does 7 on 7 really show anything

Gamineal

All-ACC
I love watching, teddy tore it a few years ago...But other than nothing else on what is there to gain from these 7 0n 7s for players other than the WR and Qbs....

Advertisement
I watched 5 minutes last night and was bored as ****. Watching the CB's block a pass and celebrate as if they won something was comical.

Advertisement
Really for offensive guys to get timing down, Qb to read coverage, defensive back seven to do some live work on drops and zones.

Not really something for fans to watch, its a practice drill. Something that is usually included in the practice schedule.

only for receivers and corners imo. 7-on-7 has gotten substantially overrated in terms of evaluating kids. any qb can look decent with no rush and all day to throw, same with running backs who don't have to read a hole or absorb contact. i also don't understand what is gained from evaluating lineman in this setting, without the contact you'd get from having the pads on its hard to tell. in high school and college we always had guys who were 7-on-7 allstars who couldn't get in the two deep once the pads came on, it happened without fail on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
Back