 1 TFL instead of 0.5 on the sack against VT).

Ok. I'll go with the official stats, but that's interesting.

The receivers were executing designed routs, the oline was in pass protection, and the wr clearly looked downfield to pass. It was pretty obvious that it was a designed passing play where the wr has an option to run.

The receivers were executing designed routs, the oline was in pass protection, and the wr clearly looked downfield to pass. It was pretty obvious that it was a designed passing play where the wr has an option to run.

Ok, but as I said above, it won't be called a sack.

View attachment 39788

Ok, looks like a pass play, but I'm still sticking to, "they're not calling it a sack."

Like I said, in the pros, any player regardless of position that is schemed to pass gets tackled behind the LOS, it's a sack. Although I'm pretty sure I've seen it called the same way in college too. Which was my point, out stat guys really suck. Every year I watch the game then see stats missing from the stat sheet the next day. Not that it's a huge problem but doesn't look as good for our guys' draft profile. Also plus to the narrative that UM has a lot of incompetence as a program from the top to the bottom. Like a school that sorta-kinda-not really cares about football

Advertisement
Back