Do you guys remember how good Gore was?

Drives me crazy hearing and reading the Mallory (no disrespect to him in any way) comparisons to Gore. Pre-injury there had never been anyone like him or afterwards. The true 1 of 1.
There’s similarities but the explosion and long speed isn’t in the same universe. I see some Gore and I see some Moss. Gore pre injury is the best I’ve seen.
 
Drives me crazy hearing and reading the Mallory (no disrespect to him in any way) comparisons to Gore. Pre-injury there had never been anyone like him or afterwards. The true 1 of 1.
Maybe people are referring to post pre knee injury gore? Would that also drive you crazy

I agree pre knee injury gore was generational… post knee injury’s he was an elite RB who had durability.

Mallory to me just runs like him… definitely not as slippery in his breaks but kid is gonna be a good one here
 
I don't know the story, but maybe it was because we had certified studs at the position he played. Amazed me the talent we had stacked at UM during that 5 year period....
As I recall (no insider).
Gore had a learning disability - had to be accommodated for his SATs.
Butch did not push for him. When he took over, Coker did, along with Parrish.
Certainly the best decisions Coker made at UM. Allowing Berlin to go shotgun and wing it v. UiF in the comeback was probably #2.
In my mind there is no #3.
 
Thanks for the video. I had forgot how much of a bad *** Gore was as a true freshman. I don't even remember watching some of these runs. Like the first time I've seen some of them. Wow! He was filthy. Elite vision, footwork, balance, burst, acceleration, speed, and really good power for his size. The complete package and then some.

Now I totally understand why many say he would be the best all time if not for his injuries.
 
Best I’ve ever seen at Miami going back to the mid 80’s. Coker said he was the best he’s coached and we know the hall of famers he coached.
I’m a huge fan of Gore, especially pre injury, but Coker was just glazing him. He coached Barry during the greatest statistical season in CFB history, who ended up being at worst the 3rd best back of all time.
 
Back
Top