Dobard: "I'm not scared to compete"

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Tight End Standish Dobard (6’4, 250) was a surprise commitment for Miami a couple of months ago. He has stayed strong in that commitment ever since, as he recently came to campus for the second to last Al Golden Football Camp.

“I wanted to come to the camp to show the Miami coaches that I’m not scared to compete and Coach Carroll had told me there was gonna be a lot of good competition down there so I wanted to see what I was up against,” Dobard said.

His position coach, Brennan Carroll, is somebody who he has grown close with throughout the process.

“Me and Coach Carroll are real close. We talk to each other every day about football and grades, things like that,” he said.

With two other tight ends committed as well, Dobard says he’s not worried about the competition.

“Coach Fisch told me they’re gonna use us like the New England Patriots. I think I can do it all, but I think my key component would have to be receiving,” Dobard added.

Last year playing for Edna Karr High School in New Orleans, Dobard recorded 40 catches for 675 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also says that two commits he has been talking to are Alex Gall and Kevin Olsen.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;10MryuVKCrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10MryuVKCrs[/video]

Advertisement
The reason Dobard committed to Miami was because he is scared of the competition. He knows Smith is better.

brunnin4 1 month ago

That was posted by a LSU fan on a youtube page.

Looks like a defensive tackle.

Meaning you think he'll grow into a DT, or dude is just a big TE.

Meaning he's approximately 6' 4" and 250 pounds going into his Senior season. He's basically going to be as big, if not bigger, than William Joseph. If the two routes in that link are any indication, he's not a guy that is going to come in and out of his breaks smoothly.

I'm not saying I project him to play DT, but I'm saying in that video, he looks like an explosive DT playing offense.

Advertisement

Meaning he's approximately 6' 4" and 250 pounds going into his Senior season. He's basically going to be as big, if not bigger, than William Joseph. If the two routes in that link are any indication, he's not a guy that is going to come in and out of his breaks smoothly.

I'm not saying I project him to play DT, but I'm saying in that video, he looks like an explosive DT playing offense.

Thanks, we need help at both positions, so he's a good pick-up regardless of where he plays.

Thanks, we need help at both positions, so he's a good pick-up regardless of where he plays.

I imagine he's going to play TE. He sounds like the type of guy set on playing TE. As someone looking to maximize a player, I'm curious if he's ever played DL, though, and whether he'd be willing to play that spot.

I imagine he's going to play TE. He sounds like the type of guy set on playing TE. As someone looking to maximize a player, I'm curious if he's ever played DL, though, and whether he'd be willing to play that spot.

Do you see any Warren Sapp like qualities in this kid that jump out. I know Sapp came in as a TE.

Do you see any Warren Sapp like qualities in this kid that jump out. I know Sapp came in as a TE.

Haven't ever seen him play DT and never saw Sapp play TE. But, HS TEs are some of the best DTs and OTs. Some of the best HS WRs are future TEs.

Advertisement
Excited to have this kid aboard. Concerned about that 250-ish weight. That's a little big for an incoming freshman, but from all accounts he looked good at the camp, with the requisite athleticism to be a factor early on in his career.

The reason Dobard committed to Miami was because he is scared of the competition. He knows Smith is better.

brunnin4 1 month ago

That was posted by a LSU fan on a youtube page.

Sour grapes, obviously. Other fans will talk **** until the Canes settle it on the field with their own teams. An LSU Peach Bowl payback would be wonderful.

Advertisement
His name is STANDISH DOBARD!

STANDISH

DOBARD

He wins the whole **** thing.

LU, normally when you have a big, athletic tight end, we speculate left tackle. Why DT for him?!?

Advertisement
Back