NBA Doc Rivers

Hurricane4lyfe

recruit
Whose more at fault for him being replaced?? and who should clippers get as a coach ? Fyi Heat Nation Here lol... just don't understand why they parted ways with Doc Rivers

Advertisement
The move makes no sense to me from either side. Doc had some talent and is in a position to make run with that group, so don't see why he'd wanna leave. And unless the Clippers are thinking about truly upgrading the position with another HoF coach, I don't get why they'd want to rid themselves of one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA. Only thing I can think of is them making a move on Popovich.

Advertisement
Whose more at fault for him being replaced?? and who should clippers get as a coach ? Fyi Heat Nation Here lol... just don't understand why they parted ways with Doc Rivers

bc hes above average at best as an HC. not saying this collapse was his fault but hes failed in the playoffs prior to this year. seemed as if this was the boiling point. remember, he was the GM before too and they stripped that from him due to his failed moves

They will get whoever Kawhi tells them to get.

they have one year left on that deal. not sure they care if pg13 moves on but KL is their big upcoming FA. they need to go all in on the next guy to ensure KL stays or theyre incredibly ****ed after the trade for PG let go of SGA and their entire draft for like the next decade

Advertisement
This question has been asked often in the past. Who fires Lenny Wilkins for example? Great coach. Better than Doc. Nobody outside knows for real what is really happening in 'The Room'. Players whine a lot about the offensive plays, style of the offense, and why they ain't gettin' their number called as much as they expect, especially in a losing streak. None of it matters anyway because the man in charge, who pays the skin, said so.

Paul George is the most overrated "star" in the league.

Doc is also a super overrated coach, he's not an X's & O's guy at all, he's more of a motivator type, if he doesn't have a team already stacked with talent that can coach themselves he struggles.

I still believe he should be coaching somewhere in the NBA, because there's a ton of terrible coaches who don't deserve to be coaching & he's better than most of them, but he's just not a championship level coach.

But to me the Clippers biggest issue is they don't have a true Point Guard, Pat Beverly is ***, he's not as good of a defender as he gets touted to be, all he is is a hyperactive agitator that just fouls & talks trash.

Kawhi come back to Toronto... you should have never left... A dynasty was forming...

Advertisement

Doc is also a super overrated coach, he's not an X's & O's guy at all, he's more of a motivator type, if he doesn't have a team already stacked with talent that can coach themselves he struggles.

I still believe he should be coaching somewhere in the NBA, because there's a ton of terrible coaches who don't deserve to be coaching & he's better than most of them, but he's just not a championship level coach.

But to me the Clippers biggest issue is they don't have a true Point Guard, Pat Beverly is ***, he's not as good of a defender as he gets touted to be, all he is is a hyperactive agitator that just fouls & talks trash.
You've got to be at least 1 of 2 things to be considered a good NBA head coach. Great at X's & O's or a leader of men. Brad Stevens is the first, Doc is the latter, and very quietly Spo seems to have attained both.

Doc will get a NBA HC job before next season begins if he wants to. If they haven't already, Houston, Philly and NOLA will be knocking down his door. Matter of fact, if Doc wants to come back it wouldn't surprise me the least bit to hear an announcement before this finals series is over.

Pat Beverley is the least of the Clippers concerns. The Clippers curse is real. 47 years and that team has never made it to the conference semifinals. Playing 2nd fiddle in LA and in the shadow of the Lakers isn't helping matters neither. In a sports world where we're constantly hearing talk of "culture" and "culture change", if there's a sports franchise that needed it more than anyone it's the LA Clippers.

its a good thing they extended beverly last year then lol

Advertisement
I would like to see what Doc could do with Ben and Philly

ben is trash. weak minded kid w zero desire to actually improve his game. philly prolly gonna have to figure out a way to send off one of embiid or ben bc horford and harris are on horrific contracts that aren't desired. my guess is they get rid of Joel

Doc Rivers for me is that Hoard's quote "Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards.". He's going to get a mediocre team playing good basketball into the playoffs then lose, he will get a loaded team playing good basketball into the playoffs then lose.
The Clippers couldn't adjust for sh*t in the bubble, it was pathetic to watch

They tryna lay this at the feet of Doc is laughable..PG and Kawhi own this ****. From lack of leadership (Kawhi) to underperforming (Kawhi and PG) it’s them. Doc was good enough to get them double digit leads in all 3 close out games..let that sink in. A 19 pt lead. 16 pt lead. 12 pt lead.

Advertisement
Back